Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-15-2008, 02:01 AM   #241
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
A fan is short for fanatical, they're going to do some things you might consider absurd, that's just the nature of the beast. They made a decision and they stuck to it. People are going to be rude and heckle, and they have the right to...it happens.

You don't know me, so don't assume what I'm going to do when 'x' happens.
Like, I said..There is no reason for a home-team crowd to boo your Superstars. PERIOD. Call it fanatical or whatever, it was wrong...I tried to give the fans a fanatical excuse, but I remember that the fanaticals dont do this equally with other Cowboys Superstars before or during a game....
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2008, 02:04 AM   #242
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

"That's my receiver man. *sniff sniff* That's my receiver." -Silk

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:05 AM   #243
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
It was a bad reason to boo, but you can't blame 'em.

All those newbs booed because they were fooled by Ed Werder.
Is Ed based in the East near New York? I am starting to think this was blown out to the media in order to divide the Cowboys n2 losing tonight. There were alot more than just newbs booing out there. It was personal and based off of off-field stuff. Fans brought off-field hear-say into the Cowboys stadium. Now, we have fans and players divided. Thats not good for the mental state for players. Players are human so it has to have some effect, when you are at home and getting this type of treatment.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:06 AM   #244
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Only issue is the one you make. Now continue to find a negative way to spin this. I see you had your excuses ready just in case Romo faltered again. I put the excuses in bold just in case you wanted to see if I saw them.

Now finish twisting my post to find a way to make it negative. Cowboys won tonight, and T.O, Garrett, Whitten, Romo, Phillips and the Cowboy defense contributed to the win..
Why do I need excuses when he played well?

This is the second time you've avoided my initial question: what would he have had to do for you to call it an outstanding game? The passer rating shows his efficiency, the raw numbers show his production and if you watched the game you saw that he was under fire and didn't have a running game. Surely you don't deny that.

My point is this: you said Tony Romo didn't play big in big games. This was a huge game and he played big. Now you'll switch it to he doesn't play big in ALL big games or he hasn't won a playoff game.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:08 AM   #245
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
"That's my receiver man. *sniff sniff* That's my receiver." -Silk
Haha

If you want to look at it from the game perspective, if he says stuff like Give me the ball, I need the ball...and the first pass you get and you're open and you drop it, I'd say that's pretty frustrating to a fan. I guess he's allowed to make mistakes though.

And pregame...they made their decision there and they cheered later when he made plays, fans are fickle, get over it.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:09 AM   #246
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is Ed based in the East near New York? I am starting to think this was blown out to the media in order to divide the Cowboys n2 losing tonight. There were alot more than just newbs booing out there. It was personal and based off of off-field stuff. Fans brought off-field hear-say into the Cowboys stadium. Now, we have fans and players divided. Thats not good for the mental state for players. Players are human so it has to have some effect, when you are at home and getting this type of treatment.
Ed has been based out of Dallas most of the time since the early 90s...

NEXT!
Old 12-15-2008, 02:11 AM   #247
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
Why do I need excuses when he played well?

This is the second time you've avoided my initial question: what would he have had to do for you to call it an outstanding game? The passer rating shows his efficiency, the raw numbers show his production and if you watched the game you saw that he was under fire and didn't have a running game. Surely you don't deny that.

My point is this: you said Tony Romo didn't play big in big games. This was a huge game and he played big. Now you'll switch it to he doesn't play big in ALL big games or he hasn't won a playoff game.
Learn to read, I have said many times, that Romo does NOT need to have an outstanding game in order for the Cowboys to win, just learn to manage the game better in the crunch. PERIOD.

Stop playing with words, so I guess Romo is now a "Big Game"QB and the monkey is off his back because he had a good game and they won today? Is that the case? If so, based off of what are you saying this?

Question for you:
Does T.O. have to play big for the Cowboys in order for us to make noise in the playoffs? Is T.O. the best receive we have? Is T.O. a game breaker and our big play receiver?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:12 AM   #248
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

exactly. who cares? Cowboys won. 9-5 baby.

Sure, the media blows crap out of proportion, but so do fans. Just dust it off your shoulders.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:12 AM   #249
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Doesn't matter where Ed is based. He's national on ESPN.

His story spread like wildfire. People that believed it were newbs...and they were probably the ones that booed also.

Anywyas, I doubt anybody will boo TO next week. Especially after the Three Amigos have sorted everything out...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/25706091#28229053

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:15 AM   #250
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Haha

If you want to look at it from the game perspective, if he says stuff like Give me the ball, I need the ball...and the first pass you get and you're open and you drop it, I'd say that's pretty frustrating to a fan. I guess he's allowed to make mistakes though.

And pregame...they made their decision there and they cheered later when he made plays, fans are fickle, get over it.
Thats what I said, they are CLASSLESS...
Now, you get over it....I am a fan as well, so you get over it, because I am fickle and I will go off and call players mental midgets and chokers..Now, find a way to wiggle out of that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your best weapon to respond is to go to name calling..
Old 12-15-2008, 02:17 AM   #251
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Thats what I said, they are CLASSLESS...
Now, you get over it....I am a fan as well, so you get over it, because I am fickle and I will go off and call players mental midgets and chokers..Now, find a way to wiggle out of that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your best weapon to respond is to go to name calling..
As long as you called yourself fickle, I'm fine with it.
It's your opinion, you're entitled to it...but I don't have to agree with it, and that's the case here.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:21 AM   #252
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
As long as you called yourself fickle, I'm fine with it.
It's your opinion, you're entitled to it...but I don't have to agree with it, and that's the case here.
The case here is that in your eyes fans are fickle because they choose to boo T.O. before and during the game, and if fans attack Romo after a game they are not fickle and you have to agree with it to accept it? Make your mind up. Fans can be anyway, even on the Mavs message board. Decide if you want to stick with fans are fickle or that you are fickle and just agree to someone being only fickle according to how you agree with them..
Old 12-15-2008, 02:25 AM   #253
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Learn to read, I have said many times, that Romo does NOT need to have an outstanding game in order for the Cowboys to win, just learn to manage the game better in the crunch. PERIOD.
What's that have to do with the fact that he did play outstanding tonight?

Quote:
Stop playing with words, so I guess Romo is now a "Big Game"QB and the monkey is off his back because he had a good game and they won today? Is that the case? If so, based off of what are you saying this?
No. I'm just pointing out how impulsive it make absolute statements. Like I told you last week, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Personally I don't think there is a monkey on his back.

Quote:
Question for you:
Does T.O. have to play big for the Cowboys in order for us to make noise in the playoffs? Is T.O. the best receive we have? Is T.O. a game breaker and our big play receiver?
TO having big games would certainly improve out chances of being successful in the playoffs. Yes and yes.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:31 AM   #254
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
What's that have to do with the fact that he did play outstanding tonight?

No. I'm just pointing out how impulsive it make absolute statements. Like I told you last week, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Personally I don't think there is a monkey on his back.

TO having big games would certainly improve out chances of being successful in the playoffs. Yes and yes.
My point was that he does not have to put up monster stats to have a good game. Thats why I said, once Romo finds a way to manage the game better, his stats will more than likely go down, while wins go up in the big games.

I really like his stats tonight. That was a great managed game, but he did not have monster stats that he is known for, BUT he did what he needed to do to win, plus did not turn over the ball and give extra pts or ball control to the Giants. This was a great game for Romo...I would rather see this type of game from Romo, then 400yds, 4TD, 2INT type games.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:37 AM   #255
BGMaverick9
Guru

I don't get how anything I said can be a confusing statement or make me wishy washy, maybe it was the way I phrased it...

Fans booed TO, they are allowed to do that. Fans can boo at Romo, they are allowed to do that. That doesn't make them classless, that makes them fans. They cheer, boo, heckle, cry, whatever...it's what
they do. What you're doing is totally fine b/c you're a fan, you're allowed to express your feelings and emotions any way you see fit. I think you want the Cowboys to succeed, I'm pretty sure of that. You don't like what Romo does in situations, that's fine. Do I agree with the points you're making...not really no, and that's perfectly ok. That's the beauty in it all.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:38 AM   #256
dirno2000
Diamond Member

I was looking at some sack numbers and came across something interesting (at least to me): The Giants O-line, considered by many to be the best in the game, has given up 23 sacks this year. 12 have come against the Cowboys.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:38 AM   #257
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My point was that he does not have to put up monster stats to have a good game. Thats why I said, once Romo finds a way to manage the game better, his stats will more than likely go down, while wins go up in the big games.

I really like his stats tonight. That was a great managed game, but he did not have monster stats that he is known for, BUT he did what he needed to do to win, plus did not turn over the ball and give extra pts or ball control to the Giants. This was a great game for Romo...I would rather see this type of game from Romo, then 400yds, 4TD, 2INT type games.
It's one thing to ask him to manage the game when the defense is playing lights out.

It's another thing to ask him to manage a game when the defense is a sieve.

Those 400 yard games, 4 TD, 2 INt games were kind of a necessity last year. If Romo didn't put up huge amounts of points last year, the Cowboys simply weren't going to win. That's why the play of the defense these last six weeks is such a huge deal. If they can keep up this level of play, then Romo doesn't have to be so risky.

But I don't think it's wise to want Romo to be a game manager at all times. Sometimes you have to be a bit of gunslinger. It really depends on the situation.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:40 AM   #258
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wonder where Silk is...
Dammit BGMaverick9!!!~~~

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:42 AM   #259
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
I don't get how anything I said can be a confusing statement or make me wishy washy, maybe it was the way I phrased it...

Fans booed TO, they are allowed to do that. Fans can boo at Romo, they are allowed to do that. That doesn't make them classless, that makes them fans. They cheer, boo, heckle, cry, whatever...it's what
they do. What you're doing is totally fine b/c you're a fan, you're allowed to express your feelings and emotions any way you see fit. I think you want the Cowboys to succeed, I'm pretty sure of that. You don't like what Romo does in situations, that's fine. Do I agree with the points you're making...not really no, and that's perfectly ok. That's the beauty in it all.
I agree for the most part, but I am not a fan of home fans booing individual players b4 or during a game. I call that classless. The only reason they booed T.O. was from off the field mess that the media cooked up. My point is that even if I agreed that booing was fine, then at least make it from on the field stuff, and not only that, not because of one dropped pass. In that case, boo because of passes severaly overthrown to wide open receivers, boo because of INT thrown for TD, boo because of missed tackles that allow a score. Boo because of a getting all those false start penalties. Make it about the play, and not because of drame from off the field. IMO...
Old 12-15-2008, 02:43 AM   #260
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Dammit BGMaverick9!!!~~~
My bad...he was coming either way...

_____ ______ ______ _____ <----- have at it

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-15-2008 at 02:44 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:51 AM   #261
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
It's one thing to ask him to manage the game when the defense is playing lights out.

It's another thing to ask him to manage a game when the defense is a sieve.

Those 400 yard games, 4 TD, 2 INt games were kind of a necessity last year. If Romo didn't put up huge amounts of points last year, the Cowboys simply weren't going to win. That's why the play of the defense these last six weeks is such a huge deal. If they can keep up this level of play, then Romo doesn't have to be so risky.

But I don't think it's wise to want Romo to be a game manager at all times. Sometimes you have to be a bit of gunslinger. It really depends on the situation.
OK, we are moving forward in this conversation

See, I dont think there are really too many games that Romo has to be a gunslinger. I think we have enuf threats on offense to not warrant that. I think Romo can manage the game just like he did tonight, and we would be a better team than what we are now.

I think with our offense with Romo, T.O., Whitten, Barber, Roy Williams, we are not hurting for Romo to be a gunslinger. It so, then that problem belongs to Garrett and Wade. IMO

I dont think it was a current team in the league that could have beaten the Cowboys tonight, even though our offense was not perfect tonight. I think we would have beat the Steelers 21-0 tonight. But, I do think a healthy Giants team with Plaxico would still beat this current Cowboys team with this performance tonight.

If the Cowboys go 3-1 in the last 4 games of this season, I do feel it will carry over n2 the playoffs and we could become the team to beat based off our play and on paper. IMO
I would love to see the Steelers again in the Superbowl.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 12-15-2008 at 02:56 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:55 AM   #262
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My bad...he was coming either way...

_____ ______ ______ _____ <----- have at it
*snicker* *looks at camera*

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:56 AM   #263
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
*snicker* *looks at camera*
That'll do.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:00 AM   #264
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
See the difference? Witten lowered his damn shoulder and got the first!

TO wouldn't been stopped short just like in the first half.
Totally different situations. Plus, when Witten catches the ball he's thinking first down. When TO catches the ball he's thinking seven.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:20 AM   #265
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

god I love this team.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:25 AM   #266
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I would have booed TO on the play where he could have gotten a first down by about 3-4 yards if he had lowered his shoulder and plowed forward, but instead, he purposefully avoided contact and fell 1 yard short of the marker.

Also, I'll be damned if people shouldn't boo TO every single time he drops a pass that hits him clean in the hands. The guy makes such a fuss about how he "needs the ball," and then he drops it more than every other top-flight receiver in this league. I've got no problem with guys dropping passes -- nobody is perfect. But if you're going to repeatedly complain about needing the ball more, you lose your leeway on those mistakes.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 12-15-2008 at 05:27 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:01 AM   #267
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

OK, I watched the first half. Just watched the highlights. What a great game.

In better news, I kicked all kinds of ass on my final.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:10 AM   #268
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Boy TNewman makes this a better defensive team... With respect to Ed Werder...I expect he was exactly right...Just my opinion...I think the boys are spinning it pretty good right now.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:17 AM   #269
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Totally different situations. Plus, when Witten catches the ball he's thinking first down. When TO catches the ball he's thinking seven.
This gets my nomination for horse poo rationalization of the day. The "situation" was TO had the ball and a chance to get a couple of yards for a first and he fell on his butt. It was a crappy play on his part.

"thinking seven" my ass.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:47 AM   #270
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Some of the Cowboys fans got suckered.

Ed Werder and other Hack Journalist influenced how fans reacted to the team, and players...just like the hack jobs that report on politics influenced an election...okay enough on that, but you get the picture.

T.O. was freakin awesome, as was Romo and Witten.

If anything T.O. should send a peace offering/gift to Ed Werder:

How about 2 t-shirts:

iLie
iSuck

Agree or disagree with T.O., the man is truly a great player, great competitor who wants nothing more than to win...okay and a little cash, but what winner doesn't want to get paid?

T.O. is amongst my list of favorite all-time Cowboys!!! Yes right there will Bill Bates, Randy White and Robert Newhouse.

The more the media digs at and into T.O., the more I become a fan of T.O.

If anything T.O. and President Bush share one thing in common, they are two of the most slandered personalities at the expense of "Freedom of the Press" that I have ever seen!!!

That was a great win yesterday and kudos to yet another week of great defense.

Now all T.O. and the Cowboys have to do, is keep winning!!! Whatever it takes to get Ed Werder and ESPN to STFU and for them to eat their words!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:38 AM   #271
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
This gets my nomination for horse poo rationalization of the day. The "situation" was TO had the ball and a chance to get a couple of yards for a first and he fell on his butt. It was a crappy play on his part.

"thinking seven" my ass.
Seriously? He didn't go down to avoid contact he slipped. He could have (and in retrospect should have) taken the first down and an extra yard or two but he was trying to reverse field to stretch the play.

At that point in the game we were still trying to put points on the board because we didn't know how many it would take to win the game. On Witten's play we were trying to collect first downs to run out the clock. In all likelihood TO would have done the same thing Witten did in that situation.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:49 AM   #272
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seriously? He didn't go down to avoid contact he slipped. He could have (and in retrospect should have) taken the first down and an extra yard or two but he was trying to reverse field to stretch the play.

At that point in the game we were still trying to put points on the board because we didn't know how many it would take to win the game. On Witten's play we were trying to collect first downs to run out the clock. In all likelihood TO would have done the same thing Witten did in that situation.
fair enough. i thought it was just a crappy play on his part, but had it been later in the game he might have been a little less likely to make such a bonehead crappy play.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #273
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Random observation - T.O. made some really nice blocks last night...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:13 AM   #274
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I'm with you guys on the TO play.

My wife went nuts when it happened, and I found myself being a TO defender.

He made an effort to extend the play and cut behind some defenders...when he planted his foot, he slipped.

Hindsight 20/20, it would have been a better decision to take the yardage and move the sticks...

Bottom line, the decisions made on the field by everyone, helped the TEAM gain a victory!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:17 AM   #275
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Bottom line, the decisions made on the field by everyone, helped the TEAM gain a victory!!!
Except for Romo - Silk says he's a "mental midget choker" (even though he just threw ZERO turnovers in the biggest game of the season...)

Last edited by Underdog; 12-15-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:21 AM   #276
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I find it very difficult to believe that anyone would have a problem with TO getting booed. He has done more than enough off the field to warrant a booing or two from the home crowd.

Also, calling Ed Werder a hack is an absolutely idiotic thing to say.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:26 AM   #277
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I find it very difficult to believe that anyone would have a problem with TO getting booed. He has done more than enough off the field to warrant a booing or two from the home crowd.
I encourage EVERYONE to boo T.O. - he thrives best when the world is against him!

(watch him go off for 150 yds and 2 TDs next week...)

Old 12-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #278
Underdog

Christmas wish: I want Tony Romo to connect with Roy Williams for at least ONE touchdown before the regular season ends (anyone notice that he tends to toss it out of bounds or over-throw Roy by about 10 yards every time he's wide open???)

Last edited by Underdog; 12-15-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:07 PM   #279
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post

Also, calling Ed Werder a hack is an absolutely idiotic thing to say.

Werd...er...word.

he's a good journalist, and to blame him for the cowboys' problems is equally idiotic. i guarantee ed werder doesn't keep his job if he's "making up" stories about TO and the Cowboys. I'd just love to see some proof that it was all made up, as TO says.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #280
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Christmas wish: I want Tony Romo to connect with Roy Williams for at least ONE touchdown before the regular season ends (anyone notice that he tends to toss it out of bounds or over-throw Roy by about 10 yards every time he's wide open???)
yeah, i'm looking forward to this offense really operating correctly. it's not that hard to get the football to your big play guys.