Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 10-20-2020, 11:17 AM   #1
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

I think I'm out on Green. He's my least favorite of all the wings who get discussed for the Mavericks. He just looks small to me, especially relative to his style of play. I even question the accuracy of his listed wingspan, tbh.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 10-20-2020 at 11:17 AM.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:57 AM   #2
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
I think I'm out on Green. He's my least favorite of all the wings who get discussed for the Mavericks. He just looks small to me, especially relative to his style of play. I even question the accuracy of his listed wingspan, tbh.

I disagree. He reminds me of Justin Anderson with way more upside. 36% from 3 and 78% from the free throw line bode well for his future, and are numbers that Anderson didn't hit until his junior year. That being said I do think there are 18 better prospects than him.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:25 PM   #3
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I disagree. He reminds me of Justin Anderson with way more upside. 36% from 3 and 78% from the free throw line bode well for his future, and are numbers that Anderson didn't hit until his junior year. That being said I do think there are 18 better prospects than him.
I thought about Anderson, too, but Green just looks so much smaller to me. He looks too small for the college game, tbh, and my guess is that at the next level he's ONLY going to be a shooter on offense. I actually think Justin Jackson is a pretty good comp, only Jackson is bigger, too.

Green might end up being better than either of them, but I don't believe in it enough to feel like I should pick him instead of trading the pick in a package for someone I KNOW can play in an important NBA game.

I just like all the other first round defensive wing types better.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:22 PM   #4
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought about Anderson, too, but Green just looks so much smaller to me. He looks too small for the college game, tbh, and my guess is that at the next level he's ONLY going to be a shooter on offense. I actually think Justin Jackson is a pretty good comp, only Jackson is bigger, too.

Green might end up being better than either of them, but I don't believe in it enough to feel like I should pick him instead of trading the pick in a package for someone I KNOW can play in an important NBA game.

I just like all the other first round defensive wing types better.
Green is a much better athlete than Justin Jackson and better defender. He’s an NBA level athlete and body. I wouldn’t dislike him at 18. I agree with tap there are likely guys available I like better, but I think he is potentially a good 3-D guy with a fixable shot(he has a funky release hitch) And also as Killer Left pointed out he’s ahead of Justin Anderson on the timeline as he’s still very young(19 turning 20) and though inconsistent was a valuable contributor as a freshman.

Last edited by mac222b; 10-20-2020 at 02:27 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:48 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Green is solid, but I don't take him before 31.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 02:39 PM   #6
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I’d comp Green as Royce O’Neal only better athlete with more upside. Both are around 6’5 with 6’10 wingspan, solid bodies. Green is listed as 6-6 210 and has a good frame to put on more muscle. Not a lot of ball handling/ creation for others, though Green has at least some upside to be that. Much better pedigree. I mean we are discussing Desmond Bane around here and he took until what his senior season to become a reliable p’n’r guy? Not sure Green will ever be that but he could eventually have some off the bounce game.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:50 PM   #7
KillerLeft

That's what people keep saying about Green, but I'm sorry, I just disagree. I recently watched a "deep dive" scouting video on him from another board which was essentially hours of game film with no commentary, and I couldn't believe how unimpressed with his athletic ability I was afterwards. Looottttts of examples of him dribbling into the paint and getting punk'd. He won't be able to even try that at the NBA level.

You can talk me into the idea that his shooting is on track, but we all agree that there's one more step of development needed there. Still, a check in the pros column for shooting. So it's 3&D, then?

Only, he's REALLY small and slight (just like Jackson). Dude will never be a match for guys like Kawhi, George, Lebron. They're all too big for him, tbh. I just don't see it, personally.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:23 PM   #8
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
That's what people keep saying about Green, but I'm sorry, I just disagree. I recently watched a "deep dive" scouting video on him from another board which was essentially hours of game film with no commentary, and I couldn't believe how unimpressed with his athletic ability I was afterwards. Looottttts of examples of him dribbling into the paint and getting punk'd. He won't be able to even try that at the NBA level.

You can talk me into the idea that his shooting is on track, but we all agree that there's one more step of development needed there. Still, a check in the pros column for shooting. So it's 3&D, then?

Only, he's REALLY small and slight (just like Jackson). Dude will never be a match for guys like Kawhi, George, Lebron. They're all too big for him, tbh. I just don't see it, personally.
He’s listed at 6-6 210 though. I wouldn’t call that slight. He just needs 10lbs of muscle, which in a couple years shouldn’t be any problem. Royce O’Neal was listed as 6-6 215 coming out as an older guy than Green. He’s listed as 6-4 227 now.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:46 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Both ESPN and the Ringer have us with Bey again

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-20-2020 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:05 AM   #10
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Both ESPN and the Ringer have us with Bey again
I think you may be looking at the ringer’s big board. Their mock draft is a different link up top.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:01 AM   #11
tap2390
Diamond Member

For those of you interested in scouting reports for the draft eligible players I highly recommend HoopIntellect’s YouTube page:

https://www.youtube.com/c/HoopIntellect

The guy offers professional-level 10-15 minute scouting reports on all the major players with film. Truly phenomenal work.
Old 10-20-2020, 11:20 PM   #12
mac222b
Diamond Member

I think I would go Lewis, Maxey, Green, and toss up between Bane and Anthony. Anthony has some pretty serious size limitations and is only and ok athlete. At least Bane is a knockdown shooter— but with his own issues. Will he be able to get a off against NBA players with low release point and who does he guard? I like that he’s a hard worker and would know his role. Anthony I would worry thinks he’s some sort of star.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:36 AM   #13
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I think I would go Lewis, Maxey, Green, and toss up between Bane and Anthony. Anthony has some pretty serious size limitations and is only and ok athlete. At least Bane is a knockdown shooter— but with his own issues. Will he be able to get a off against NBA players with low release point and who does he guard? I like that he’s a hard worker and would know his role. Anthony I would worry thinks he’s some sort of star.
Bane has shorter arms, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with his stroke. His release point isn't really low relative to his body type. JJB for example has been getting his shots off successfully for many years and there is a long list of others, who are shorter than Bane that have as well. I'd have zero concerns of this and the same for his defense. The 2 things you mentioned is what I would say he does best. I think he would guard anyone 1-3. Especially guards we don't want Luka on.

The questions I have with drafting a PG:

What about Burke? We can't let him slip away if we can reasonably keep him.

Can they operate off ball with Luka on the floor?

Can they shoot at a high clip, AND defend?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 11:07 AM   #14
tap2390
Diamond Member

I've been thinking about Bane a lot (and not just because I have a man crush on Tom Hardy).

This draft is really interesting because you just know some of the guys who go 11-20 are going to blossom and become stars and some are going to dud. Meanwhile there's another group of safer picks but with significantly less upside.

11) Patrick Williams --> huge upside but will he be quick enough to guard on the perimeter?

12) Precious Achiuwa --> huge upside but will he develop a consistent jumper?

13) Saddiq Bey --> low upside but almost guaranteed key role player

14) Desmond Bane --> low upside as he's already 22 but showcased an all-around game including potential as a secondary ballhandler... potentially elite shooter off-ball

15) Aaron Nesmith --> almost definitely an elite off-ball shooter but can't handle the rock as well as Bane and has durability concerns

16) Josh Green --> high upside as a 3-and-D player but will he ever be more?

17) Kira Lewis --> high upside as a speedy lead guard but will he develop a shot?

18) Tyrese Maxey --> high upside as an undersized 2 but will he shoot better in the league?

19) Cole Anthony --> high upside as a shot creator but will he just be a sixth man?

20) Tyrell Terry --> high upside as a shooting point but will he ever defend more than one position?

21) RJ Hampton --> high upside but is he all athleticism?

22) Jalen Smith --> high upside but will he be able to defend the pick and roll?

23) Tyler Bey --> low upside but almost definitely a high energy defender and rebounder

I think Bane might be the best of the 'low upside' group because of the potential he shows as a pick and roll facilitator and off-ball shooter. If we feel he can consistently guard 1s we should take a strong look at him. Ultimately if will depend on how well the Mavs feel they can project one of the high upside players still available at 18 (I think we may have our pick of Anthony, Terry, and Maxey).

If we take Bane at #18, with our #31 pick we can focus on getting the highest upside player (unless someone like Tyler Bey falls).

Last edited by tap2390; 10-21-2020 at 11:09 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 04:52 PM   #15
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Bane has shorter arms, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with his stroke. His release point isn't really low relative to his body type. JJB for example has been getting his shots off successfully for many years and there is a long list of others, who are shorter than Bane that have as well. I'd have zero concerns of this and the same for his defense. The 2 things you mentioned is what I would say he does best. I think he would guard anyone 1-3. Especially guards we don't want Luka on.

The questions I have with drafting a PG:

What about Burke? We can't let him slip away if we can reasonably keep him.

Can they operate off ball with Luka on the floor?

Can they shoot at a high clip, AND defend?
He cocks his shot. JJB has a shot put sort of stroke. I like Bane’s body control on drives, saw some nice finishes going glass on drives ala Ginobli. It’s highlights so not sure what % he’s making on those as we are seeing mostly or all makes. Likely wouldn’t have looks as clean against NBA defenders. I like him but he’s not fluid athlete like Maxey or Lewis. Has any used the Desmond Mason comp? He has a similar build. That’s who he reminds me most of only maybe a little less athletic or fluid.

Last edited by mac222b; 10-21-2020 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:09 PM   #16
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
He cocks his shot. JJB has a shot put sort of stroke. I like Bane’s body control on drives, saw some nice finishes going glass on drives ala Ginobli. It’s highlights so not sure what % he’s making on those as we are seeing mostly or all makes. Likely wouldn’t have looks as clean against NBA defenders. I like him but he’s not fluid athlete like Maxey or Lewis. Has any used the Desmond Mason comp? He has a similar build. That’s who he reminds me most of only maybe a little less athletic or fluid.
https://youtu.be/QTPE2POgibE

That stroke looks clean to me. Very consistent release. I don't think he will have any issues.

As far as athleticism goes, he's just not a shifty little guard like Maxey or Lewis. He's bulkier, like 20 lbs of muscle bulkier but he CAN get up when he wants to. I've seen him posterize defenders especially catching lobs.

I don't think he is as agile as Desmond Mason was but he's by far a better shooter and defender. He is relentless off the ball too, reminds me a lot of Ray Allen.

Admittedly I'm biased because TCU and I got to watch all the games. Surprising to see how much he shot up the draft boards but after watching many other projected 14-25 picks, I don't see any guarantees, including him but imo he does fit our needs. 2 way player that's a knockdown shooter is definitely one of them.

Old 10-23-2020, 10:56 PM   #17
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
https://youtu.be/QTPE2POgibE

That stroke looks clean to me. Very consistent release. I don't think he will have any issues.

As far as athleticism goes, he's just not a shifty little guard like Maxey or Lewis. He's bulkier, like 20 lbs of muscle bulkier but he CAN get up when he wants to. I've seen him posterize defenders especially catching lobs.

I don't think he is as agile as Desmond Mason was but he's by far a better shooter and defender. He is relentless off the ball too, reminds me a lot of Ray Allen.

Admittedly I'm biased because TCU and I got to watch all the games. Surprising to see how much he shot up the draft boards but after watching many other projected 14-25 picks, I don't see any guarantees, including him but imo he does fit our needs. 2 way player that's a knockdown shooter is definitely one of them.
I like Bane, not trying to run him down. Just think there are legit questions about who and how well he’ll guard and his length. I think they are working out the kinks in his shot; in the video you shared you can see him dip down sometimes more than others, sometimes not at all. In the other highlights I’ve seen he almost cocks it before he lifts to shoot.

If given a choice I think I would take Kira, Precious, Saddiq, Hampton, Nesmith and Terry ahead of him. Maybe Maxey and Jalen Smith. He’s in the tier with Tyler Bey, Tre Jones, Josh Green, Cole Anthony, Quickley.

Last edited by mac222b; 10-23-2020 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:14 PM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

26 days
Old 10-24-2020, 02:20 PM   #19
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe all these mocks with us taking Green now. NO way I take him over Bane or pretty much anyone else besides Pokusevski.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 12:11 PM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

From most historically accurate to least
Draftexpress/ESPN - S. Bey/ Azubuike
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...s-latest-intel

Bleacher report - Bolmero / N/A
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nd-predictions

Ringer - Nesmith (updated 10/27
https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

USA Today - Hampton/
https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gal...nd/5280504002/

SBNation - Nesmith/ NA
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/8/...warriors-bulls

Sports Illustrated - Hampton/ T.Bey
https://www.si.com/nba/2020/08/21/nb...es-win-lottery

Nbadraft.net - Anthony/ Stewart updated 10/19
https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

CBS Sports (Boone) - Hampton / NA Updated
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/mock-draft/

CBS Sports (Parrish) - Maxey / NA

Yahoo Sports - Green
https://sports.yahoo.com/2020-nba-mo...132728170.html

NBCSports - Maledon/ N/A
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ombine-edition

NBADraftroom.com - Nesmith/McDaniels
https://nbadraftroom.com/p/2020-nba-mock-draft/

Yardbarker.com - Achiuwa
https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...02996#slide_18

Lineups.com - Vassell
https://www.lineups.com/articles/nba...ft-guide-2020/

Couple of draft updates

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-28-2020 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:51 PM   #21
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
From most historically accurate to least
Draftexpress/ESPN - S. Bey/ Azubuike
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...s-latest-intel

Bleacher report - Bolmero / N/A
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nd-predictions

Ringer - Nesmith (updated 10/27
https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

USA Today - Hampton/
https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gal...nd/5280504002/

SBNation - Nesmith/ NA
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/8/...warriors-bulls

Sports Illustrated - Hampton/ T.Bey
https://www.si.com/nba/2020/08/21/nb...es-win-lottery

Nbadraft.net - Anthony/ Stewart updated 10/19
https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

CBS Sports (Boone) - Hampton / NA Updated

CBS Sports (Parrish) - Maxey / NA

Yahoo Sports - Green
https://sports.yahoo.com/2020-nba-mo...132728170.html

NBCSports - Maledon/ N/A
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ombine-edition

NBADraftroom.com - Nesmith/McDaniels
https://nbadraftroom.com/p/2020-nba-mock-draft/

Yardbarker.com - Achiuwa
https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...02996#slide_18

Lineups.com - Vassell
https://www.lineups.com/articles/nba...ft-guide-2020/

Couple of draft updates
These mocks are so all over the place that I'm not sure how one could take much from them. Like bleacher report having Cole Anthony at 7? Weird.

Old 10-28-2020, 05:51 PM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
These mocks are so all over the place that I'm not sure how one could take much from them. Like bleacher report having Cole Anthony at 7? Weird.
To be fair, only ESPN and the Ringer really do any analysis and the only sources who have gotten more than 15-20% of picks right.

Also, the volatility just proves that this draft is super weak at superstars. I think we may see 20-30 starters coming out of this draft,t but I doubt we'll see more than 2 stars.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:07 PM   #23
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

19 days
Old 11-02-2020, 09:34 AM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

16 days
Old 11-06-2020, 09:32 AM   #25
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

12 days

Maybe the election will be over by then
Old 11-06-2020, 11:16 AM   #26
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
12 days

Maybe the election will be over by then
At the rate these clowns count, the questionable ballots flowing in, and the law suits, this thing looks to be going well past the NBA restart.

Last edited by SMC0007; 11-06-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-06-2020, 11:47 AM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
At the rate these clowns count, the questionable ballots flowing in, and the law suits, this thing looks to be going well past the NBA restart.
Yeah it looks like Trump will contest it until Jan and maybe after

but looks like we'll have our first count completed by December
Old 11-06-2020, 12:00 PM   #28
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Please dont blame the "clowns who are counting".

When the GOP realized they are going to lose because of the Mail-ins, they instructed their Poll Watchers to challenge every freaking ballot.

Open the entire Tweet, it has multiple parts

https://twitter.com/juliecmoroney/st...961991169?s=20

Last edited by sefant77; 11-06-2020 at 12:01 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 03:29 PM   #29
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Please dont blame the "clowns who are counting".

When the GOP realized they are going to lose because of the Mail-ins, they instructed their Poll Watchers to challenge every freaking ballot.

Open the entire Tweet, it has multiple parts

https://twitter.com/juliecmoroney/st...961991169?s=20

Old 11-08-2020, 04:25 PM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

10 days
Old 11-08-2020, 08:30 PM   #31
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Tankathon needs to get their act together. 15 days since a mock with 10 days til the draft? Really?

Old 11-09-2020, 10:50 AM   #32
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

9 days

Also a lot of people are talking about how vets may get higher billing this year? Older players are often underappreciated which is where I think we can make a killing, but maybe other teams will value guys who can immediately contribute too.

1) No summer league
2) They are drafted and potentially have a week or two before training camp

That's going to be a shock for a lot of rookies.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-09-2020 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-09-2020, 12:25 PM   #33
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
9 days

Also a lot of people are talking about how vets may get higher billing this year? Older players are often underappreciated which is where I think we can make a killing, but maybe other teams will value guys who can immediately contribute too.

1) No summer league
2) They are drafted and potentially have a week or two before training camp

That's going to be a shock for a lot of rookies.
I'm actually in favor of this. I don't like a mostly meaningless summer league and then months of sitting around waiting for camp. Just throw them to the wolves!

Old 11-09-2020, 12:49 PM   #34
KillerLeft

Quote:
I'm actually in favor of this. I don't like a mostly meaningless summer league and then months of sitting around waiting for camp. Just throw them to the wolves!
Yes, way better for the fans. It's going to be a fever pitch of anticipation...trades, then the draft, then free agency and maybe some more trades, then camp, then boom - REAL, REGULAR SEASON GAMES. So much fun.

But yeah, some rookies who might've been playable in years past might not be ready to jump in right away this year.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:52 AM   #35
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Yes, way better for the fans. It's going to be a fever pitch of anticipation...trades, then the draft, then free agency and maybe some more trades, then camp, then boom - REAL, REGULAR SEASON GAMES. So much fun.

But yeah, some rookies who might've been playable in years past might not be ready to jump in right away this year.
See I think these kids are going to have to learn fast and be ready to soak up some minutes that other rookies might not typically get. They might struggle with their teams system, but there are vets that are likely to take on more load management for a while. I wouldn't be surprised to see more bench minutes in the league than we have seen in a while.

Last edited by SMC0007; 11-10-2020 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-10-2020, 01:46 PM   #36
KillerLeft

Quote:
See I think these kids are going to have to learn fast and be ready to soak up some minutes that other rookies might not typically get. They might struggle with their teams system, but there are vets that are likely to take on more load management for a while. I wouldn't be surprised to see more bench minutes in the league than we have seen in a while.
That's a really good point.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:21 AM   #37
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Summer league really is less about development than it is showcasing talent and teams are already into their first -- and often even second-round picks.

I think the real losers when it comes to Summer League are the undrafted guys and low second rounders. There are always 1-2 guys who really impress and get a look. They won't have their chance this year.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:15 PM   #38
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Summer league really is less about development than it is showcasing talent and teams are already into their first -- and often even second-round picks.

I think the real losers when it comes to Summer League are the undrafted guys and low second rounders. There are always 1-2 guys who really impress and get a look. They won't have their chance this year.
Agree about the undrafted guys. Hopefully teams are up to snuff with their scouting of them. Likely will be a lot of undrafted bigs since they just aren't as valued as guards in today's game.

Old 11-10-2020, 12:51 PM   #39
tap2390
Diamond Member

Interesting outside-the-box take on the draft from a guy who's watched the prospects closely.

https://theboxand1.weebly.com/draft-...ig-board-tiers

Last edited by tap2390; 11-10-2020 at 12:51 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:38 AM   #40
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Hollinger from the Athletic

18. Dallas – Aleksej Pokusevski, “power” forward, Olympiakos B
Okay, let’s talk about the biggest mystery meat of the draft, because there is a lot of subterfuge to process here.

The rumor is that Pokusevski has a promise from a team in the first round, and that’s why he bailed on the draft combine. Bigger picture, that may also be why he bailed on much of his 2019-20 season, depending on when the promise came.

Adding fuel to the fire are two data points: 1) Pokusevski’s agent, Jason Ranne, used to work for the Oklahoma City Thunder, and 2) The Thunder themselves are notorious in league circles for promising their pick and having him shut down workouts and other public viewings waaaaay ahead of the draft.

I don’t think the Thunder are the only ones playing poker here, though. At the 18th pick, we have a Dallas team with a noted proclivity for swinging for the fences on high-upside international prospects. Sometimes they get Dirk Nowitzki and sometimes they get Pavel Podkolzin, but they’ll keep swinging.

So why wouldn’t the Mavs take a swing here? Instead, there are widespread rumors that Dallas is shopping the pick in search of a high-level wing.

Color me dubious. They’re going to trade this pick for a wing when they’re trying to create max cap room in 2021? They’d either nuke the cap space or end up trading a first-round pick for a rental. This feels more like a smokescreen to dissuade the teams behind them from jumping up to 17 and taking their guy.

I don’t see Pokusevski making it all the way to the Thunder at 25 in either case, which means Oklahoma City may need to use its surfeit of future firsts to move up. Regardless of which team lands Pokusevski, I think he goes in the mid-to-late teens, possibly as high as 14 to Boston.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote