Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-02-2007, 08:01 AM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Devin Harris will what now?

Start, start, and start again! He saved us against SA last year and saved us last night. He and Dirk put the team on their backs and it payed off swimmingly.

Go Mavs

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2007, 08:22 AM   #2
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice

i love his spurts of just driving in and cant be stopped mode. when he gets in these phases seriously we're unstopable. he's quicker then anyone on the court, he can do what baron's been doing to us all series just blow by people. oh and the fact that he's making som big outside shots this year is def a plus, makes him even more deadly!
Old 05-02-2007, 08:34 AM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I worry about this kid. Avery is constantly building him up in his post game comments/game day comments talking about how he's an elite defender and blah blah blah. I know he's trying to build Devins confidence, and credibility with the officials, because Avery knows what we know: If Devin can stay on the floor, he can be VERY effective.

But I wonder if it's having the opposite effect. Sure I still believe that Harris gets the wrong end of the calls sometimes, but to be fair he's also hyper agressive sometimes on the defensive end, and it cost him last night. I hope he finds a balance, and soon. He really needs to stay on the floor. It's up to Avery to help him.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:39 AM   #4
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Devin and the Mavs in game 6 still need more of the same, take it to the hoop. Devin, has to try to cut down on his fouls, we are going to need him in the game.

Maybe one way is to double team Davis. Not saying we can do it all game, but when we did it in the fourth quarter, he (Davis) became an average player. Like they are trying to do to Dirk, make someone else beat us.

I loved Avery starting to play mind games in post game conference, telling the Warriors how heavy their arms are going to be, and the pressure is on them to learn how to close out a series. I think a lot was learned by the Mavs in this game.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:52 AM   #5
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Folks, last night we saw a new Devin Harris and the old Dirk Nowitzki in the last three minutes that we know can absolutely take over an NBA playoff game.

Great day to be a Mavs fan!!

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:02 AM   #6
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

hells ya
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:06 PM   #7
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

devin harris has been our second most important player all year.

by far.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:20 PM   #8
sw33t_baller69

sw33t_baller69 is on a distinguished road

devin harris and dirk all the way! cmmon lets kick davis (I hate how he has that beard doesn't suit him he looks like a rapist) and jackson's asses!! seriously!

Last edited by sw33t_baller69; 05-02-2007 at 11:22 PM.
sw33t_baller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:38 PM   #9
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Devin rocks. I love his aggression, his competitiveness, and his "I can't be stopped" mode. It also looks like he's getting much more confident in his jumper, and his ball handling has been much better.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:39 PM   #10
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

devin just keeps developing in front of our eyes. he seems to now have a good jump shot going so the defense has to adjust to that. He's the fastest guy in the league with barbosa so he can get in the paint at will. He is unstoppable when he wants to be. Obviously he is quite good on defense as well but a lot of calls don't go his way. He seems to get a lot of ticky tack fouls as well when defending the perimeter. I hope, with time, the calls will start to go his way and I think they will. We need him to play his game tomorrow and play it well for us to win.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:52 PM   #11
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Devin rocks. I love his aggression, his competitiveness, and his "I can't be stopped" mode. It also looks like he's getting much more confident in his jumper, and his ball handling has been much better.
yeah i don't cringe much anymore when he shoots. he hit a few big shots the other night.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:11 AM   #12
Thizzey Marley
Banned

Thizzey Marley has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i would say monta ellis rivals his speed....that block he had on him in game 3 was proof of that, but they are both pretty damn fast
Thizzey Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:09 AM   #13
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thizzey Marley
i would say monta ellis rivals his speed....that block he had on him in game 3 was proof of that, but they are both pretty damn fast
don't know the play you're talking about, because i was at work when that game was on, and i didn't bother to watch half of the DVR. but, keep in mind, it's easier to run fast when you're in a dead sprint, instead of dribbling or running a break.

Also, do you mean top velocity? or acceleration? because devin is in VERY select company when it comes to physical abilities of acceleration and changing speeds. Devin only needs to tune up when he changes those gears though, and he'll have a decisive advantage over 99% of the league, in a ginobliesque fashion.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:06 AM   #14
joemoeschmoe

joemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
devin harris has been our second most important player all year.

by far.
Say what? Ummm...I love Devin, but Josh is, was, and will be far more important.

Don't forget that Devin can only guard one player effectively on the Warriors - Ellis. And, its looking like Ellis will get very little minutes this next game. Its very odd to say this, but Devin is a defensive liability when he's on the floor. Everyone on the Warriors is just too strong for him. Then again, many Mavs are defensive liabilities in this series.
joemoeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:38 AM   #15
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

I think Devin should move into the starting lineup permanently. I'm not sure if Jason Terry is too well-paid to be a sixth man or not, but I really think that should be his role on this team next season if he's not moved. The Mavs might be best served by trading Jason for a quality shooting guard.
DevinFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:52 AM   #16
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinFuture
I think Devin should move into the starting lineup permanently. I'm not sure if Jason Terry is too well-paid to be a sixth man or not, but I really think that should be his role on this team next season if he's not moved. The Mavs might be best served by trading Jason for a quality shooting guard.
Welcome, brother.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote