Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-18-2002, 01:53 AM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

We are all very fortunate to have a board here in which a great amount of Mavericks knowledge debate, and discussion occurs. However I am afraid of the ESPNing of this message board. Some may not recall but there was a time when people met at the ESPN boards for great discussion, good debate, and friendly discourse. Of course anyone who has ever visited them recently knows this has largely come to an end.

Why did it end? Well, no it wasn't because of the annoying posters. It was because the annoying posters were able to drag everyone down to their level. I myself have been guilty of responding to said "trolls" on this board and others. This effects the quality of all posts on a discussion board. Soon enough a discussion on how a player can improve becomes a flame war.

Let us avoid becoming an ESPN board, or an LMF board for that matter. From this point forward I pledge to ignore all inflamitory posts upon this board.

Don't be mistaken pledging to avoid such behavior is not an easy task. Many, myself included, feel the need to teach stupidity a lesson.

REGARDLESS FROM THIS POINT FORWARD I WILL NEVER RESPOND TO ANOTHER TROLL, FLAMER, ETC. AGAIN.

I HOPE MANY OF YOU ON THIS BOARD CAN JOIN ME IN THIS. I BELIEVE IT IS FOR THE GOOD OF THIS SITE.

Please post below if you are willing to abide by this. Only a collective action will dispell trolls.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2002, 01:56 AM   #2
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Said Flamer can easily be suspended. I agree with you to an extent, but I can't help but have the need to educate the fool.
Old 03-18-2002, 01:58 AM   #3
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

It is difficult Ocelot I agree, but a collective action by a great majority will work.

I am the first to say I have responded to trolls, but will from this pont forward ignore all they have to say, and focus upon constructive conversation.

Old 03-18-2002, 01:59 AM   #4
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I do want to do what is best for our site.

Please call me on it - if I stray again.
Old 03-18-2002, 02:01 AM   #5
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

there is no doubt that I have responded to a certain troll many times, but I am through as of right now. It's going to be very hard not to...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 02:02 AM   #6
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Sorry, I'll respond when I feel the urge. Forgive me...
Old 03-18-2002, 02:03 AM   #7
grbh
Platinum Member

A good start guy/gals. I never said it would be easy. I have just tonight been one to challenge, but I think if the majority of the board would agree to ignore bad posters it is for the best.

By the way should I ever stray please call me on it also.

Old 03-18-2002, 02:06 AM   #8
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Okay, it's a pact. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2002, 02:16 AM   #9
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

I might join you guys later, but for now I'll just keep you in line.
Old 03-18-2002, 02:22 AM   #10
mavsfan4

mavsfan4 is on a distinguished road

I am sure going to do my part grbh. Nice post, I agree
Old 03-18-2002, 02:56 AM   #11
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

You suck grbh
Old 03-18-2002, 02:57 AM   #12
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

(let's see if he grbh has a memory)
Old 03-18-2002, 01:50 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

good post, i'll start first thing next week
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 03:07 PM   #14
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

LOL, Murph!
Old 03-18-2002, 03:22 PM   #15
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Very well said grbh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] . Though most already made the choice a long time ago to ignore the "trolls" and "flamers" etc..., I would hope that the others would take your post to heart because it IS truely the best for this board.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 04:38 PM   #16
mavsfan4

Tell me about it Rob, I agree!
Old 03-18-2002, 10:12 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a good idea. I'll try but will sit back and wait...kind of like ocelot. It would be refreshing for joe joe himself to reduce the negativity in his posts. With that kind of olive branch it would be much easier to commit outright. Isee him being better for a while and then falling back into the same old routine. Hope I'm wrong.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 01:45 AM   #18
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Good Ideas guys.

My theory: Let sleeping dogs lie.

The short- sightedness of some of the posts here sometimes get me riled. In the interests of this board, I think we all need to think about the consequences of some posts.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 02:37 AM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i just dont' see how he can be suspended for a month and then come back under a different name a week later.. how can that be allowed?
Old 03-20-2002, 11:39 AM   #20
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

We've explained it a gazillion times already. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 01:08 PM   #21
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Joe Joe's not coming back. And if his latest reincarnation screws up one more time, he's gone for good. Period. No more aliases. dallmav's currently overseeing that situation.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 01:27 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

rob, you've explained how a guy on a month suspension can come back under a new alias with about three weeks of suspension left?
i must have missed that one

amazing....disheartening

but i'll leave it alone
Old 03-20-2002, 06:29 PM   #23
mavsfan4

When is the guy going to be punished for some of the crap he does?
Old 03-20-2002, 08:16 PM   #24
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

nah nah, nah nah nah nah...hey hey hey, goooodbye!
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 08:24 PM   #25
mavsfan4

I have did nothing wrong, and I am going no where. Unless you are, bye Crippler.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:50 PM   #26
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

mf4 - if you continue to post like that last one, please don't dare criticise someone else's grammar. holy cow...
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 09:54 PM   #27
mavsfan4

Dallmav, take note please. Thanks....