Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2001, 08:54 AM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I trashed everything I had already done for the site and started all over again. Don't get mad because I really didn't have THAT much done anyway.

Friday (4PM-9PM, 11PM-1AM)
Started work on a template for the stat history "database", which includes every stat for every player to suit up for the Mavs.

Saturday
Went back to sitting on my butt. Also went to the Mavs/Rockets game.

Sunday (3PM-9:30PM, 11:30PM-3:30PM)
Started work on a brand new graphic layout from scratch (meaning, an 8.5x11 blank document in Photoshop). Had a hard time falling asleep because I REALLY wanted to keep working on the site. However I knew I wouldn't be able to get my ass up for my 8AM class if I did.

What's left?
- Finish up graphic layout.
- Create cover page graphics (gotta make it extra purty)
- Slice up the images and code it up in HTML, DHTML, and JavaScript [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
- Integrate stats template into site design.
- Input team data from every Mavs roster.
- Input data into other sections (ie, schedule, standings, etc.).
- Publish the site online.

But that's not all:
- Once the site is online, I'll begin work on the player database, with individual pages for every Mav player in history, featuring career and yearly stats.
- A more functional chat room will be added.
- Free e-mail accounts (@dallas-mavs.com) will be available.

Features I'm planning to add:
- Real-time instant messaging (similar to AOL Instant Messenger) will be an added feature to the board.
- In Summer 2001, everything will become database-driven, thereby making things faster and easier to update.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote