Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-18-2003, 01:38 AM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sorry mods... but I had to respond.

Quote:
Where in the last few gameday threads have I even posted much at all anyway, since you are throwing comments like this out U2? Please tell me, because I do not remember posting that much in the last few gameday threads.
The last few weeks you have seemed to only come in at the end, I will give you that. Three quarters of stress free football, thank you very much QCarFan.

Quote:
lets just be serious guys, some of you dont like quincy. i know one of the key reasons why, i wont go there but lets be honest. you dont like the guy, and its killing you to see him leading the cowboys to an 7-3 record and 1st place in the nfc east. maybe because you doubted him since day 1, or maybe the guy you want in there, he outplayed in every facet of the game.
I guess you are directing that at me???? I have been a Quincy Carter supporter from day one. The only time I even say something bad about him is when it is the truth (about his stats or his game play). I WANT him to get better. And your "i know one of the key reasons why, i wont go there but lets be honest...." comment, I have to assume you are talking race here. If you are insinuating that I don't like the guy (which first of all is BS because I do like him) because he is Black that is the most idiotic statement I have heard. And I do not appreciate the insinuation. If that is not what you meant, please tell me what you meant and I will apologize. But don't come on here and try to throw junk like that out leading people to believe I am a racist. I am no racist, sir.
Quote:
but again U2, please show the facts of me messing up any gameday threads, since you say I do it every stinking time as you put it. lets see some facts, or from this point on do not make comments you cannot back up
What that meant was that when you do come on, every stinking time, you stress me out. And quite frankly, it is not fun when you do.

I am certain that this thread will get locked, but I had to respond to this post.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:12 AM   #2
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Sorry mods... but I had to respond.

The race insinuation always come out when someone is backtracking U2. We all know better.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:18 AM   #3
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

QCAR FAN , You need to stop making such comments. We are here to discuss in an intelligent way. If you do not realize, we also criticize Dirk if he has a bad game. This site is the best place to talk sports. I hope you start realizing that and think twice before posting anything that directly or indirectly points to race.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:20 AM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Let's look at the Quincy Carter issue.

There is a history of racial discrimination by the Dallas fan base in Pro sports. That certainly doesn't mean that all or even most fans racially discriminate, but that a larger than normal (for a city with several major sports franchises) percentage have.

There are legitimate reasons to both like and dislike Quincy Carter irrespective of race.

Does anyone not think that some of the Mavs players like Dirk or Shawn Bradley might get different treatment from media, refs, fans because of race? Like the old saying Sh!t happens. Now does this mean it's OK to just blantantly play the race card. IMO no.

Now to QCarFan. Many have a problem with his posts. I have had a problem with his posts in the past. Just because you don't like his posts, does not give you free reign to personally attack him or any other poster whose posts you disagree with.

So. Criticize the posts and not the poster. Keep personal insults out of the threads. And do not sidetrack posts by taking it into a discussion of a posters style or lack thereof. If you don't like a post either ignore it or respond to the post and explain why you feel it is invalid, ridiculous, etc. But do it in a respectful manner.

If someone is constantly talking a thread off topic, report it to a mod. Any mod. There is a little link on each post to do this. Use it. If the mods decide that the poster is misbehaving we will take action. Just becaue you don't visibly see action doesn't mean action isn't being taken.

Now we need everyone and I do mean everyone included in this controversy to growup and act like adults an d not a bunch of spoiled kids. Irregardless of whatever another poster might do, it is incumbent on each of us to act in a mature manner consistent with the community standards of Dallas-Mavs.com. This goes for both sides of this disagreement and any other. Most of us are adults, all of us should try to act like mature adults.