Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is infamous around these partsKobe24 is infamous around these parts

Silly Mavs fans. Using some irrelevant never heard of made up formula to discredit Kobe and credit Dirk.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24 View Post
Silly Mavs fans. Using some irrelevant never heard of made up formula to discredit Kobe and credit Dirk.
Look kid, this forum has a lot of smart people on it. We discuss X's and O's and understand the value of advanced statistical metrics to analyze the worth of different players to their respective teams.

As a Lakers fan, I'm sure this level of intelligence escapes you. You come from a culture that always sucks Kobe's dick no matter what happens. Your selective memory allows you to praise him for making one clutch shot, while forgetting the fact his previous five bricks and offensive foul were exactly what allowed his opponent back into the game (see the last regular season game against the Kings). In other words, Kobe's only wildly successful if you ignore all his failures.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is infamous around these partsKobe24 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Look kid, this forum has a lot of smart people on it. We discuss X's and O's and understand the value of advanced statistical metrics to analyze the worth of different players to their respective teams.

As a Lakers fan, I'm sure this level of intelligence escapes you. You come from a culture that always sucks Kobe's dick no matter what happens. Your selective memory allows you to praise him for making one clutch shot, while forgetting the fact his previous five bricks and offensive foul were exactly what allowed his opponent back into the game (see the last regular season game against the Kings). In other words, Kobe's only wildly successful if you ignore all his failures.
5 rings

Dirk - 0

Keep crying some more. Preparing for the offseason yet?
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #4
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
5 rings

Dirk - 0

Really can you not carry on an intelligent conversation?
Old 04-30-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
5 rings

Dirk - 0

Last recourse from dumb*** fans who lose arguments. Sounds so spurs-like...How many have kobe won without another all-star on the team...How many finals has he taken them too? Damn trolls, waste of electrons.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 04-30-2011 at 09:36 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #6
LA24KB4L
Banned

LA24KB4L is infamous around these partsLA24KB4L is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Last recourse from dumb*** fans who lose arguments. Sounds so spurs-like...How many have kobe won without another all-star on the team...How many finals has he taken them too? Damn trolls, waste of electrons.
Lol, no sh!t you cant win a champion without a good cast.. MJ with pippen and with alot of shooters.. just by comparing Kb to MJ means KB that great.. while dirk ? hitler?
LA24KB4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:49 AM   #7
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA24KB4L View Post
Lol, no sh!t you cant win a champion without a good cast.. MJ with pippen and with alot of shooters.. just by comparing Kb to MJ means KB that great.. while dirk ? hitler?
Your hilarious you must do real well at stand up comedy.

BTW Smart guy Hitler was not German he was Austrian.

Last edited by Mavsfan4ever; 05-01-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Mavsfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:29 AM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA24KB4L View Post
wow...you may be the dumbest poster I've seen in 10 years or so. And that is saying a lot...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-01-2011, 03:56 AM   #9
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Pau never in his life shut down Dirk, in fact, Dirk outrebounds him in their battles, has more steals, and even blocks as well. All that while averaging a whooping 5 points more than Pau. Dirk historically destroyed Gasol in their matchups, if i remember correctly even when he was with the german team. With that said, Gasol can cause us some problems, and in the last two years, he usually plays very well against us. He will be a tough cover, no doubt, but then what is Dirk?
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:32 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
You'd better tell your mommie that you are using her computer...She's not going like you viewing barney the dinosaur on her system. Don't be upset that you are not intelligent enough to understand math.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:06 AM   #11
Dark Cuban
Banned

Dark Cuban can only hope to improve

Let me get this straight.

Dirk says it's all about winning it all. That nothing else matters. Before it was about making it to the play-offs. Then it was about making it out of the first round. Now it's about winning it all.

Yet you guys say that it's all about the stats. It's not about the rings. Not the one ring, the two rings, or the five.

It's the stats.

Figures.

Perennial losers.
Dark Cuban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:12 AM   #12
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cuban View Post

Dirk says it's all about winning it all. That nothing else matters. Before it was about making it to the play-offs. Then it was about making it out of the first round. Now it's about winning it all.

Yet you guys say that it's all about the stats. It's not about the rings. Not the one ring, the two rings, or the five.

It's the stats.

Figures.

Perennial losers.

Perennial troll.

For the fans stats matter for Dirk the ring is all that matters. Name me one player in the NBA whose ultimate goal is not the ring?

Last edited by Mavsfan4ever; 05-01-2011 at 05:20 AM.
Mavsfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:18 AM   #13
Dark Cuban
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
Perennial troll.
Aww. C'mon now. That's just rude!

Is that anyway to treat guests? I made a good point, don't you think?

By the way, the fact that it was my first post leads me to question whether or not you know the meaning of the word, "perennial."
Old 05-01-2011, 05:22 AM   #14
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:

By the way, the fact that it was my first post leads me to question whether or not you know the meaning of the word, "perennial."
I was being sarcastic.

Look at it this way at Dirks stage of his career every year he has to have his eye on the ring.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:22 AM   #15
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If you've seen one post from a troll, you've seen them all. I'll at least give you credit for having a grasp on the English language that seems to elude most trolls. So you are a well-spoken troll, but a troll nonetheless. Eat sh*t and kill yourself, troll.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:25 AM   #16
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
If you've seen one post from a troll, you've seen them all. I'll at least give you credit for having a grasp on the English language that seems to elude most trolls. So you are a well-spoken troll, but a troll nonetheless. Eat sh*t and kill yourself, troll.
I have a song just came up on my iTunes that is perfect for Dirk "My Time is Now".
Old 05-01-2011, 05:32 AM   #17
Dark Cuban
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Can eating feces kill you? Huh. Never thought about that. But considering all the toxins that are in feces, it probably could. I'll take your word for it.

I don't agree that for fans, it's all about stats. I couldn't give less of a flying fuc& about stats. Considering the Lakers show virtually no respect for the regular season, it really is all about the championships. There's a reason why a city doesn't have parades for stats or the regular season. Well, at least Los Angeles doesn't. Does Dallas?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:31 AM   #18
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:

It's the stats.

Figures.

Perennial losers.
It's about winning it all, to him, that is all is missing from his legacy, but to compare players, you have to take a look at the advanced stats, and prime impact. Stats don't lie. Basketball is a team sport, and you need multiple all-stars to win in this league. No matter how you put it, Dirk never had that. Do you really think Dirk doesn't win playing besides Shaq? Do you really think he doesn't win with a Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Artest supporting cast? Or with a prime Parker, and Manu Ginobili, and with Bowen, one of the best perimeter defender of all-time?

Dirk never had a real low-post presence playing next to him (something a lot of people think you can't win without, Kobe couldn't to this day...), he never had a truly great coach. He never had an elite perimeter defender. He never even had a legit all-star in his prime, playing next to him. A guy who makes it every other year. Forget about superstars. Yet, every advanced stat screaming to you, that he's just as good as those high impact players in the last decade.

Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, Garnett. His adjusted +- ratings, PER, Win shares, everything shows you he's up there with them (actually, Bryant is the odd man out, his prime impact is not near to those guys). So Dirk is up there, he just happens to not won a ring yet, because he simply never had the supporting cast those guys had. It's really that simple.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 05-01-2011 at 05:33 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:37 AM   #19
Dark Cuban
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
It's about winning it all, to him, that is all is missing from his legacy, but to compare players, you have to take a look at the advanced stats, and prime impact. Stats don't lie. Basketball is a team sport, and you need multiple all-stars to win in this league. No matter how you put it, Dirk never had that. Do you really think Dirk doesn't win playing besides Shaq? Do you really think he doesn't win with a Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Artest supporting cast? Or with a prime Parker, and Manu Ginobili, and with Bowen, one of the best perimeter defender of all-time?

Dirk never had a real low-post presence playing next to him (something a lot of people think you can't win without, Kobe couldn't to this day...), he never had a truly great coach. He never had an elite perimeter defender. He never even had a legit all-star in his prime, playing next to him. A guy who makes it every other year. Forget about superstars. Yet, every advanced stat screaming to you, that he's just as good as those high impact players in the last decade.

Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, Garnett. His adjusted +- ratings, PER, Win shares, everything shows you he's up there with them (actually, Bryant is the odd man out, his prime impact is not near to those guys). So Dirk is up there, he just happens to not won a ring yet, because he simply never had the supporting cast those guys had. It's really that simple.
If what you say is true, then there's a good reason Dirk has "the stats." Because he plays with scrubs. I remember Kobe going on 40 pt. games several years ago. He even scored 81 once. Now that's a stat. You know why? Because he played with scrubs. Your GM and owner must suck for perennially surrounding a great player with scrubs.

There's that word again - perennial
Old 05-01-2011, 05:42 AM   #20
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Your GM and owner must suck for perennially surrounding a great player with scrubs.
No argument here. Those guys suck.

Quote:
There's that word again - perennial
F*ck off and die, troll.

(And just so you know, I'm not saying you should die by way of f*cking off. Rather, I think you should f*ck off, and I hope you die. Just being clear.)
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ban em all, cadpolishesmodknob, enough! ban cad!, laker trolls post here, return of the quack!, trolls everywhere