Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-13-2006, 05:39 AM   #1
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all
Default Mavericks point guards still nursing injuries

Mavericks point guards still nursing injuries

Harris might not play because of his thigh; Terry has thumb issue

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

Avery Johnson sounded more optimistic about Devin Harris' sore right thigh than the point guard felt about the injury.

Harris went through part of practice on Sunday, but said he still doesn't feel right when he stretches out his thigh on long sprints up and down the floor. While Johnson is hopeful Harris can play tonight against New York, Harris sounded a little more cautious.

"There's not much changed," Harris said. "I practiced a little, and it still felt a little sore. We'll see how it feels. I know we're a little banged up at the position."

Starter Jason Terry has been fighting a bruised right thumb. He's been wearing a wrap to protect it during games.

Even if Harris plays he might not be full strength, and his absence in Denver punctuated his importance to the Mavericks.

"Devin's a big part of what we're doing here," Johnson said. "We need him to be himself."

The mental edge: The Mavericks pored over film of Friday's loss at Denver, and Johnson said the Mavericks really only had two problem areas:

Mental and physical.

"We looked like we were still asleep when we showed up," he said. "But it could have been mental more than anything. I read body language and that look in our eyes – we just didn't have it."

But the defense that is as much about effort also was a problem.

"We thought we had a lot of slippage defensively against the Nuggets," he said. "It was probably one of our worst defensive ratings of the season. But they caused a lot of that."

Briefly: Trade rumors will be circulating over the next 10 days before the deadline. While the Mavericks have been called by numerous teams, including Denver regarding Kenyon Martin, they are expected to be bystanders this trade season. ... The Mavericks' Tux and Tennies gala Saturday night produced the usual amount of revelry and laughs. The highlight, though, came when a night out with Johnson and his wife, Cassandra, was auctioned for $300,000. Three different people offered $100,000 apiece, as long as Marquis Daniels' top hat and cane were thrown in. Not sure which of the three bidders gets to keep the limo, which was part of the package. ... The Mavericks are offering a limited number of Valentine's Day deliveries. Visit www.mavs.com for details.
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2006, 11:46 AM   #2
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Vanhorn for K-Mart ?
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #3
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I rather have a three point shooter with size than take on that headcase, but that's just me.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:00 PM   #4
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

This trade works:

Dallas gives: VanHorn
Nuggets give: K-Mart and Voshon Lenard.

I read reports earlier in the season that Denver was looking to move Voshon. He has to be included in the deal to make it work salary wise.

Our lineup:

Diop/ Damp
Dirk/ Kenyon
Howard/ Stackhouse
Griffin/ Daniels/ Lenard
Terry/ Harris

Wow! Our second string would be better than most teams 1st string lineups. Denver gets a good playerin the meantime and potential cap relief. The Mavs get even more energy and athleticism coming off of the bench. Not to mention we would have someone that could match up with Amare in the future as well as Duncan, Brand etc...

I say we get this trade done now. Considering the potential cap relief Denver gets I think KVH would be enough, but I would throw in a future second rounder if I had to.

edit: Not to mention Kenyon Martin is from Dallas. I think he would love playing here...even if it meant coming off of the bench as our sixth man. Plus..I hate the idea of Dirk playing Center but if he had to then I would much rather see a Dirk-K-Mart combo on the court than a Dirk-KVH

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 02-13-2006 at 12:03 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:14 PM   #5
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Note: As to not hijack this thread I have started a new thread on this possible trade over in the Trade and Draft board.

Hope Harris recovers quickly.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 02-13-2006, 06:52 PM   #6
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

you think kmart and stackhouse would be okay with not starting? and isn't Denver looking to trade Lenard to give the guy a chance for more playing time on another team?

Contact Me
Old 02-13-2006, 07:04 PM   #7
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Honestly, I dont think Lenard is going to get much playing time anywhere. And even if that was the case, (which I think you're right about that) I don't think Denver would let that stop them from making a move.

Old 02-13-2006, 07:06 PM   #8
alby
Guru

Lenard would be a great piece for the Mavericks IMO, he can be our Steve Kerr so to speak. I don't want any part of K-Mart however, especially since he plays the same position as our best player.

Contact Me
Old 02-13-2006, 07:15 PM   #9
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Diop still only gets 10-15 minutes a game. Any way there isn't a snowball's chance that kiki trades Martin for nothing. He looked healthy to me on Friday night. If Denver acquired a good shooting guard they would be very dangerous. The mavs aren't going to trade stackhouse.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:17 PM   #10
alby
Guru

Agreed, there's no way we are going to trade away our best 2 for a backup 4.

Contact Me
Old 02-13-2006, 07:17 PM   #11
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

No freakin way we take on K-Mart's mammoth contract just so he can come off our bench. I've heard some ridiculous trade speculation, but this one is a real whopper. Kenyon may have lit us up a few days ago, but he's still got a bum knee and isn't the player he used to be.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:40 PM   #12
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Lenard would be a great piece for the Mavericks IMO, he can be our Steve Kerr so to speak. .
If we're looking to add a solid perimeter shooter who could chip in few useful minutes a game, SG Wesley Person, SG Casey Jacobsen, and SF Glenn Robinson are still floating around as FA's. We wouldn't have to give up anyone, all we'd have to do is waive Powell or Marshall...
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote