Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-31-2003, 06:03 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which ex high priced Mav did you dislike the most?

vote please. ... NVE of course for me..although Howard was a close second.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2003, 06:08 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Which high priced ex-Mav did/do you dislike the most?

oddly enough, juwan howard's defensive abilities almost mirror those of danny fortson... although fortson has the capability to rebound better.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:08 PM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Which ex high priced Mav did/do you dislike the most?

And yet anohter poll. [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]

There is no choice for those of us who don't dislike any of the 3. Don't get me wrong, there were parts of all their games that frustrated the devil out of me, but I don't dislike them and wish them well.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:12 PM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Which high priced ex-Mav did/do you dislike the most?

I voted for Howard....

You know, he seems to do better than okay for other teams. I feel like maybe he just wasn't utilized correctly when with the Mavericks.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:18 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

lrb, this poll doesn't apply to you then
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

this poll will at least have results that vary a bit.. the winner won't rack up 80% or more of the total..
there seems to be enough hatred to go around for all three.

now, we just need to find out who was hated the most....definitely a burning question that needs to be answered
Old 10-31-2003, 07:07 PM   #6
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Add Roy "Crackhead" Tarpley.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 07:17 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
Add Roy "Crackhead" Tarpley.
Bingo!!! We have a winner!!!!

Old 10-31-2003, 07:30 PM   #8
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

He wasn't high priced but I didn't like the way Hardaway dissed the Mavs after they traded him.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:06 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

ladies and gentlemen, i was just going with players in the big 3 era
Old 10-31-2003, 08:15 PM   #10
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

In that case....I guess Howard by default. I liked Raef and NVE.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 08:56 PM   #11
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 10:56 PM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a tossup between Raef and Howard. They both spared everybody to death. I went with Reaf because his poor play is a more vivid memory.

How any true Mavs fan can say Nick is beyond me. He clearly helped the team. Even the anti Nick faction admits that we wouldn't have made the WCF without him. I have yet to read a compelling argument suggesting that we would have made the finals without him. Dirk is a better player because of the playoff experience he gained this year with Nick. So basically what you're saying by choosing Nick is: he helped the development of my team, but it wasn't worth it since I dislike him so much.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:03 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

dirno..the question isn't "which high priced ex-Mav played the worst?"
it's "which high priced ex-Mav did/do you dislike the most?"

if how much we like/dislike a player is solely based on what they contribute on the floor, then Dirk would be everyone's favorite mav..
Old 10-31-2003, 11:08 PM   #14
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Point taken
Old 10-31-2003, 11:12 PM   #15
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I don't dislike any of them. I was a huge Fab Five fan, so I like Howard. Van Exel brought an attitude that the team desperately needed. And Raef, well you know how I feel about him. If I was forced to choose one, I guess it would be Howard.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 11:16 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

NVE got hot in the playoffs (a one in a lifetime streak for him) and he brought us Jamison via trade

besides that, he wasn't that impressive while with the mavs
Old 10-31-2003, 11:25 PM   #17
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Forget Jamison. I'll admit Nick got hot, but his hot streak helped the franchise beyond what he brought in the trade. What if Dirk has to go at it alone and we lose to Portland. That would have set this franchise back without a doubt. What if we lose to Sac without Webber. We already question the confidence and attitude of this team. What if they had to come into the year after pulling the biggest choke job in history? Tell me Murph, what did Nick do beside help your team. Did he stunt Dirk or Nash's growth? I think not. I understand you don't like Nick, but it's clearly personal.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:31 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

actually, i can find some things that I would have liked if the mavs would have lost to Portland
Old 10-31-2003, 11:37 PM   #19
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
actually, i can find some things that I would have liked if the mavs would have lost to Portland
Like Nellie's departure as coach? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2003, 11:51 PM   #20
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

NVE by a big margin.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 12:00 AM   #21
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Howard got my vote.
Old 11-01-2003, 01:59 AM   #22
DrtyFlthyNasty

DrtyFlthyNasty is on a distinguished road

why do you guys dislike nve? i still havent heard the reason why you "dislike him". This poll shouldnt even be up.
"I know what I can do,'' Van Exel said. "I'm not really worried about what other people say, that I'm just a scorer or a ballhog or whatever. I know when I need to score, and I definitely know how to make players better.'' - Nick Van Exel

"The ROC handle like Van Exel,
I shake phoneys man, You can't get next to.."

-Jayz
DrtyFlthyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 03:20 PM   #23
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Raef got my vote because the other two TRIED. I rarely got the impression that Raef was trying as hard as he could.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 05:08 PM   #24
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

I'd definitely have to say NVE, I didn't like him when he was a Mav because of his crappy shot selection half the time, and his desire to try and take over the offense (although maybe that was Nelson's doing)... I really don't like him now because of all the "Nick was the only reason the Mavs got to where they did in the playoffs last year" crap that everyone is saying now that he's gone.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:22 PM   #25
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Howard.

At least NVE fought.

Edit: Raef is just naive, basketball related.

Old 11-02-2003, 05:33 AM   #26
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Raef...for the same reasons expressed by Max....just a headcase. i'm not sure why anyone would vote for NVE...he came here with a bad rep; played the solid citizen role....and F*'ed em.

Is it because he's disssing the Mavs organiztion now.

Have to say that I'm pretty neutral on Juwan.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:23 PM   #27
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

If Raef doesn't win this poll, the collective IQ of this board needs to be checked.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:42 PM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Raef...for the same reasons expressed by Max....just a headcase. i'm not sure why anyone would vote for NVE...he came here with a bad rep; played the solid citizen role....and F*'ed em.

Is it because he's disssing the Mavs organiztion now.

Have to say that I'm pretty neutral on Juwan.
NVE? Easy... he represented small ball. What's small ball? Something that slowed down the development of the mavs. Why? Because it slowed down dirk's development on the interior.

Plus, NVE routinely put up bad shots instead of getting the ball to better options. Yes, I know that Nellie wanted NVE to look for his shot. but when you're on the court, you have to know what's a good shot to take and what's not a good shot to take. NVE has never figured that out.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:44 PM   #29
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Popeye jones
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:57 PM   #30
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Popeye jones

Popeye wasn't really high priced unless you're talking about return for dollar spent. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2003, 01:01 PM   #31
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I know.. To tell you the truth I don't believe in being so negative. Doesn't fit my personality. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote