Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-01-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Sky is NOT falling.

I know everything looks bleak now and there seems to be many reasons to doubt our beloved mavs but we all need to just chill out and realize that the mavs are STILL 54 and 19. Every single one of us would have been happy to be that at the begining of the year. We are still imo the most dangerous team in the nba when healthy. Yes there is a danger that we wont get fully healthy but everything does point to everyone being healthy. Also unlike the suns we have played games at full strength this year which does make re integrating the injured players much much simpler. The coaching staff and the players already know how the guys fit together when everyone is healthy which is alot better than trying to put together a team that hasnt been healthy all season.

The reasons that we had to be optimistic a month ago are still there they are just harder to see. Dirk is still playing out of his mind. Jason terry is still as clutch a shooter as there is in the nba. Our center combo is still vastly improved over what it used to be. Josh howard has still become a very good nba player. Devin harris is still unguardable(when he is on the court). We are still deep. I know we have seemed very mortal recently but so are the spurs and i firmly believe we are the team to take them down. Duncan is still hobbling. So is manu. Just remember that the bad times only make you appreciate the good times more. Remembering how we felt now will make it so much sweeter when we see dirk and co holding the trophy.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2006, 08:03 PM   #2
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Sing it preacher!!
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I think we would all know if they sky fell. We would all be dead.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:06 PM   #4
Pj5

Pj5 will become famous soon enough

I agree. The Mavs will break out of this slump that they're in sooner or later. I'm happy to hear that JT recognizes that he was one of the reasons why they've been slumping lately. Stack and JT are liabilities on the defensive end so they're gonna have to work harder.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:14 PM   #5
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

i know you hear it all the time but this definitely has the potential to make or break the team

they can definitely gut it out and succeed after getting beaten down, which is what i think will happen
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:27 PM   #6
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

lets get back to work and start beating A$$
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:37 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...from dallasbasketball.com.

http://p073.ezboard.com/fdallasbaske...ID=20011.topic

Quote:
For the month of March

Record...........Man Games Lost

11-5 Pistons : Zero
12-4 Spurs : Two
9-8 Mavs : Fifty-one
Ouch.....
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:03 PM   #8
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

HOLY CRAP

i laughed out loud when i read that

everyone calm down, we'll be fine i think
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #9
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

You know what else? If the Nuggets beat the Mavs tomorrow, it's still not the end of the world. I don't expect that to be the sentiment of the board at all though, if that happens.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:22 PM   #10
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

I might be in the minority, But since we can't catch the Spurs, I don't mind this miny slump. It might help all the injured Mavs have an easier time gelling, because we're not already on a roll.
And plus, we went into the playoffs red hot last year, and it didn't help much.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:28 AM   #11
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Poor mavericks. I am gloomy.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 02:21 AM   #12
EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura aboutEastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura about

As long as they get healthy and get on a roll going into the playoffs all will be well.

But if they go into the playoffs playing at the level of mediocrity they are right now, the Mavs will be in piss poor shape.
EastDallasCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:40 AM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastDallasCowboy
As long as they get healthy and get on a roll going into the playoffs all will be well.

But if they go into the playoffs playing at the level of mediocrity they are right now, the Mavs will be in piss poor shape.
That sir is a FACT.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:52 AM   #14
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The sky may not be falling.

But something definitely hit me on the head the other day......and it didn't feel too good..

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 04-02-2006 at 09:52 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #15
stick

stick is infamous around these partsstick is infamous around these parts

I don't know if the sky is falling,but our Jet is failling to fly'
stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 03:42 PM   #16
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I never thought the sky was falling, but it is damn disappointing to be neck and neck with the Spurs for the whole season, only to have this shit happen and be locked into the 4th seed. You know, the last time the Mavericks won their division was in 1987, the year I was born.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote