Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 03-18-2002, 12:31 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

And he looks a hell-of-a-lot like George Brett.

Click here to see ---->Hank Blalock.

Trust me on this one folks...if you haven't heard of this guy...you will. He is the real deal, the total package...and almost certainly the opening day third sacker for the Rangers. Rookie of the Year should be a lock.

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2002, 11:39 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

bump...to correspond with murph's poll.
Old 03-18-2002, 11:54 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i have honestly never been more excited about a rangers prospect..i cannot wait to see him in the regular season
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 11:56 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

I'm with you on that...although I am really getting excited about Mench, Lewis and Texeira as well. The Rangers farm hasn't been this good in a long long time.
Old 03-19-2002, 12:04 AM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm very excited about mench and lewis..i'm not as excited about texiera but i do think he'll make a solid player... also excited about ramos, ..this guy will be a solid 3rd starting pitcher..there's always room for a solid #3..especially on a staff that probably didn't have a solid #3 in their whole rotation last year.. actually, probably only had one guy (davis) that was even a solid #4 starter
Old 03-19-2002, 04:19 PM   #6
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I can't agree with you more on this one. You can't help but salavate when you see this kid batting 8th in the lineup. And from what I've heard, he is pretty good around the bag too.
The cool thing is that all the veterens like Raffy have really clung to this guy. Can't say enough good things about the kid.

I've never been so excited about someone that I have never seen hit before...but the highlights will have to do until the season starts.

GO MAVS...I mean GO RANGERS!!
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 04:25 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

I've seen him play....he is one of those guys that just commands your attention. He wlks out and without saying a word he says..."I'm Hank Blalock...and you're not"...."I play third for the Rangers..and you don't" ...."I am a badass..and I will win ROY honors"....

He is the real deal.

I like Tex a lot murph, but I want to see some at bats for him in AAA. Blalock is ready to make the jump right now. Mench and Romano could make it soon...so could Lewis. I think that Ramos being a soft tosser/command type guy does not bode well for him under the Hart regime. I see Hart packaging him and Vizcaino and maybe another guy for a #3-5 starter. Woodard shold get cut and Irabu gets the long relief role.

God I love spring training!
Old 03-19-2002, 07:57 PM   #8
BiteMeVescey

BiteMeVescey is on a distinguished road

Blalock is going to make a lot of pitichers call their union rep to make sure their insurance is paid up. He's nailed 3 already this spring with direct comeback shots, the surest sign of a sweet swing.
Old 03-19-2002, 09:49 PM   #9
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

<< i'm not as excited about texiera but i do think he'll make a solid player... >>

not exicted about Texeira??? Man, this guy is going to tear shit up. Every scout that has seen him has come away pretty blown away with his swing, fielding abitity, and approach to the game. He's going to be a stud.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 09:51 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Crippler- good call.

BiteMeVescey- I would hate to have to throw him a damn ball if he even had a toothpick in his hand.
Old 03-20-2002, 02:44 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

not as excited about texiera as i am about blalock..kinda misworded it.. i'm excited about mench and ramos... texiera will be solid.. i don't think he'll produce like blalock....