Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-08-2013, 12:51 AM   #321
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it's just a low bar considering our last SG was OJ "butterfingers" Mayo
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2013, 12:52 AM   #322
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ellis with 22pts
Ellis should have 20 points and Dirk with 30 points.

Quote:
0:45 Monta Ellis makes 12-foot two point shot
Yet Dirk was the one who made the shot... the one legged fadeaway.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:53 AM   #323
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

GhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enoughGhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post

WTF, I just noticed that. That's messed up! Dirk actually had 12 4th quarter points. They need to fix that.
GhostOfAdamMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:56 AM   #324
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAdamMorrison View Post
WTF, I just noticed that. That's messed up! Dirk actually had 12 4th quarter points. They need to fix that.
I'm dying over here.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:00 AM   #325
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

GhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enoughGhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I'm dying over here.
I said I love Starbucks.

Last edited by Bayliss; 12-08-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #326
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'm obviously a huge Portland fan.

Seriously, though... go through and read your posts in this thread. You sound insane and you have major anger issues. And you have a really weird obsession with Dirk. I mean, we're all fans here.. but chill.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #327
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm sure you're accustomed to incompetence, you faux hipster Portland fan. I bet you get all kinds of orders wrong at Starbucks.
I assure that there is nothing "faux" about the hipsters in Portland.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:06 AM   #328
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
That is weird. That was his finest work and they messed it up. Basically the dagger, in most normal situations, when 2 threes plus a TO on an intensional foul situation don't happen.

Last edited by Dim499; 12-08-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:06 AM   #329
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post

Now that you mention it, i was thinking that he hit 30 but then after the game noticed they still had him at 28. Weird
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:09 AM   #330
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I'm obviously a huge Portland fan.

Seriously, though... go through and read your posts in this thread. You sound insane and you have major anger issues. And you have a really weird obsession with Dirk. I mean, we're all fans here.. but chill.
I care what you think about as much as I care about the WNBA.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:09 AM   #331
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Now that you mention it, i was thinking that he hit 30 but then after the game noticed they still had him at 28. Weird
I e-mailed the NBA. Hopefully they fix it.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:12 AM   #332
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I e-mailed the NBA. Hopefully they fix it.
Seems like that stuff usually gets corrected
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #333
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

The personal remarks need to stop. We've got an awesome WIN to discuss, so stop wasting our forum to snipe at each other!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:37 AM   #334
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Check THIS out: https://twitter.com/josemcalderon8/s...864128/photo/1

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-08-2013, 01:40 AM   #335
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Jose and Ellis seem like they have really great chemistry, and it was particularly obvious right after the game tonight.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:44 AM   #336
sike
The Preacha

Something flying a bit under the radar tonight is how dreadful Wesley Matthews was: just 2-10 and 0-4 from 3 in 35min. Whaaaa?

Last edited by sike; 12-08-2013 at 01:44 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #337
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

Jose really was good tonight at using his hesitation dribble and change of pace to attack the basket. I'd love to see him do that more.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:49 AM   #338
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Jose really was good tonight at using his hesitation dribble and change of pace to attack the basket. I'd love to see him do that more.
I'm thinking Carlisle has addressed this with him.

I recently heard Rick say something about just this thing....so I can only assume that it isn't a random occurrence.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:50 AM   #339
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Jose and Ellis seem like they have really great chemistry, and it was particularly obvious right after the game tonight.
Now if they could just increase that mystery known as defensive chemistry.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:52 AM   #340
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

Quote:
Now if they could just increase that mystery known as defensive chemistry.
Jose's bad rep on D hurts him with the refs. He gets some absolutely bogus fouls called on him where he plays solid D.

Ellis is simply too small to contest most SGs on their J. And he overplays the passing lanes.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:55 AM   #341
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Jose's bad rep on D hurts him with the refs. He gets some absolutely bogus fouls called on him where he plays solid D.

Ellis is simply too small to contest most SGs on their J. And he overplays the passing lanes.
True on both. BUT to be fair, I've also seen Jose get consistently blown by (by quicker guards)...so much of his rep is probably deserved.

I do like how both are at least trying on D. Its not like they're lazy. They are scrappy, just limited.

Last edited by sike; 12-08-2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:59 AM   #342
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

Quote:
True on both. BUT to be fair, I've also seen Jose get consistently blown by (by quicker guards)...so much of his rep is probably deserved.

I do like how both are at least trying on D. Its not like they're lazy. They are scrappy, just limited.
Oh, there's no question it's deserved. Jose is a bad defender. Just not physically gifted for it. Which is why it sucks when he actually does play good D, he gets some lame calls because of who he is.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:10 AM   #343
sike
The Preacha

rough game from Marion tonight:

32min, only 4 shots? Only 4 rebs? 0 Steals 0 Blocks. -7.

Hummmm

Old 12-08-2013, 02:15 AM   #344
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
rough game from Marion tonight:

32min, only 4 shots? Only 4 rebs? 0 Steals 0 Blocks. -7.

Hummmm
He seemed pretty invisible tonight, hopefully he can bounce back vs Sacramento.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:20 AM   #345
sike
The Preacha

Great quick read: http://www.mavsoutsider.com/2013/12/...l-blazers-106/

Old 12-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #346
orphenn

orphenn is infamous around these partsorphenn is infamous around these partsorphenn is infamous around these partsorphenn is infamous around these partsorphenn is infamous around these partsorphenn is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Something flying a bit under the radar tonight is how dreadful Wesley Matthews was: just 2-10 and 0-4 from 3 in 35min. Whaaaa?
regression to the mean
orphenn is offline   Reply With Quote