Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-13-2015, 09:08 PM   #1
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future
Default Karl Malone: When Mavericks didn't draft me, my feelings were hurt for next 10 years

Click here for an article showing some of the highlights from 105.3 The Fan's interview with NBA Hall of Famer Karl Malone.

I wonder how many other NBA greats wanted to be here in Dallas. I love that it took 10 years for Malone to get over it.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:11 PM   #2
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck Karl Malone. Pedophile, rapist, child-abandoning loser.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:19 PM   #3
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I had no idea that he statutory raped and impregnated a 13 year old while he was a sophomore in college. That is really sick. I have no sympathy for him now. And he didn't even pay child support. Shame on him.

What's up with NBA all-time top scorers being rapists? Karl at #2 and Kobe at #3 are both rapists. At least Kareem is an all around class act.

Edit: I am glad that Demetress Bell at least grew up to successfully be drafted into the NFL. It seems that he is a far better man than his biological father.

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 02-13-2015 at 09:27 PM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:50 AM   #4
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
At least Kareem is an all around class act.
Wasn't Kareem the one who when asked about Dirk being an all time great and the whole one legged fade subject, referred to Dirk as "an all star for sure" instead of future HOF'er? Then went on to say he is a waste because he never learned defense? Pretty sure he is also the one who when Jordan's name gets mentioned in his air space he is quick to say Jordan is not the GOAT, and not so subtly refers to the players in his era and obviously himself. All of it rubs me the wrong way but I also just never liked Kareem so I'm biased.

As for Malone-
"mailman don't deliver on Sundays."
- Scottie Pippen
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:06 AM   #5
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
It's amazing how what he did really didn't seem to tarnish his reputation despite its severity. For a 20 old to impregnate a 13 year old? There are no words for that.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:22 AM   #6
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Wasn't Kareem the one who when asked about Dirk being an all time great and the whole one legged fade subject, referred to Dirk as "an all star for sure" instead of future HOF'er? Then went on to say he is a waste because he never learned defense? Pretty sure he is also the one who when Jordan's name gets mentioned in his air space he is quick to say Jordan is not the GOAT, and not so subtly refers to the players in his era and obviously himself. All of it rubs me the wrong way but I also just never liked Kareem so I'm biased.

As for Malone-
"mailman don't deliver on Sundays."
- Scottie Pippen
While I disagree with his take on Dirk, if I was starting a team from scratch, I'd start with Kareem and then add Magic before I ever got to MJ. Jordan did all the things Dr J brought to the game, and did them better. But Kareem and Magic did things no one had ever seen on the court before. The sky hook was unstoppable, and Kareem's D was outstanding. Magic at 6'9" handled the rock better than anyone before or since. There is a reason no one ever duplicated the Showtime offense. There was only one Magic. Without these 2, the Mavs would have at least 2 more banners in the rafters. I hate them both for that, but I have to respect their game.

However, this thread is about Malone and I just hate him on principle. He was enough of a thug on the court that I don't have to think about sex with minors to hate him. One of the best times ever was to be in Reunion the first time the Mavs beat them in the playoffs. The place was so loud, next game I brought earplugs and it was still loud. Reunion Rowdies indeed. We crushed them in the 5 game series, winning the last in Utah. Next to sweeping the Lakers and winning the championship, and maybe that 7 game series against SA, it was my sweetest Mavs memory. We still should have drafted him, though.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:11 AM   #7
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Dirk having a ring and Malone not having a ring is so satisfying.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:11 AM   #8
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
This.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:08 PM   #9
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Wasn't Kareem the one who when asked about Then went on to say he is a waste because he never learned defense?
IMHO Kareem is the greatest of all-time followed by Magic Johnson and Hakeem Olajuwon. I agree with Kareem when it comes to Dirk's lack of defense. It is a shame.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:07 AM   #10
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Dirk's "lack of defense" is BS.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:36 PM   #11
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
IMHO Kareem is the greatest of all-time followed by Magic Johnson and Hakeem Olajuwon. I agree with Kareem when it comes to Dirk's lack of defense. It is a shame.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...larry-bird.ece

While I've never been one to compare Dirk to Larry Legend the absolute last way anyone should ever describe dirk is a "volume shooter". It was that in conjunction with the article he wrote himself for espn in 2012 about how players need to go to college and of all the players in existence to choose from to make his example he chose Dirk and said he was a "waste of talent". The guy who changed basketball the most this generation by being the original stretch 4 is a waste of talent because he didn't go to college, where he may have been told to play a more traditional role and may or may not have had slightly better defensive tendencies. His rebounding is fine for a guy who shoots so far away from the rim, he doesn't get those put back rebounds others get on offense, of course Kareem said he would be a better rebounder and defender if he went to college.

I don't want to derail a topic too much sorry for the extensive Kareem derail but, I just dislike him so it's fitting for me to see him in Malone thread. I'm fairly certain if Dirk walked up to Kareem and shook his hand Kareem would have no clue who he was seeing as how he clearly has never seen Dirk play if the best way to describe him comes to mind as volume shooter and streaky. Pretty much the opposite of efficient and consistent.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:02 PM   #12
bilease

bilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...larry-bird.ece

While I've never been one to compare Dirk to Larry Legend the absolute last way anyone should ever describe dirk is a "volume shooter". It was that in conjunction with the article he wrote himself for espn in 2012 about how players need to go to college and of all the players in existence to choose from to make his example he chose Dirk and said he was a "waste of talent". The guy who changed basketball the most this generation by being the original stretch 4 is a waste of talent because he didn't go to college, where he may have been told to play a more traditional role and may or may not have had slightly better defensive tendencies. His rebounding is fine for a guy who shoots so far away from the rim, he doesn't get those put back rebounds others get on offense, of course Kareem said he would be a better rebounder and defender if he went to college.

I don't want to derail a topic too much sorry for the extensive Kareem derail but, I just dislike him so it's fitting for me to see him in Malone thread. I'm fairly certain if Dirk walked up to Kareem and shook his hand Kareem would have no clue who he was seeing as how he clearly has never seen Dirk play if the best way to describe him comes to mind as volume shooter and streaky. Pretty much the opposite of efficient and consistent.
I got pretty used to most people disrespecting Dirk. It kinda changed in 2011 but is still there, just like Skip Bayless saying hes not a hall of fame player last summer. Sometimes even though people are expected to know what they're talking about, they obviously dont. Two good examples right here.

http://mavsfansforlife.com/2014/06/1...hall-of-famer/

offtopic: Kinda annoying that Dallasnews.com constantly blocks out non American users, always have to use a proxy to access it...
bilease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #13
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Kareem has a legit argument for being the goat. He's also wrong.

Dirk at his peak was a good defender. He's terrible now because he's 106 years old but at his peak he was at least as good defensively as aldridge is now.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:27 PM   #14
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

I remember when Malone threw an intentional elbow into Nash's face. What a bastard.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:45 PM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
I remember when Malone threw an intentional elbow into Nash's face. What a bastard.
He's done worse - just ask Duncan...

Or Rodman...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:58 PM   #16
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
He's done worse - just ask Duncan...

Or Rodman...

I felt the need to check this out on Youtube. I was surprisingly entertained. Then I saw a video with Shaq challenging The Big Show. What a shame it is that they didn't have a match at Wrestlemania XXVIII.