Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2016, 12:19 PM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Curious what market value will be for Parsons, DWill, Zaza, Dirk, Felton and Powell going into the off-season.
I doubt Dirk opts out of his final year unless he's looking to extend... Same with Parsons, from everything that he's indicated (and I don't get the sense that anyone is going to be throwing a max contract at him, but there's still enough season left for Chandler to prove me wrong...)

Powell is a RFA and hasn't exactly been lighting it up lately, so I doubt teams are going to be trying to pry him away from us... The bigger question is how much do we value him?

Felton is probably a goner unless we somehow unload Harris or Barea... We just have too many mediocre tweener-guards on this roster right now.

Deron will absolutely opt out of his $5.6m player option, but I'm not sure what the market is going to be for him... I mean, if a headcase like Rondo can earn $9.5m this season, then I can see D-Will going in the $10-15m range with the cap spike. I'd take him for 10, but 15 is probably too much for an aging PG with declining skills (although this may be one position that we have to overpay for this summer, given the market -- Mike Conley is literally the only non-restricted PG that I like better than Williams).

Zaza is the big question mark... He barely missed out on being an All-Star, but his success is very much the product of Carlisle's system... Although a lot of GMs around the league don't seem to understand how that works -- they're just going to see a double-double big man and probably end up overpaying for him... And if/when he does get overpaid this summer, I say let someone else do it. I'd love to have him as a backup to someone like Dwight Howard, but we definitely shouldn't overpay to keep him as our starting center.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote