Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-08-2004, 08:57 AM   #1
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about
Default newcomer question

I'm pretty new to this board.. I've been here for a little over a month. And I have one question: there seems to be some kind of hype, or "responsibility" in starting the gameday threads... as if it matters if the starter of the thread predicts right or not. I'm just kind of curious cause I hear people saying things like "thanks for stepping up and starting the thread". Could someone explain this to me? Thanks
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2004, 09:45 AM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:newcomer question

Some people are considered to bring good luck when starting the game day thread, and others are considered to bring bad luck. Simple as that. OP keeps stats of these things.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:48 AM   #3
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

So start the next one mavsman and you can start undefeated!
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:13 AM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: newcomer question

To start a gameday thead is a very serious thing, 55. You have to be very concentrated (not be thinking in the dancers, for example), to have (or make) a mojo with you (it works better if they are two), like an old not-washed-in-years-and-still-using-the-weekends Mavericks jersey, or to confine your wife in the other room (with the dog works better), but before make sure that she put enough beer in the fridge, than you have to write a very optimistic post like "we will squash the Lakers with our small-Nellie-ball!" or "Bradley will play more than 7 minutes tonight". After starting the gameday thread, disappear for two days, and come back only if the Mavs won and enjoy the praise. Don't even think to do it for two months if they lost!

Don't worry, trying is the first step towards failure.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:01 PM   #5
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Haha, alright. Thanks for the down-low, guys.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:12 PM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

There are rules, however. You cannot start a gameday thread until the day of the game. Period. No exceptions.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 06:14 PM   #7
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Also if u start the gameday thread and mavs lose you will be executed.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:22 PM   #8
mavsman55
Platinum Member

So basically, never start a gameday thread. got it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2004, 10:33 PM   #9
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I respect that you took notice of this, and are willing to act accordingly. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2004, 05:21 AM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsman55
So basically, never start a gameday thread. got it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
this season is already reserved too it seems. MFF has done a phenomenal job of dividing up labor amongst those of us with a proven record.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 02:23 PM   #11
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: newcomer question

I remember when was just graduated and looking for a job, in every place where I applied for a job, and they were many, they told me the same thing, that I needed experience. How could I have experience if I was just graduated? How all of the rest who were already working got that experience if they didn't have it when were just graduated?

After many tries I was very frustrated and had to do something: I modified my resume and put the laboratory courses, the homeworks made in companies, and the social service made during the career, as work experience, and I got a job very soon. I didn't lie, but neither I told them that I didn't receive any payment for that experience. Wonder if the other guys did the same thing with their resume for getting their first job.

Maybe 55 can start a gameday thread if he gives us his word that he already has started a gameday thread in other site and that his team won. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]