Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-12-2007, 02:25 PM   #1601
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i really liked the Angels and Airwaves album, DeLonge's new project.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:53 AM   #1602
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i really liked the Angels and Airwaves album, DeLonge's new project.
It's...okay. I guess I'm a little biased considering it was DeLonge's faggot greed that broke up blink. +44's a little more like blink, and offers a bit more variety than Angels. There's some electronic stuff on the +44 album, some punk rock, some pop stuff...great album.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:21 PM   #1603
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

Primus-Pork Soda
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:55 PM   #1604
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, i've just always like delonge's sound. not sure why, cause it's often a whiny voice, but hoppus just seems so plain in comparison.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:02 PM   #1605
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

New Kanye West/John Mayer single - Bitter Sweet
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:06 PM   #1606
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

The Cure - Greatest Hits
White Stripes - Icky Thump, The White Stripes
Jay-Z - The Blueprint 2: The Gift and the Curse
Archictecture in Helsinki - Places Like This

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:48 PM   #1607
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

you get the leaked icky thump, salt? it comes out officially next week, right?
Old 06-13-2007, 09:56 PM   #1608
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Dirty pretty things
Libertines
The Fratellis
She wants revenge
Shout out louds
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:24 PM   #1609
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
you get the leaked icky thump, salt? it comes out officially next week, right?
Indeed.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:56 AM   #1610
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

got icky thump yeterday. i like it. amazing what they do with just a drum set and a guitar (most of the time).
Old 06-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #1611
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I love when circuit city has a "all cds for $9.99" sale. picked up a few i'd been wanting.
BBL, I snagged the new Wilco a few weeks back myself... gotta say it isn't really sticking with me yet, but maybe I haven't given it enough time.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:59 AM   #1612
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, but i've never really felt that way with any of their stuff (even Yankee Hotel Foxtrot). They never blow me away or anything like that on the first listen. it takes a while, but then i end up loving it. there's some solid tracks on Sky Blue Sky.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:13 AM   #1613
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Sarah Reddington
Tapes 'n Tapes - The Loon
Ghostland Observatory - Paparazzi Lightning
Beatles - White Album
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:41 AM   #1614
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

The Doors. Im rediscovering Jim Morrison.
Sparta
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Heard from a friend. Tight.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:13 PM   #1615
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

"Letters to the Editor Vol. 1" Andrew Osenga

download it free at www.andrewosenga.com

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:32 PM   #1616
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
got icky thump yeterday. i like it. amazing what they do with just a drum set and a guitar (most of the time).
Lots of extra instrumentation on this album. More marimba (holdover from GBMS), and now adding Bagpipes!

Old 06-21-2007, 08:33 PM   #1617
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Sky Blue Sky seems to be a perfect album for what it is trying to achieve. It seems to be a easy going folk-rock record that you can put on during a lazy afternoon outside. It's fantastic in that aspect. Wilco (Tweedy) is so damn good.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:48 PM   #1618
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Gorillaz - Real Rarities
Amy Whitehouse - Frank
Recipe for Tasty Donuts - full length samples from J Dilla's Donuts
Kanye West - Can't Tell Me Nothing
Old 06-21-2007, 08:59 PM   #1619
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Bone Broke, Icky Thump, Little Cream Soda, slowly turning into you, martyr.... I can't get enough of this album.

Both of my thumbs way up.

Heck, my CD player cries when I try to take it out to listen to another CD..... it's THAT good.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:26 PM   #1620
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
"Letters to the Editor Vol. 1" Andrew Osenga

download it free at www.andrewosenga.com
Not bad. not bad at all. I really like what they did with his acoustic in the studio. It sounds really nice. "Swing wide the glimmering gates" is good strong.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:16 PM   #1621
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, salt, that's why i said "most of the time". i loved the bagpipes.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #1622
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Multiply - Jamie Lidell
You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore vol. 2 - Frank Zappa
Room For Squares - John Mayer

everyone should check out jamie lidell.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:07 AM   #1623
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Timbaland

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:28 AM   #1624
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Amy Winehouse.

I've never bought a female artist's cd before. That being said, her album is really good. From the first to last track. If anyone's interested, she did a live show for VH1.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:41 AM   #1625
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

dirno,

How'd you feel about the Kanye tape? I thought some of the stuff he's doing for Common and Talib sound cool, but anything that is his own was boring and/or annoying. I guess "Stronger" is supposed to be his lead single off the new album, which strikes me as really weird. Kanye's strength seems to come from his producing. While his producing is definitely sample-heavy, it usually isn't as defined a sample as "Stronger" has. (Daft Punk's "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger")

Old 06-22-2007, 12:38 PM   #1626
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
dirno,

How'd you feel about the Kanye tape? I thought some of the stuff he's doing for Common and Talib sound cool, but anything that is his own was boring and/or annoying. I guess "Stronger" is supposed to be his lead single off the new album, which strikes me as really weird. Kanye's strength seems to come from his producing. While his producing is definitely sample-heavy, it usually isn't as defined a sample as "Stronger" has. (Daft Punk's "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger")
I like Stronger. Kind if different for a rap album but I liked it the first time i heard it. I've never heard of Daft Punk so I'll have to check out the original version. I've been getting into tracking down original samples.

As far as the mix CD you're right, Common's stuff is better but I wouldn't totally discount Kanye. I used to refuse to listen to him because I thought he was just another Puffy. After being forced to listen in a friend’s car I now think he actually has something. His style is bland and kind of boring but lyrically I think he's pretty good and his subject matter is usually interesting.

I also like the interlude tracks. The one where he talks about how Rick Ruben can go to the AVN's but Kanye has to sit at home and watch porn is hilarious. His version of Young Folks where he discusses the Rolling Stone interview and the controversial cover is good too.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:23 AM   #1627
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

I thought the Young Folks track was a beating, but to each his own. He's always been ludicrously cocky, but his whole act is starting to wear thin on me.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:54 PM   #1628
The German Assasin

The German Assasin will become famous soon enough

PANTERA GREAT SOUTHERN TRENDKILL
Old 06-24-2007, 01:15 AM   #1629
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I bought INCUBUS pit tickets today!!!!

The only way to see a show at smirnoff is in the pit. I CANNOT WAIT!!!
If you have the means, I highly recommend going. Even if it's just lawn tickets. Incubus is a fantastic fantastic fantastic band live. Really really good stuff. I just wish the Bronco Bowl still existed.....good incubus memories, and many others...

Last edited by Flacolaco; 06-24-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:11 PM   #1630
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Brazos
Pavement - Brighten the Corners
Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor
Old 06-28-2007, 04:27 AM   #1631
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
The Go! Team - Grip Like A Vice EP

Old 06-29-2007, 07:32 PM   #1632
dirno2000
Diamond Member

I was watching season 2 of Grey's Anatomy on DVD (yea, I know...it's gay) when a song that they were playing in the background caught my ear. The chorus was the line: "It puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again" from Silence of the Lambs.

Anybody know what that was?
Old 07-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #1633
untitled
Golden Member

Okkervil River - Don't Fall in Love with Everyone You See
Bonnie "Prince" Billy - I See a Darkness
Muddy Waters - Best of...
Interpol - Our Love to Admire
Old 07-10-2007, 12:19 AM   #1634
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist - Doomsday Clock and United States
Old 07-10-2007, 08:32 PM   #1635
untitled
Golden Member

St. Vincent - Marry Me
Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
Old 07-10-2007, 10:47 PM   #1636
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

roger sanchez!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:17 PM   #1637
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

andrew osenga

free download at http://www.andrewosenga.com/blog/let...-editor-vol-1/

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 07-10-2007 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:27 AM   #1638
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Tool - Sober
Nirvana - Where did you sleep last night?
Nine Inch Nails - Hurt
Colin Hay - Overkill
Metallica - Fade to Black
Stone Sour - Bother
Cold - Bleed
Slipknot - Vermilion pt.2
Smile Empty Soul - This is War
Staind - Black (Pearl Jam Cover live)
Old 07-13-2007, 07:39 AM   #1639
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Spoon - same album as untitled...

Gotta love the bands coming from Austin!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 07-13-2007 at 07:40 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:37 AM   #1640
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
still beautiful...and still in the player

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here