Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-16-2005, 12:24 AM   #1
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Home vs Road

Anyone care to explain why the Mavs play so poorly at home?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2005, 12:41 AM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Home vs Road

They wanted to reverse the trend from last year?
Old 03-16-2005, 12:42 AM   #3
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

Bad Home record vs. Road record is just another way of saying a team is inconsistant. You don't know what your gonna get from one night to the next. It is an anomaly brought about by having a very, very talented but inconsistant team.

Inconsitant players and player rotation leads to erractic, frustrating and inconsistant play.

See VanHorn and Quis for inconsistant players. Good play followed by bad play. Repeat and Rinse.
See Center and 6th man out of the lineup. Two areas that give consistantcy to GOOD teams.
See Star Players Dirk and Fin taken out of the offensive flow by the above mentioned points.
See defense crumble as the only true center is hurt.
See odd rotations brought on by injuries and Mad Scientist coaching.
See frustrated very talented team teetering on the edge of recovering or falling into the abyss of bad chemistry.
See very talented PG languish on the bench for minor infractions while very talented SG gets away with murder.
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:44 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

They have it too easy at home. I wish the Mavs would remove the playstations, lush carpet and all of the attention diverting perks in the lockerroom for home games. I know that isn't the reason why, but there certainly are a lot of distractions at home like this.

I'd love for Cubes to strip the lockers and put the players up in a cheap motel before the next game.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:45 AM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban better do something. He, more than anyone keeps his eyes on the bottom line and if we continue to have a losing record at home (2-3 with the only wins being struggles against Toronto and New Orleans), people will start to question their ticket sales.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:19 AM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well tonight was the first night I've heard boo-birds either forever or in quite a while. Also the team just doesn't blow anyone out, it's a grind and the fans expect it to be a grind all of the time. Even when the mavs go on a little run, the fans are expecting them to back up..

There is some bad karma at the AAC right now. The team doesn't seem to feed on the fans at all.

Althgoough the booing did sort of wake-em-up.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:41 AM   #7
StrikerV

StrikerV will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Home vs Road

maybe more booing will make them feel like they are on the road facing adversity.

BOO AWAY!
StrikerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:07 AM   #8
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

Nothing pisses me off more than Booing a good team. I feel like the fans at the AAC are very fairweather. Last year I was at a game against the Hawk and the mavs were getting beat by Steven Jackson and JET and the Boo birds came out. I could not have been more pissed off at the fans, considering we had the best home record in the league last year. Once the mavs started to make a comeback... the same booing fans all the sudden love the mavs again, it made me sick. I think we lost by one point.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:31 AM   #9
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

see '02-03
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:38 AM   #10
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

sometimes the home team needs to be booed.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:19 AM   #11
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

But not when they're giving the effort on the court, like it looked to me like they were doing last night.