Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-08-2003, 09:37 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Nellie was on Norm yesterday. D&M had several cuts on this morning. I confess I did not hear the actual interview. 3 cuts I heard.

1. I don't know if I will return as coach, yada yada yada. Basically, this article restates that part of the interview.

2. Finley is soft, doesn't play good defense, predictable, won't go to the hoop despite being encouraged by coaches, bad handles.

3. We will make moves in offseason and draft to fix obvious deficiencies of team, and we are not as tough or good as some teams.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2003, 09:41 AM   #2
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Can you please cut´n copy the Interview - don´t want to register.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:54 AM   #3
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

http://dallas-mavs.com/forums/messag...;threadid=8985

on my settings its the first post that MFF posted.

it may vary depending. but its title nelson unsure of future...
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 09:55 AM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< Can you please cut´n copy the Interview - don´t want to register. >>

SJ, the article is posted in the Paul Silas thread.

Over the last few months, Nelson hasn't had a good thing to say about Finley. The trips to the bench for long periods of time could be a signal Finley is out of here.

Frankly, I'm starting to wonder if Finley might want out himself.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:22 AM   #5
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Thanks. I share your concern, but on the other side, Finley seems to have lost many skills which made him so valuable over the recent seasons.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:04 PM   #6
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Why spend millions of dollars on posters and politicking to make fin an All-Star if he is soft and the only good thing he has going for him is an outside jumper?

Everyone on this board has been accused of knee-jerking in the past 2 days. It looks as if Nellie is just as bad at knee jerking. This team seems to be falling apart fast, and they shouldn't be. There needs to be more leadership instead of an awwshucks coach who tells his team that they are worse than any other team they happen to be playing.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 12:07 PM   #7
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

I hope Nellie wasn't so short-sighted as to be talking down the value of a player he intends to trade. I hope that was just his 1950s motivational approach rearing its ineffective head.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 01:08 PM   #8
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

It was too harsh, IMO. Isn't Finley still injured? I was listening and 1 though came into my head a la Uhmmmm..OK's post from way back. &quot;Go to the friggin hole you moron!&quot; How hard is it for Nellie to grab Fin (or Dirk for that matter) by the back of the neck in a timeout and say &quot;We are going to give you the ball; you are to drive to the basket and dunk, shoot a layup or draw contact. If you do not drive to the basket, I will pull your ass from this game until you tell Del or Donnie you will drive to the basket, because I won't want to talk to you. Do you understand me?&quot;
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 01:17 PM   #9
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Dooby- tough love is exactly what this team needs. Someone needs to drive the ball. It's obvious to everyone except Nellie. Also, should Del Harris stay here next year? he's supposed to be our 'defensive coordinator'. Aside from a zone defense that got implemented this year and has fallen apart since the all-star break, Del's contributions seem be negligible if anything.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote