Old 06-22-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
Amorphis

Amorphis has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Bob Ryan Article

Taken from the Boston Globe:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...but_mavericks/

"Nobody to Blame But Mavericks"

A couple parts from the article:

"Cuban's officiating obsession is now officially out of control. Complaining about the officials? Now there's a novel concept, huh? Everyone complains about the officials. They always have and they always will. Officiating an NBA game is a skill, perhaps even an art, and some people are gifted with judgment others will simply never possess. But it is not, and never can be what Cuban wants it to be -- a science. All officials, like all of us, are flawed to a certain degree, and the best you can ask of them is to try their best, which they all do.".......

"Now we had Cuban, the bombastic, emotional owner of the Mavericks, orchestrating a crowd of 20,000 in opposition to the officials. Each time a call is made against the Mavericks, he stared intently at the big screen to see the replay. Invariably, he reacted to what he had seen by a) making a face, b) shaking his head vigorously, c) making a face while shaking his head vigorously, or d) spinning wildly while making a face and shaking his head vigorously. You didn't see him nod his head in grudging agreement with the call too often, I can tell you that.

Everyone in the building was watching him, and so he established a climate of victimization. See? They're out to get us."

Whether you like Bob Ryan or not, I think he's dead on with this article here.

Last edited by Amorphis; 06-22-2006 at 10:58 AM.
Amorphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2006, 11:01 AM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yes a guy in Boston thinks he's funny doing schtick describing Mark Cuban watching replays.

woopty doo
Old 06-22-2006, 11:04 AM   #3
Amorphis

Amorphis has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Those were just the parts I posted. As you can see, there is a link above that goes directly to the entire article which touches on other areas.
Amorphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:12 AM   #4
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorphis
If anyone would called you a stupid little jerk, I'd think he'd be dead on with that.

If anyone would tell you to piss of, I'd support that opinion in any case.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:26 AM   #5
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorphis
I think the hyper-focus on Mark Cuban is useful for selling papers to douchebag morons such as yourself, but otherwise dead-off.

Cheers
Old 06-22-2006, 11:27 AM   #6
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Now we had Cuban, the bombastic, emotional owner of the Mavericks, orchestrating a crowd of 20,000 in opposition to the officials.
Orchestrating a crowd of 20,000? Stupid comment. I never once looked at Cuban to see how he reacted during the game. Our tickets are in the corner above the Mavs bench. If I wanted to watch Cuban I'd have a very good view. But who goes to games to watch Cuban? Dumb. Anyway, Cuban does whine too much, but I would rather have a whiny owner and be an elite team than have an owner who doesn't give a crap and be a bottom feeder.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #7
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I do think the Mavs allowed themselves to become the victim. I don't know if it was art imitating life or life imitating art kind of thing. I do know that sports teams can never, ever get into the mindset of being victimized. It invariably leads to failure. I certainly can't say this happened here as I wasn't in the locker room or have never spoken to the players. I'd bet that Ryan is just full of crap. The real story here should be HOW to prevent this kind of thing from happening again. A couple more games decided like the 2003 Sacramento Lakers series will mean a lot of lost customers and possibly trouble with the law. Congress might get interested and then the NBA would really have problems.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #8
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

I'm sure Jason Kidd's wife thinks he's hilarious. Again.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:54 PM   #9
victornewman

victornewman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp
I would rather have a whiny owner and be an elite team than have an owner who doesn't give a crap and be a bottom feeder.
Amen brother.
victornewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:00 PM   #10
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp
but I would rather have a whiny owner and be an elite team than have an owner who doesn't give a crap and be a bottom feeder.

ala Portland and Paul Allen.

Trust me, you guys would rather have Cuban.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:30 AM   #11
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by victornewman
Amen brother.
just so you know, I'm a sister.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote