Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-14-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Will JJ Redick the drunk fall to us in the draft?

Do you take him if he does?
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2006, 10:49 AM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

There's the back thing to consider also, apparently.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:51 AM   #3
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really think we need any more swingmen.. I'd rather draft a backup 4/5 for a few minutes behind Dirk and the two headed monster..
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:04 PM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Even with the back thing I doubt he'll fall to us. I kind of expect Utah to take him. Even if he does, I don't take him. We have other needs to take care of, and he isn't a good fit here. He wouldn't fit into Avery's system very well.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:26 PM   #5
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

Interesting topic - I'd take him if I knew Daniels could be shipped somewhere. But yeah, I've read Utah likes him.
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:32 PM   #6
Knickfan

Knickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the rough

If someone who shoots this well falls this low, YOU HAVE to take him.
Knickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:03 PM   #7
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

If Pj Tucker is available, you have to take him. Redick can't do anything else particularly well.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:50 PM   #8
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

He won't fall to us. His recent arrest makes him a lock for Portland at #4

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:37 AM   #9
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Hah ha. There are odd rumors flying around about Redick and his dating "habits." Probably best to stay away because I don't think I can take him seriously if he played here.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:56 AM   #10
mattyd
Banned

Haven't heard them...what exactly are his "habits"?
Old 06-21-2006, 12:41 PM   #11
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd
Haven't heard them...what exactly are his "habits"?
He dates nuns.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:42 PM   #12
mattyd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
He dates nuns.
Somehow I don't think that's it...but that would be juicy. But I want the real gossip!
Old 06-21-2006, 12:46 PM   #13
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know all that much about his dating habits.

I do know that his BAC was higher than his field goal percentage in the month of March.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 06-21-2006, 12:55 PM   #14
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I think you take him in a heartbeat. He is a terrific shooter. Terrific. The Mavs desperately need someone at the swing position that can shoot the ball from outside. They also desperately need a point guard. Terry is a nice player but should play a Vinnie Johnson type role as a super scorer off the bench. He could do the point a minute type thing. The Mavs need a point that can dish the ball, control the tempo and play great defense. I also want to see Daniels and Howard both improve dramatically. Redick would be a nice addition to this team though the Mavs have a LOT of weak areas.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:58 PM   #15
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think you take him in a heartbeat. He is a terrific shooter. Terrific.
Steve Alford.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:00 PM   #16
FINtastic
Diamond Member

More like overrated shooter. He spent his first three years hovering around 40% from the field. "Terrific shooters" don't do that.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 06-21-2006, 01:05 PM   #17
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Okay, I never wanted him in the first place. I don't think he'll fall that far anyway. The game is also much different than when Alford played. I really want to see the Mavs draft a guy that can handle the ball very well. I have just about given up on all of the Mavs guards right now.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #18
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
He won't fall to us. His recent arrest makes him a lock for Portland at #4

Haha I live near portland and this couldn't be any more right on.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:22 PM   #19
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP
I really want to see the Mavs draft a guy that can handle the ball very well. I have just about given up on all of the Mavs guards right now.
Well, you better not draft Redick then.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 06-21-2006, 07:55 PM   #20
GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
Well, you better not draft Redick then.
I think they take him if he is there. He easily would be the best player available. Personally, he is not what I think the Mavs need but in today's no defense allowed NBA he might be a lot better than most people think.