Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #1
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of
Default Rockets roll to 11th straight win, Who will stop them

The Houston Rockets' winning streak just got a whole lot more impressive.

Yao Ming had 28 points and 14 rebounds, T-mac had 34 points, and the Rockets won their 11th straight game, 100-80 over the Western Conference-leading New Orleans Hornets on Friday night.

They are going to play Bulls on Sunday night, Wizards on Tuesday, Grizzlies on Friday, and next sunday against Nuggets. What team do u think will stop them in next week?
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to post in this thread but I think Ill make a new thread about my new puppy
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Hahahah Is this Yao posting? Cmon big fella, you can tell us now. The joke is up

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Yao? Are you fishing for comments on a rival teams message board? Wait. You are taking the saying " keep your enemies closer" to another level now. Stappit

Old 02-23-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Hahahah Is this Yao posting? Cmon big fella, you can tell us now. The joke is up
Yao speaks English better than horse.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

I would guess tracy mcgrady will stop them sooner rather than later with an overexagerated injury. Is he not coming up on a record for consecutive games played with like 11
Old 02-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #7
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Maybe Yi then?

Old 02-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #8
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I think wer all hoping that Yao speaks better english than a horse...I am sure he does

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:20 PM   #9
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Beating the Hornets by 20 in NO is big time. Hate them or hate them, the Rockets are playing very good now.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:45 PM   #10
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping
Beating the Hornets by 20 in NO is big time. Hate them or hate them, the Rockets are playing very good now.
true.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:38 PM   #11
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Rockets on roll~~~~
Old 02-23-2008, 02:47 PM   #12
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs own the Rockets. Color me unconcerned. I'm much more concerned about the Lakers/Suns/Spurs.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:51 PM   #13
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Talk about a 180... I remember when they didn't even look like a playoff team. At least we still have our Rocket killer (Terry) in our lineup.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #14
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Talk about a 180... I remember when they didn't even look like a playoff team. At least we still have our Rocket killer (Terry) in our lineup.
Not to mention, I can't even imagine what Kidd would do to Rafer Alston.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #15
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

go to hell.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #16
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Not to mention, I can't even imagine what Kidd would do to Rafer Alston.
I can...

Nothing...

The Rockets owned Kidd when he was in New Jersey.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #17
haywoodjay

haywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Mavs own the Rockets. Color me unconcerned. I'm much more concerned about the Lakers/Suns/Spurs.
if i were the mavs i'd be more concerned with another monumental choke job.

but that's just me.
haywoodjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #18
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
I can...

Nothing...

The Rockets owned Kidd when he was in New Jersey.
Sucks for you guys that he's on a much better team now, then. I can't wait to see a HoF PG with Dirk on his team go against poor little Skip to My Lou.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #19
tmac1yao11

tmac1yao11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Sucks for you guys that he's on a much better team now, then. I can't wait to see a HoF PG with Dirk on his team go against poor little Skip to My Lou.
I pretty much have the same sentiment as Parker of the Spurs, Thank you for this trade. To be honest, I was more afraid of Devin Harris and to also know he was going to be around for a long time was worse. I really wish you guys would have gotten rid of Stackhouse because now we really dont have any answer for him with our midget guards.

Ason Kidd doesnt score and cant take over a game because he cant shoot.

The way our young talent is playing right is what has been key to this run. We should have been starting Scola a long time ago and Carl Landry is a beast on the boards. Those are basically two new additions that you guys didnt really get to see in the first three matchups. I also like the addition of Bobby Jackson along with his playoff experience and ability to guard the small guards.

I also believe that the acquisition of Shaq by Phoenix allows us to match up with them much better as well.
tmac1yao11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #20
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1yao11
I pretty much have the same sentiment as Parker of the Spurs, Thank you for this trade. To be honest, I was more afraid of Devin Harris and to also know he was going to be around for a long time was worse. I really wish you guys would have gotten rid of Stackhouse because now we really dont have any answer for him with our midget guards.

Ason Kidd doesnt score and cant take over a game because he cant shoot.

The way our young talent is playing right is what has been key to this run. We should have been starting Scola a long time ago and Carl Landry is a beast on the boards. Those are basically two new additions that you guys didnt really get to see in the first three matchups. I also like the addition of Bobby Jackson along with his playoff experience and ability to guard the small guards.

I also believe that the acquisition of Shaq by Phoenix allows us to match up with them much better as well.
Carl Landry isn't exactly going to strike fear into the hearts of Dallas/Phoenix/SA. And Scola certainly played in the 2 matchups in Houston this year. He didn't start, but he played. However, he was awful. I'm sure he's improved, but I'm going to withhold judgment until I actually see him play against Dallas again.

The Spurs like the trade because they have an elite, extremely fast PG. You guys have Rafer Alston. The addition of Kidd, frankly, destroys the only thing the Rockets did pretty damn well against the Mavs, and that's defending Dirk.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-23-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:20 PM   #21
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I knew this was coming, which is why I am going to say that Houston is a much better team than when the Mavs last played us. We have finally gotten into Ric Adelman's system. There is a TON of team chemistry now, and our rookies are playing very well for us.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:56 PM   #22
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Houston looks impressive. I knew if they ever went to Ming alot and Ming got agressive, they could become really good.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #23
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is missing something...
Old 02-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #24
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Here it is:

My contribution is done.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:42 PM   #25
LonghornDub

Quote:
I knew this was coming, which is why I am going to say that Houston is a much better team than when the Mavs last played us. We have finally gotten into Ric Adelman's system. There is a TON of team chemistry now, and our rookies are playing very well for us.
Some improvement was bound to occur from how awful they were playing earlier on. But I'm not buying this "meshing with the system" thing. I watched a lot of the game last night, and the Rockets looked like the same old Rockets with a few new faces. The difference was, T-Mac and Yao were healthy and T-Mac was really being aggressive.

That's not a system, that's just your stars stepping up. And unfortunately, nothing has changed in regard to T-Mac's health. He will probably be hurt at least one more time before the season's over.

Any time you win 11 in a row, it's impressive. But certainly you have to understand that, until last night, this 11 game win streak was about as unimpressive as an 11-game win streak can get in terms of the competition. I want to see what Houston does against LA, healthy SA, PHX, Dallas, and Utah before I make my judgment.

A lot of this has to do with my complete lack of faith in Adelman's skills. I grew up a Portland fan and Adelman is not the coach Rockets fans are (just recently) making him out to be.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-23-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #26
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

STOP STARTING A NEW THREAD FOR EVERY STUPID THOUGHT THAT ENTERS YOUR BRAIN

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-23-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #27
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

What starting PG in the west isn't better than Rafer Alston, really? Maybe Minnesota's (but I can't remember who that is at the moment... do they use Foye there? I'd take him over Skip).
Old 02-23-2008, 07:05 PM   #28
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
MavsX, what is up with the negative rep for this comment? We can't just agree to disagree? You have to give me a negative rep for it? Your comment was "suck it trebek". Very mature.

Quote:
Some improvement was bound to occur from how awful they were playing earlier on. But I'm not buying this "meshing with the system" thing. I watched a lot of the game last night, and the Rockets looked like the same old Rockets with a few new faces. The difference was, T-Mac and Yao were healthy and T-Mac was really being aggressive.
Same old Rockets? I don't think so. The Rockets are not the same old Rockets. T_Mac is finally healthy now (crossing my fingers and hope he doesn't break a nail). Scola isn't getting into foul trouble now, and Landry is finally getting some playing time (with points and rebounds to match).

I think what you are seeing is the JVG defense with the Adelman offense.

Quote:
That's not a system, that's just your stars stepping up. And unfortunately, nothing has changed in regard to T-Mac's health. He will probably be hurt at least one more time before the season's over.
Our stars are playing the same. It is the role players that have finally stepped up for us. The Rockets will never have only four players score in a playoff game ever again. Especially with this new and improved team.

Quote:
Any time you win 11 in a row, it's impressive. But certainly you have to understand that, until last night, this 11 game win streak was about as unimpressive as an 11-game win streak can get in terms of the competition. I want to see what Houston does against LA, healthy SA, PHX, Dallas, and Utah before I make my judgment.
True.

It would have been a 16-game winning streak, but guess who we lost to? Utah. In fact, the game against SA would have been the first W. Most of the teams Houston is playing are teams that won't make the playoffs. Only teams that may make the playoffs are Cleveland (easily), New Orleans, and possible Golden State. Houston has beaten every elite team in the west except for the Mavericks. That will hopefully come on March 6th at the AAC.

Quote:
A lot of this has to do with my complete lack of faith in Adelman's skills. I grew up a Portland fan and Adelman is not the coach Rockets fans are (just recently) making him out to be.
Most Rocket fans wanted to fire Adelman actually. I think this may be one of Adelman's best team. Fans (check Clutchfans.net) are still skeptical on him though. We aren't planning parades yet, but are VERY excited right now. Hoping to also extend that win streak to 12 tomorrow against the Bulls on ESPN.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #29
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I hope I'm never so insecure about the Mavericks that I need to go to other teams boards to make sure that they're getting the proper respect that I think they deserve.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:20 PM   #30
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I hope I'm never so insecure about the Mavericks that I need to go to other teams boards to make sure that they're getting the proper respect that I think they deserve.
What's wrong with belonging to other teams' message boards? There are some Maverick fans at Clutchfans, too, and fans of other NBA teams here.

I live in DFW, and like seeing other points of views.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #31
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
You just typed what we're all thinking.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #32
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
You just typed what I thinking.
Fixed.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 02-23-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #33
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

The person that brought up Houstons pg, this is the question mark and why they grabbed Bobby Jackson also for a back up. If i had a young Shaq or a Ming and i am coach, i throw the ball 90% to them everytime down. I make them shoot, layup or dunk, no questions. When you are as tall as the goal and have a touch like Ming, this is not hard to figure out.

McGrady is also so good as well. It has been a mystery why thgey are not winning titles but Ming had been soft and McGrady usually gets hurt. Maybe this coach knows Ming/McGrady is his meal ticket and making the players go to them. If they ever got a Nash, Parker, Kidd and even Harris and Cassell would have been good for another year or two, they would be so hard to beat. I have not watched them but it sounds like Ming is tougher, more agressive and demanding the ball.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:06 PM   #34
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
rafer alston seemed to do fine against chris paul last night.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:32 PM   #35
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm Fixed.
Fixed. Credit goes to the alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~~~
Rockets roll to 11th straight win, Who will stop them
When we again play them?~~~~

Last edited by bernardos70; 02-23-2008 at 09:32 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:37 PM   #36
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
The person that brought up Houstons pg, this is the question mark and why they grabbed Bobby Jackson also for a back up. If i had a young Shaq or a Ming and i am coach, i throw the ball 90% to them everytime down. I make them shoot, layup or dunk, no questions. When you are as tall as the goal and have a touch like Ming, this is not hard to figure out.

McGrady is also so good as well. It has been a mystery why thgey are not winning titles but Ming had been soft and McGrady usually gets hurt. Maybe this coach knows Ming/McGrady is his meal ticket and making the players go to them. If they ever got a Nash, Parker, Kidd and even Harris and Cassell would have been good for another year or two, they would be so hard to beat. I have not watched them but it sounds like Ming is tougher, more agressive and demanding the ball.
Thats what I would do if I was the Rockets coach, unfortunately JVG couldn't seem to grasp that concept. And if I was the Rockts GM i'd be all over trying to trade Mcgrady (winning streak or not...). I mean, if they don't make it out of the first round this year how much more proof do you need that God just hates him? It would be sad if it wasn't so damn funny.

But still, Houstens pg position is one of the weakest in a stacked conference and I don't think they will get far until they upgrade that area. I'm sure Housten fans themselves will tell you that they found out several crappy point guards does not equal a good one. I'm not sure how good Jackson is at this point in his career but I doubt he can possibly be more useless than Mike James. At least they made a nice effort there.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #37
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Mike James=garbage. Even in garbage time the man was garbage.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:04 AM   #38
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

horse opens 111th straight thread with nothing in it. who will stop him?
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:05 AM   #39
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

No one will stop them...They won't lose another game. If they do, they suck and have no heart.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:21 AM   #40
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel
horse opens 111th straight thread with nothing in it. who will stop him?

Repped