Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2012, 01:53 AM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
We all agree Haywood must go right?
Yep. The problem is, who do you replace him with? There are only so many available centers in the league right now... Assuming that we land Deron Williams (and one has to assume, otherwise it doesn't really matter who plays the 5), I'd be plum tickled if we could somehow sign Chris Kaman. He's the only attractive UFA center who isn't going to re-sign with their current team.

Or we could make a trade, but that's going to be pretty difficult - Odom and Haywood's value is in the crapper and Roddy's isn't much better (maybe he still has that whole "raw" factor going for him?)... Marion has been playing at a high level for the past 2 seasons, and would have on-court value for a playoff contender, but contenders usually don't trade quality centers for Marion/Odom-types (although, sh!tty teams do).

We definitely have some options this summer - it'll be interesting to see how this all shakes out, but I expect to see a mostly-different roster next season.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2012, 01:57 AM   #42
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yep. The problem is, who do you replace him with? There are only so many available centers in the league right now... Assuming that we land Deron Williams (and one has to assume, otherwise it doesn't really matter who plays the 5), I'd be plum tickled if we could somehow sign Chris Kaman. He's the only attractive UFA center who isn't going to re-sign with their current team.

Or we could make a trade, but that's going to be pretty difficult - Odom and Haywood's value is in the crapper and Roddy's isn't much better (maybe he still has that whole "raw" factor going for him?)... Marion has been playing at a high level for the past 2 seasons, and would have on-court value for a playoff contender, but contenders usually don't trade quality centers for Marion/Odom-types (although, sh!tty teams do).

We definitely have some options this summer - it'll be interesting to see how this all shakes out, but I expect to see a mostly-different roster next season.
Nothing or Ian would be an upgrade at this point.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:00 AM   #43
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Nothing or Ian would be an upgrade at this point.
Ian might be an upgrade, but he's not a starter.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:11 AM   #44
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
No he's not he's restricted. But you can guarentee he will be under contract with Indy next year, and the next, and the next and the next. Indy would be stupid not to match any offer.
Indy would be stupid to match a max offer. But luckily for them, nobody's gonna offer him a max, 12-14 a year is not out of the question though. Anyway, if we get Deron, it's not like we will have any serious money left.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #45
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...mnesty&page=11

Quote:
markus1234: And that's exactly why we should amnesty(or trade) Haywood. You simply can't count on him
Underdog: amnestying Haywood while Ian Mahinmi is your only option is more retarded than Corky Thatcher.

BGMaverick9: This made me laugh.

Kante: Would be easier if it wasn't for you being that retarded and saying dumb things over and over again...

BGMaverick9: I'd say he's not just an average center. Is he an elite center? No, but he's definitely above the level of an average center.

Underdog: We have a true center in Haywood, which is something that every NBA team needs.

Underdog: because your assessment of Haywood is dead-wrong.

tags: inbredretard1234

-----

Last edited by markus1234; 05-04-2012 at 07:26 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #46
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Indy would be stupid to match a max offer. But luckily for them, nobody's gonna offer him a max, 12-14 a year is not out of the question though. Anyway, if we get Deron, it's not like we will have any serious money left.
We could if we could offload Marion and renounce rights on a few guys. You do that for Howard, but I'm not sure you mortgage the entire roster to get Dirk, Deron and a non-superstar

P.S. Hibbert has a qualifying option, doesnt he? The Pacers throw 3.7mill at him and keep him for another year I'm pretty sure.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-04-2012 at 09:53 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #47
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...mnesty&page=11

Underdog: amnestying Haywood while Ian Mahinmi is your only option is more retarded than Corky Thatcher.

BGMaverick9: This made me laugh.

Kante: Would be easier if it wasn't for you being that retarded and saying dumb things over and over again...

BGMaverick9: I'd say he's not just an average center. Is he an elite center? No, but he's definitely above the level of an average center.

Underdog: We have a true center in Haywood, which is something that every NBA team needs.

Underdog: because your assessment of Haywood is dead-wrong.

I like how you took those posts completely out of context - when I was talking about your assessment of Haywood, it was 100% in reference to last year's playoffs against guys like Bynum and Aldridge. Your opinion concerning his impact a year ago was and still is wrong.

And I maintain that Ian Mahinmi is not a starting center, and you don't amnesty Haywood unless you find someone better because you need a center who can bang with bigs and Mahinmi isn't that guy.

The only reason you keep posting links to that thread is because you're trying to scoreboard me about Haywood, but in your haste to make a fool out of me, you seemed to have missed one very contradictory post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Haywood is great but his health is very shaky. Minor things can stop him for days and weeks An ankle sprain, lower back, knee issue...and he might be done for a whole playoff series. Like last year vs. MIA.

He is not a quick healer, that's for sure.

ps:

Ideal rotation
PG: Kidd 20/West 24/ Jet 4
SG: West 10/Jet 28/Roddy 10
SF: Marion 32/Vince 16
PF: Dirk 36/ Wright 12
C: Haywood 32/Mahinmi/Wright 16
Scoreboard?

Old 05-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #48
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Wright +

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 05-04-2012 at 12:02 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #49
Underdog

^ No kidding, Wright could stand to gain 20-40lbs of upper body strength if he wants to keep playing center in this league...

Old 05-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #50
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Am I the only guy who'd like to see JR Smith replace Terry this off season. Seems like you'd be able to get him at a little more favorable terms than Terry who seems to want to make the same kind of money he's making now. I know this guy is a certifiable knucklehead, but hes a slasher, explosive athletically, and would be a good fit on this Mavs team.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #51
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange View Post
Am I the only guy who'd like to see JR Smith replace Terry this off season. Seems like you'd be able to get him at a little more favorable terms than Terry who seems to want to make the same kind of money he's making now. I know this guy is a certifiable knucklehead, but hes a slasher, explosive athletically, and would be a good fit on this Mavs team.
+1

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #52
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He has a player option for next season, so he might not be on the market.

Regardless, I personally want no part of him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-04-2012 at 02:33 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #53
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
I wanted him when he was coming back from China, for this year. I'm not sure what the future plans are for this team. So he could be a fit, then, again he could not be. We have to wait and see.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #54
DIRK LEGIONS

DIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to all

get these 4 ny based players as free agents deron,lin,hump,novak.

they fit in with the way mavs play and deron,lin and novak are way better 3 point shooters then what mavs had this season

lin and novak off bench and have deron and hump in starting 5 with dirk.

and please can the mavs not draft some shitty euro player and get a ibaka type big foward or center to tag around with dirk.

the only player on mavs roster that was drafted by mavs was jason kidd almost 20 yrs ago. time to draft well
DIRK LEGIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #55
DIRK LEGIONS

DIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to all

jr smith is a chucking machine having watch knick games here in nyc you dont want him with mavs very low basketball iq
DIRK LEGIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #56
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I feel so bad for dirk. He deserves better. Cuban will have to work some serious magic to make the Mavs competitive next year.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #57
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

A vet min guy I would like...Reggie Evans. He hustles, he is energetic, he sets screens, and most importantly, he Rebounds.

Last edited by b_o_r; 05-05-2012 at 05:52 PM.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #58
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

PLEASE NO JR SMITH. PLEASE. I rather have Terry back. Hell, sign DeShawn Stevenson back.

Last edited by adonis; 05-05-2012 at 09:59 PM.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #59
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

D Will/Nash combo for the win!

Kidd is too old. Can only shoot threes and cant finish at the basket.

Last edited by 4Dirk1Nowitzki; 05-05-2012 at 10:08 PM.
4Dirk1Nowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #60
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Haywood needs to go ahead and start cleaning his locker out.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #61
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK LEGIONS View Post
get these 4 ny based players as free agents deron,lin,hump,novak.

they fit in with the way mavs play and deron,lin and novak are way better 3 point shooters then what mavs had this season

lin and novak off bench and have deron and hump in starting 5 with dirk.

and please can the mavs not draft some shitty euro player and get a ibaka type big foward or center to tag around with dirk.

the only player on mavs roster that was drafted by mavs was jason kidd almost 20 yrs ago. time to draft well
Lin is a terrible 3-point shooter, also the Knicks can, and will match any offer, especially because the max. he can get i believe around 6-7 mill. Humphries is a bad idea, he's a PF. Drafting a player like Ibaka is not easy. Also not easy to draft well when you always pick in the mid, high 20's, and when you have a top 5 pick, it's unfortunately 2004, not 2003. I wouldn't mind giving Novak a 2 million/year, anything more than that is overpaying, as he's a severely limited NBA player, he has one elit skill, stand-still 3 point shooting. Can't create, can't defend, can't pass.

I don't have a problem drafting high upside players who you can stash, sooner or later, one of them will pan out. This year though, i'd definitely go on a different route, this year's draft is really deep, we can get a player who can help in the rotation next year, maybe even a big if we're lucky.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #62
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

- More than likely Carter and Wright's team options will be opted in.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #63
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not posting the next 5 months worth of messages in one thread.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:51 AM   #64
Latarian Milton

Latarian Milton is on a distinguished road

if dirk retires & re-signs would it leave us some extra space to land another big name besides deron this offseason? we'd have enough room for two max signings and DH must be kicking himself for not opting out
Latarian Milton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #65
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
I'm not posting the next 5 months worth of messages in one thread.
Heh.. Good for you, I'll help.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #66
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latarian Milton View Post
if dirk retires & re-signs would it leave us some extra space to land another big name besides deron this offseason? we'd have enough room for two max signings and DH must be kicking himself for not opting out
Even if that'd be possible... why should Dirk do it? So the frontoffice can f*ck him over again? If I'm Dirk, I wouldn't trust in us landing that many big fish.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #67
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

see you guys in november
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:02 AM   #68
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd sounds done in Dallas. Talks about the idea of playing with dwill ...in Brooklyn. Said he will listen to Cuban first though and see what he has to say.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #69
nodir41

nodir41 has a spectacular aura aboutnodir41 has a spectacular aura aboutnodir41 has a spectacular aura about

only way i trust Cuban again would be:

Trade Beabouis, Terry, Odom, Jones in exchange for a good SG

sign Deron Williams, chris Kaman

amnesty Haywood
nodir41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #70
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Kidd sounds done in Dallas. Talks about the idea of playing with dwill ...in Brooklyn. Said he will listen to Cuban first though and see what he has to say.
Kidd wants to play for the Avery now?
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #71
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41creepingdeath View Post
Even if that'd be possible... why should Dirk do it? So the frontoffice can f*ck him over again? If I'm Dirk, I wouldn't trust in us landing that many big fish.
Yes, Dirk is so wary of being screwed over again. Oh wait, they WON THE DAMN TITLE LAST YEAR! So no intelligent person would ever accuse the Mavs of screwing him over. And yet here we are.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #72
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Yes, Dirk is so wary of being screwed over again. Oh wait, they WON THE DAMN TITLE LAST YEAR! So no intelligent person would ever accuse the Mavs of screwing him over. And yet here we are.
It's at times like these that I really wish that the rep system allowed me to plus-rep the same guy back-to-back. Must spread it around, I guess.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #73
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Quote:
Hey, I'm not saying it was a clearly wrong decision to let go of 3 of our championship guys. But Dirk took a huge paycut, and we used it by giving Brenda a huge contract? Anyhow, you could definitely argue that Dirk's getting screwed over if the whole Deron plan doesn't work out.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #74
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41creepingdeath View Post
Hey, I'm not saying it was a clearly wrong decision to let go of 3 of our championship guys. But Dirk took a huge paycut, and we used it by giving Brenda a huge contract? Anyhow, you could definitely argue that Dirk's getting screwed over if the whole Deron plan doesn't work out.
We didn't give him a huge contract. We gave him a very reasonable contract for the way he was playing at the time (and really, for how he played most of this season).

His contract isn't great in the context of the new CBA, but at the time we had no other center and he was a free agent. Getting him for the contract we did was actually a pretty impressive move.

And no, there is no argument to be made that Dirk is getting screwed over. None.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 05-07-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #75
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, I can't see a way in which Dirk is getting screwed over.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #76
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

This thread brought me out of semi-retirement.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #77
41creepingdeath

Quote:
We didn't give him a huge contract. We gave him a very reasonable contract for the way he was playing at the time (and really, for how he played most of this season).

His contract isn't great in the context of the new CBA, but at the time we had no other center and he was a free agent. Getting him for the contract we did was actually a pretty impressive move.

And no, there is no argument to be made that Dirk is getting screwed over. None.
Well, agree to disagree, then.

Tags
self-fulfilling threadecy