Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-16-2002, 12:38 AM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I don't normally moan about my day, but TODAY SUCKED! It started out so innocently (like the day was lying in wait for me). I take the dog to the groomer to have his nails clipped - the idiot groomer cuts a dew claw too close and the dog cries - and whines - and moans - and generally carries on like he's getting killed. Poor dog but by the time we're done I have a pounding headache. I take the dog home and go on to work. I thinking that I might get my coffee and read a couple of comics before I open and relax a little. HELL NO! The professional forum that I moderate decides that it's time to blow up in flame wars. I get everything under control a little and then Tabitha calls me. The hot water heater has blown up. So I have to run all the customers out of the store, lock up, and drive home to turn off the hot water heater. I get home, turn off the water, and go BACK to work. I get someone to replace the hot water heater (400 dollars) and find out that another flame war has erupted on the forum. Finally I get off work and go home. The crew that I got to replace the hot water heater didn't even bother to take out the old one (it's sitting in the middle of the kitchen) or put the washer and dryer back (they had to be moved to get to the hot water heater). Now I've got to move everything back to wash every towel in the house which was used to clean up the water. I MIGHT get everything done by 2AM but I doubt it.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2002, 12:45 AM   #2
BASKETBALL 101

BASKETBALL 101 is on a distinguished road

MFFL,

What kind of business do you run? Oh, by the way SORRY about your day!
Old 03-16-2002, 01:05 AM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I own a comic shop. It's a GREAT job and I love it. Where else can someone read funny books and call it product research?
Old 03-16-2002, 01:07 AM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your day man! At least it's the weekend now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] My day wasn't so bad, but I just spent the last five hours helping my gf move to her new apt..up THREE damn stories (four if you count the second floor of her apartment)! Sure am glad I didn't hit the gym today. My legs are freakin sore as crap.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 01:10 AM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

When the comic market goes up again, I'm going to show up at your store with five or six long boxes for sale [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Gawd I hate being broke [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 01:13 AM   #6
MFFL
Guru

<< When the comic market goes up again >>

Just don't hold your breath. Back issues are still in a severe slump.
Old 03-16-2002, 02:49 AM   #7
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Wow! And the Mavs thought they had a crappy day Thursday!
Old 03-16-2002, 11:21 AM   #8
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

just curious.

i still have an unopened copy of spawn #1.

how much is it worth?

geez...its probably been 7 or 8 years since i've touched a comic.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 06:59 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a question too. What would the original Star Wars comics be worth these days?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 02:09 AM   #10
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

Poor dog, you just had a headache, imagine someone cutting your toenails down past the quick? Ouchhhhhh, I would have bit you for taking me there!

$400 for a hotwater tank! Wow I'll make you feel even worse......$129 for a 40 gal, $168 for a 60 gal, $21 per hour x 1 hour (including workmans comp, 401K and insurance) = $150 - $189 at most and that's including clean up, removal and washing the towels. Who did you hire?

Therefore, not only does your dog hate you now, your coffee was cold, you were taken on the repair bill, and it cost you clients, extra gas, and agravation. I feel sorry that you had such a bad day![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2002, 10:31 AM   #11
MFFL
Guru

<< $400 for a hotwater tank! Wow I'll make you feel even worse......$129 for a 40 gal, $168 for a 60 gal, $21 per hour x 1 hour (including workmans comp, 401K and insurance) = $150 - $189 at most and that's including clean up, removal and washing the towels. Who did you hire? >>

The tank was $279 at Home Depot (+tax made it over $300). $100 for installation SEEMED reasonable...

<< Poor dog, you just had a headache, imagine someone cutting your toenails down past the quick? Ouchhhhhh, I would have bit you for taking me there! >>

The dog has really bad luck when it comes to any type of road trip. He (I use the term loosely because of course we had him fixed) always has bad things happen to him. We took him boating and he jumps out of the boat to &quot;rescue&quot; one of the skiers. His life perserver came off and the dog almost drowned before I could swim to him. But in the back yard he is king - ruler of all he sees.
Old 03-17-2002, 07:07 PM   #12
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Hi MFFL, I'm so sorry you had such an awful day. That string of bad luck is almost sitcom material. Maybe all the bad is out of the way, and you're in for a good many months. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I hope we'll soon get to read another post of your's telling us how you had an incredibly great day!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] At least you did attain a measure of superhero status for Tabitha when you went home and turned off the villainous hot water. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2002, 07:12 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

MFFL- it could always get worse...for instance, I'd like to introduce you to your new next door neighbor...Joe Joe.
Old 03-18-2002, 01:30 AM   #14
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

doc, you are indeed evil today.
Old 03-18-2002, 01:33 AM   #15
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Geez...I think I'd live that day every day for the rest of my life if it meant the Mavs could beat LA.
Old 03-18-2002, 01:37 AM   #16
Smiles
Diamond Member

LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The prices we would all be willing to pay!!
Old 03-18-2002, 08:10 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

LOL