Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 02-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I'm telling you guys, it's cheaper to just give $50,000 to hire an unemployed American. Only $580 billion to hire every one of the 11.6 million unemployed Americans if we do that.

Actually, then give $247 billion to me for coming up with this plan. So same price tag, but immediately fixes unemployment for 2009, carrying us through this next year that economists predict will be so terrible.

Hope for Wagyu First.
DirkFTW '10

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 02-09-2009 at 04:20 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
I'm telling you guys, it's cheaper to just give $50,000 to hire an unemployed American. Only $580 billion to hire every one of the 11.6 million unemployed Americans if we do that.

Actually, then give $247 billion to me for coming up with this plan. So same price tag, but immediately fixes unemployment for 2009, carrying us through this next year that economists predict will be so terrible.

Hope for Wagyu First.
DirkFTW '10
It wouldn't help enough union workers, push more people into welfare and get us closer to socialized medicine.

Except the racist, bigots and hicks who wouldn't vote for obama.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #3
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Except the racist, bigots and hicks who wouldn't vote for obama.
Careful saying things like that...you get in a pointless argument with...oh wait nevermind.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well this looks like a HECK of a stimulus. It will create a new bureaucracy, that should create some jobs.

Quote:
But the bill goes further. One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective. The goal is to reduce costs and “guide” your doctor’s decisions (442, 446). These provisions in the stimulus bill are virtually identical to what Daschle prescribed in his 2008 book, “Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis.” According to Daschle, doctors have to give up autonomy and “learn to operate less like solo practitioners.”
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-10-2009, 12:50 AM   #5
dude1394
Guru

How much pork can democrats shove down the american peoples throats...it appears...quite a bit.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123396676711659061.html
Quote:
To understand the problem with the stimulus bill, it helps to focus on specific parts. Take the $142 billion for schools, which is nearly double the total outlays of the Department of Education in 2007. Now consider that much of this cash would go to public-school systems that don't even need the money for its earmarked purposes.
Quote:
The Milwaukee Public School system, for example, would receive $88.6 million over two years for new construction projects under the House version of the stimulus — even though the district currently has 15 vacant school buildings and declining enrollment. Between 1990 and 2008, inflation-adjusted MPS spending rose by 35%, per-pupil spending increased by 36% and state aid grew by 58%. Over the same period, enrollment fell by a percentage point and is projected to continue falling, leaving the system with enough excess capacity for some 22,000 students.

Tags
duder's pckg is in fluffy, stimulus grows my package, touch my stimulus package