Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-06-2022, 03:30 PM   #1
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I just read that if the Mavs are going to give Wood and extension then it has to be no later than December 24th...

I think they should seriously consider trading him as I am skeptical he will re-sign.

My gut tells me they will not trade him or give him and extension. In the end, he will not re-sign and we will have a Brunson situation all over again. If that happens, then Cuban should fire himself.

https://thesmokingcuban.com/posts/da...center-upgrade
Old 12-06-2022, 05:57 PM   #2
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I just read that if the Mavs are going to give Wood and extension then it has to be no later than December 24th...

I think they should seriously consider trading him as I am skeptical he will re-sign.

My gut tells me they will not trade him or give him and extension. In the end, he will not re-sign and we will have a Brunson situation all over again. If that happens, then Cuban should fire himself.

Yeah he's gone. I would be shocked if he's still a Mav next season.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 06:48 PM   #3
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The only thing that might keep Wood is the public perception that FO is a bunch of monkeys pulling levers. Pressure might be to keep him, especially when Luka likes playing with him.

But outside of that, no reason to believe he'd be here next year.
Old 12-06-2022, 11:26 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think the article is incorrect. There isn't an extension DEADLINE. It is actually the STARTING date for a new contract.

Right now we are within the 6 month window since the trade and can only offer him a max extension of 2 years $35,220,949 (3 years max - remainder of this year and 2 additional years).

But Dallas can offer a 4 year $76,970,660 contract extension beginning on Dec 24th.

So if Wood doesn't sign a new deal with Dallas by January then there is a good chance we lose him.

+++

https://cbabreakdown.com/trades#:~:t...%20transaction.

A team may extend and trade a player within these rules. An extension-and-trade is allowed if (i) the contract covers no more than 3 seasons (including any years remaining in the original contract), (ii) the salary in the first year of the extended term is no more than 105% of the salary in the last year of the original term, and (iii) the annual salary increases are no more than 5% of the salary in the first season covered by the extended term.

To prevent teams from getting around these limitations, teams cannot trade any player that signs an extension covering more than 3 seasons, a higher salary, or with larger annual increases for the next 6 months.

Similarly, if a team receives a player in a trade, then for the next 6 months following that trade the team cannot sign the player to an extension that would violate the limitations for an extension-and-trade transaction.

Last edited by MFFL; 12-06-2022 at 11:28 PM.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 10:45 AM   #5
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Oh boy they def arent going to offer that kind of money to Wood...

I think 14m is a good number personally. Still need some type of center, and Powell isnt getting any younger or taller