Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-02-2004, 10:06 PM   #1
philb7777

philb7777 is on a distinguished road
Default NFFL!

NFFL! Nash Fan for Life! My kids today 'changed' their MFFL shirts with a magic marker to NFFL. I don't blame them. You can't hide this - Nash really had no option; sign with the Mavs and likely be traded away, or play at his second home with more money. Nash was done dirty on this deal. Keeping quiet and playing all the time he could have thrown a fit and tried to hold out. He expected better, Mr. Cuban, and thought you would treat him like Dirk and Finley by extending his contract last year. It never happened and the writing was on the wall 12 months ago. Shame on you.
philb7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2004, 10:09 PM   #2
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE:NFFL!

Dirk isn't 30 and Finley can still log 40mpg
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:17 PM   #3
philb7777

philb7777 is on a distinguished road

Agreed. But anyone who thinks Finley is more valuable to the Mavs in the grand scheme of things compared to what Nash would have been is flat wrong in my opinion.

NFFL!
philb7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:32 PM   #4
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: philb7777
Agreed. But anyone who thinks Finley is more valuable to the Mavs in the grand scheme of things compared to what Nash would have been is flat wrong in my opinion.

NFFL!
Your opinion and you are welcome to it.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:35 PM   #5
ISmellmyTshirts

ISmellmyTshirts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: DubOverdose
Dirk isn't 30 and Finley can still log 40mpg
I love Finley.. But what He gives you in 40 Nash gives you in 30...
"I recently learned that in an average lifetime a person walks about sixty-five thousand miles. That's two and half times around the world. I wonder where your steps will take you. I wonder how you'll use the rest of the miles you're given." --Mr. Rogers
ISmellmyTshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:52 PM   #6
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: NFFL!

According to the interview today on GAC, it sounded like mavs did try to give him a contract extension during the season and NAsh wanted to test the free agency before that. So we cannot blame mavs org. for not trying .
Old 07-03-2004, 08:00 AM   #7
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

What a pity.
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:10 AM   #8
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

NFFL!
Agreed. Don't take this the wrong way people... Finley and Nash are both great players... but who would you rather keep on our roster right now? An all-star PG or an all-star SG? I'd say that a PG that knows what he's doing would benefit us more than just easy points from the SG position.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:21 AM   #9
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

NFFL!

Well, it doesn't really matter who the MAVS thinks is most valuable, because only one of these players was a free agent this year. Its not as if the Mavs were making a choice between Finley and Nash. Secondly, Cuban e-mailed Jr. Miller yesterday and addressed the difference between Finley's free agency period and this time around. According to Cubes, at the time he signed Finley to his deal, NOBODY wanted to have anything to do with the Mavs and he was trying to send a signal to Finley and the rest of the league that he intended on being loyal to his players.

As for Nash leaving, after mulling it over these past 24 hours, I've reached the seemingly obvious conclusion that Nash just didn't want to play here any longer - he wanted to play somewhere else PERIOD. If he had been genuine about his intention to stay with the Mavs, I don't think the decision would have been made this quickly. All the garbage about wanting to spend the rest of his career playing with Dirk - blatant posturing on his part. I'm convinced the guy just didn't want to be here anymore.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:30 AM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

That signal that Mark was intending to send out with Finley really sent shock waves through the free agency market the past few years. Whatever his reasoning was, it wasn't sound when he decided to overpay Finley. What was his excuse for overpaying Lafrentz?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:35 AM   #11
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
That signal that Mark was intending to send out with Finley really sent shock waves through the free agency market the past few years. Whatever his reasoning was, it wasn't sound when he decided to overpay Finley. What was his excuse for overpaying Lafrentz?
If I remember correctly, the reasoning was that there was no luxury tax in place at the time of Raef's contract.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:40 AM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

That is still poor logic on his part. You still don't bid against yourself to drive the price up for absolutely no reason.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote