Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

View Poll Results: Who/What will you be cheering for?
Lakers 34 33.01%
Celtics 30 29.13%
Just a seven game series 15 14.56%
Not even going to watch 24 23.30%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2008, 10:22 PM   #1
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all
Default Lakers or Celtics?

Or shallt you be rooting for?

Laker fans are arrogant, annoying pests, while anyone from New England smells like beans. Who deserves Dallas love?
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2008, 10:24 PM   #2
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want KG to get a ring.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:25 PM   #3
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I don't want KG to get a ring.
I don't want Kobe to get a Shaqless ring.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:38 PM   #4
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

I want Dirk to get a ring...

But, I think the Lakers win this...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:42 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Celtics. I don't want the lakers or anyone to so obviously cheat by the collusion that was the gasol trade.

At least boston got theirs honestly.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:48 PM   #6
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I want the Lakers to win, and here's why: If KG wins a ring Espn will ride his nutsack for the next year, the media will praise the celtics which will annoy me, Celtic fans are so annoying(So are Laker fans), There will be segments about how Kg's "intensity" got him to the top, the media will say Kg >> Dirk which is an absolute lie and worst of all how can Kendrick Perkins and Brian scalabrine get a ring before Dirk?!

But imo the Celtics will win this series, their defense is outstanding. The lakers have the talent to win but I just think the Celtics D is too good, I hope im wrong though.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #7
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Lakers.

Posey is a key for the Celts. He needs to be a Bruce Bowen and he is capable. In the end, Kobe is great. Gasol was maybe the biggest steal in the NBA. He plays Garentt tough. Then Odom is good. Rondo must punish Fisher by driving the ball down his throat but in the end, Phil Jackson is great. Kobe is great. Gasol and Odom are solid. I like the Lakers. The Lakers drive the ball better to get easy baskets but Rondo can and he needs to because Garnett, Pierce and Allen need some paint points. Who scores the most paint points between the two teams will win the title. I feel the Lakers will do this.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:04 PM   #8
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I am so defeated by this series.

I will let you know when I start watching the game. Sometimes my gut lets me know who I really hate more as the game goes on.

I can't decide right now.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:21 PM   #9
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I am so defeated by this series.

I will let you know when I start watching the game. Sometimes my gut lets me know who I really hate more as the game goes on.

I can't decide right now.
F the nba...

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:28 PM   #10
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Celtics. I don't want the lakers or anyone to so obviously cheat by the collusion that was the gasol trade.

At least boston got theirs honestly.
McHale-Ainge wasn't collusion?
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:28 PM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

What's next? The Knicks in the Eastern Conference Finals next year?

Contact Me
Old 05-30-2008, 11:40 PM   #12
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Celtics have better defense so they should win.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:40 PM   #13
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I choose a kick in the nutsack.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:50 PM   #14
alby
Guru

If Posey does this to Kobe in game 1, then I'll watch this crookedness of a series.

Contact Me
Old 05-30-2008, 11:56 PM   #15
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be watching and rooting for the Celtics.

I'd like to see the Lakers taken down a peg.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:00 AM   #16
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Part of me thinks it would be such a travesty if the East won the title this year.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:06 AM   #17
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Part of me thinks it would be such a travesty if the East won the title this year.
Why? The Celtics are basically a bunch of old guys that are tagging along for one last chance for a ring. If they win, half the team will retire.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:12 AM   #18
alby
Guru

Does the entire Memphis organization get rings if the Lakers win? was that part of the deal?
How about Kevin Mchale?

We need Ro Blackman to join another team, work with them for a couple years, then have the Mavericks steal their players.

Sheesh, I'm a bitter bitter man.

Contact Me
Old 05-31-2008, 12:15 AM   #19
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I cheer for this man:

That way, I always win.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 05-31-2008 at 12:16 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:47 AM   #20
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

My conspiracy theory fears grow. The Celtics are terrible, then they magically sign two huge superstars and build this monster team. Then the Grizzlies literally give away one of the premier big men in the league to the Lakers, Pau Gasol. For what? Kwame Brown? Then the referees at times were clearly giving calls at an out of control rate to whoever the home team was.

Of course the Lakers and Celtics were the two teams with home court advantage throughout. I don't know, the NBA just felt odd this year. It's not about the Rockets, because they got the home court calls too. I just can't help but question. The Spurs/Cavs finals last year was the lowest rated POS series ever and it makes financial sense that the NBA would want to have the Lakers and Celtics, the greatest rivalry in NBA history. What better way to get their ratings back up? Both teams were crap last year and unbalanced trades all the sudden turn them into dream teams. Maybe I'm too cynical...
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:48 AM   #21
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know who will win, but I do know who has already lost. The REAL nba fan.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:49 AM   #22
seagullstalker35

seagullstalker35 has a spectacular aura aboutseagullstalker35 has a spectacular aura aboutseagullstalker35 has a spectacular aura about

lakers.

kobe is on another level right now. his supporting cast has been great. plus phil jackson will run circles around doc rivers in the coaching department. almost to the degree riley worked over avery a couple years ago. its not gonna be pretty for the celts IMHO. best player + best coach + better supporting cast = lakers champs. book it. im callin it.
seagullstalker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 01:11 AM   #23
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If you conspiracy theorists could get over your paranoia, you just might appreciate what we are getting ready to experience. The Lakers and the Celtics, baby! If you were a fan of the NBA in its heyday of the 80's (or know something about its history if you were too young then to be a fan), you know the significance of that matchup. I mean, this is like a Cowboys-Steelers Super Bowl. This is one of those rare moments in sports when the stars align. You should be enjoying this!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 01:17 AM   #24
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
If you conspiracy theorists could get over your paranoia, you just might appreciate what we are getting ready to experience. The Lakers and the Celtics, baby! If you were a fan of the NBA in its heyday of the 80's (or know something about its history if you were too young then to be a fan), you know the significance of that matchup. I mean, this is like a Cowboys-Steelers Super Bowl. This is one of those rare moments in sports when the stars align. You should be enjoying this!
yeah! it's like Hulk Hogan v. Roddy Piper all over again! Who cares if the stars had help aligning! oh yeah. I do.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 01:34 AM   #25
alby
Guru

Do you think Stern has bigger plans than being commish of the NBA? The guy has tyrant leader written all over him.

Contact Me
Old 05-31-2008, 01:36 AM   #26
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

It's like an end to hope.

No one else can win a damn title in the league. The Spurs got in on the action, but you can bet the Bulls and Knicks will be back in the mix. Lakers...Cletics...maybe Houston will be back?

When are the Wizards and Mavericks and Suns and Jazz of the world going to get a shot at this thing? You think Orlando is still feeling good about their chances any time soon? I feel like we have no hope now. The time for the little guys came and went. There was hope, and Miami alone seized the day. And now the Celtics and Lakers might even be in the Finals the next few years. Those teams look solid.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:48 AM   #27
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

u
Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
I want the Lakers to win, and here's why: If KG wins a ring Espn will ride his nutsack for the next year, the media will praise the celtics which will annoy me, Celtic fans are so annoying(So are Laker fans), There will be segments about how Kg's "intensity" got him to the top, the media will say Kg >> Dirk which is an absolute lie and worst of all how can Kendrick Perkins and Brian scalabrine get a ring before Dirk?!

But imo the Celtics will win this series, their defense is outstanding. The lakers have the talent to win but I just think the Celtics D is too good, I hope im wrong though.
The media will think that regardless, unfortunately.

AS for Perkins and Scalabrine lol, how can anyone on the Lakers outside of Kobe/Fisher get THEIR ring before Dirk? both scenarios are vexing.

I'm rooting for the Celtics because the Lakers scare me and historical trends indicate that teams that are runner-up in the finals have a tough time making it back the year after. That would comfort me about the Mavs chances next year, even if it is a little foolish

I view the Celtics as the lesser of two evils as well.

Quite vexing the Pistons didn't make the Finals. That's a team I would gladly cheer for against the Drama Queen.

I will watch this Finals, reluctantly!

Last edited by ghazi; 05-31-2008 at 02:49 AM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:08 AM   #28
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It's like an end to hope.

No one else can win a damn title in the league. The Spurs got in on the action, but you can bet the Bulls and Knicks will be back in the mix. Lakers...Cletics...maybe Houston will be back?

When are the Wizards and Mavericks and Suns and Jazz of the world going to get a shot at this thing? You think Orlando is still feeling good about their chances any time soon? I feel like we have no hope now. The time for the little guys came and went. There was hope, and Miami alone seized the day. And now the Celtics and Lakers might even be in the Finals the next few years. Those teams look solid.
Hmm...I like the way you think . A Houston-Boston Finals would go back to the old Houston-Boston Finals (with Larry Bird going against Hakeem and one before that when he went against Moses Malone and company).

Backfire in 3...2...1...

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 05-31-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:32 AM   #29
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Y-A-W-N

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:46 AM   #30
alby
Guru

Hate to admit this but if KG does get a ring, he deserves to be put ahead of Dirk. Sorry guys.

Contact Me
Old 05-31-2008, 04:48 AM   #31
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Hate to admit this but if KG does get a ring, he deserves to be put ahead of Dirk. Sorry guys.
What if the Celtics get up 2-0 in the series, then the Lakers win the next four?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:50 AM   #32
alby
Guru

Then Dirk will still be ahead by a hair.

Contact Me
Old 05-31-2008, 04:51 AM   #33
alby
Guru

2-3-2 format sucks

Contact Me
Old 05-31-2008, 07:00 AM   #34
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
If Posey does this to Kobe in game 1, then I'll watch this crookedness of a series.
If Posey did that, then Posey would be suspended and Kobe would keep playing.

No, I think that it will take a much bigger shot to put Kobe down.

And, really, I'm not in favor of blending Hockey and Basketball.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:08 AM   #35
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
2-3-2 format sucks
Yeah, why do they change it for the Finals? I think the 2-2-1-1-1 is a lot better.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:12 AM   #36
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I wonder if the Mavs win 2 years ago if it was 2-2-1-1-1. Regardlesss, it was a rigged Finals anyway.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:17 AM   #37
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
yeah! it's like Hulk Hogan v. Roddy Piper all over again! Who cares if the stars had help aligning! oh yeah. I do.
At least in wrestling, everybody knows and ADMITS that Hogan and Piper (or Flair and Rhodes, etc.) will end up wrestling for the title. We all knew that the promoters were going to make that happen.

The big difference between the NBA and the WWE is that Vince McMahon is honest.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:42 AM   #38
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
At least in wrestling, everybody knows and ADMITS that Hogan and Piper (or Flair and Rhodes, etc.) will end up wrestling for the title. We all knew that the promoters were going to make that happen.

The big difference between the NBA and the WWE is that Vince McMahon is honest.
I'm not only a fan of the Mavericks, but also of the Von Erichs.

Life sucks.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:11 AM   #39
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

I got more to say about this conspiracy thing. This HAS to be the biggest slime ball league of all sports got their wish. This match up has been planned since Boston acquired Garnet. Call me a conspiracy theorist all you want, but before you do...consider this.

1)Jerry West and the Memphis Grizzlies gaze up Pau Gasol for NOTHING.

2)Joey Crawford, a KNOWN Spurs hater, called a clearly one sided game in game 4 including NOT calling a foul on Derek Fisher on the last play.

3)Jerry West, an employee of the damn Grizzlies, presents the Western Conference Championship trophy at center court sobbing with a smile ear to ear. You can almost hear him say "mission accomplished". And yes, I know he's a Laker great, but he still works for the team that made it possible for the Lakers to be where they are now.

Call me a hater. Call me a conspiracy theorist. I call the NBA a league with slime ball tactics lower than pond scum. David Stern from year one, when he rigged the draft so the Knicks could get Patrick Ewing, has been on a mission to make damn sure this league is a profitable one even if it means compromising the integrity of the league and all of sports.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:18 AM   #40
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Lakers all the way!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote