Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-11-2021, 11:54 AM   #41
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Honestly, it all starts with Luka. He has being playing like crap this year, overweight AF. The whole season was doomed when he reported to camp at 260 (and if you believe some other, less credible sources, at 285). He is actually fat, not just basketball fat, but fat. Look at his face. I love him, he is the biggest talent in the NBA, but he has to start give a f**k.
But what compounds that is a FO that did absolutely nothing to prepare for this. They knew he comes into camp overweight and knew he played in the Olympics. I thought he would have issues more midseason, but they are happening right now. The team could have gotten a serious, secondary ball handler to fill in when needed.

Luka just needs to grow up, and to me that is a natural part of being a young adult. I'm not worried about that because it doesn't solve the crux of the issue. Even 220 lb, primo Luka can't carry this sorry ass team.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2021, 03:18 PM   #42
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
But what compounds that is a FO that did absolutely nothing to prepare for this. They knew he comes into camp overweight and knew he played in the Olympics. I thought he would have issues more midseason, but they are happening right now. The team could have gotten a serious, secondary ball handler to fill in when needed.

Luka just needs to grow up, and to me that is a natural part of being a young adult. I'm not worried about that because it doesn't solve the crux of the issue. Even 220 lb, primo Luka can't carry this sorry ass team.
Yes he should be in much better shape but that doesn't explain the wide open missed shots by his fucking teammates. Some, not you, are letting the FO off the hook for basically keeping the same team in place since he was a skinny teenager.

Last edited by Zeus; 12-11-2021 at 03:19 PM.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 04:45 PM   #43
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Yes he should be in much better shape but that doesn't explain the wide open missed shots by his fucking teammates. Some, not you, are letting the FO off the hook for basically keeping the same team in place since he was a skinny teenager.
Well they are looking for scapegoat which I think largely stems from the FO. They were the ones who made up some BS narrative that Luka needs to pass more. And you know my feelings on that one...

Old 12-11-2021, 06:52 PM   #44
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Luka out
WCS still out
Brown questionable
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 10:41 PM   #45
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Luka out
WCS still out
Brown questionable
WCS and Brown being out is a blessing. Extended look at Mo and Josh. Glad Luka is sitting. They need to take this ankle thing seriously. Sit him for two weeks if you have to. We aren’t a championship contender as it stands anyway.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 11:46 PM   #46
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Gonna be pretty hard to tank with so many mediocre to bad teams. The Mavs suck at tanking too.

Old 12-12-2021, 06:11 AM   #47
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs went from historically great offense to can't score points without changing the roster. There was a change, though.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 10:05 AM   #48
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Mavs went from historically great offense to can't score points without changing the roster. There was a change, though.
Guys are missing wiiiiiide open shots. If you want to blame the coach, then you the only feasible thing you could argue is them not scoring in other ways other than the three.

But guess what. The talent isn't able to do that. The team is full of "3&D" guys that not only can't score 2 pointers but are also bad at the 3&D thing. Newsflash, they've always been inconsistent even under Rick.

And the only other two players outside of Luka with talent, KP and Brunson, are playing well this season.

Anyway, the arrow always points back to the person who hired the coach if that is indeed your position. Kidd certainly wasn't my choice.

Cuban is the problem.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 12-12-2021 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-12-2021, 04:13 PM   #49
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Guys are missing wiiiiiide open shots. If you want to blame the coach, then you the only feasible thing you could argue is them not scoring in other ways other than the three.

But guess what. The talent isn't able to do that. The team is full of "3&D" guys that not only can't score 2 pointers but are also bad at the 3&D thing. Newsflash, they've always been inconsistent even under Rick.

And the only other two players outside of Luka with talent, KP and Brunson, are playing well this season.

Anyway, the arrow always points back to the person who hired the coach if that is indeed your position. Kidd certainly wasn't my choice.

Cuban is the problem.
I didn’t argue anything. I just pointed out the facts. Also, KP’s points and efficiency are down from last season. His rebounds are way down. He needs to play center. A week or so ago, Franko pointed out that the only good defensive lineups were the ones with KP at center and Maxi at PF. All the lineups with kp at PF were trash.

I’m not a Cuban guy. I’ve been off him since Steve Nash. I was one of the only posters here against that decision. Tyson Chandler and JJ only solidified my negative opinion of his basketball decision making. Back then jthig and the rest of the dudes here assured me that Cuban was a genius, and I just wasn’t thinking about these things clearly.

Last edited by FreshJive; 12-12-2021 at 04:14 PM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 10:49 AM   #50
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

(from reddit - before we played OKC)
The Dallas Mavericks are currently a bottom 5 team in multiple traditional stats categories
Points per game: 103.8 (#27)
Field goal %: 44.3% (#22)
3 point %: 32.7% (#26)
Free throw %: 73.6% (#27)
Rebounds per game: 43.0 (#27)
Assists per game: 22.3 (#24)
Blocks per game: 4.0 (#29)
Steals per game: 7.3 (#22)

The only stat category we are stellar at are Turnovers. We are tied for #1 in the league for the least amount of Turnovers per game at 12.3.

We play the Thunder, Lakers, Timberwolves (back to back), Bucks, Jazz, Blazers and the Kings for the rest of December. If we go 4-4 in those 8 games, I think that's an accomplishment.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 12:32 PM   #51
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Moses vs. Cauley-Stein this year:

Moses:
MIN - 76
PTS - 44
REB - 23
BLK - 6
STL - 3
FG% - 68.4
FT% - 66.7

WCS:
MIN - 177
PTS - 34
REB - 38
BLK - 3
STL - 6
FG% - 45.7
FT% - 50.0

Just really want to hammer home the point that Willie should not play over Moses anymore this year.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 12:32 PM   #52
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

3-5 or 4-4 to close out december.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:33 PM   #53
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post

Moses:
MIN - 76
PTS - 44
REB - 23
BLK - 6
STL - 3
FG% - 68.4
FT% - 66.7

WCS:
MIN - 177
PTS - 34
REB - 38
BLK - 3
STL - 6
FG% - 45.7
FT% - 50.0

Just really want to hammer home the point that Willie should not play over Moses anymore this year.
Yeah not sure if WCS absence is basketball related, but Moses should take all of his minutes, and half of Powells.

As long as Moses is paired with Luka and/or Brunson, he should be productive on the floor.
Old 12-13-2021, 01:10 PM   #54
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post

Moses:
MIN - 76
PTS - 44
REB - 23
BLK - 6
STL - 3
FG% - 68.4
FT% - 66.7

WCS:
MIN - 177
PTS - 34
REB - 38
BLK - 3
STL - 6
FG% - 45.7
FT% - 50.0

Per36

6.9pts - WCS

Rebounds
10.9reb - MB
7.7reb - WCS

Blocks
2.8blk - MB
0.6blk - WCS

Steals
1.4stl - MB
1.2stl - WCS
Old 12-13-2021, 02:48 PM   #55
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy to be a fan that has never liked Cuban. The guy has always been a smug fool.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 02:53 PM   #56
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the most underrated aspect of 'blowing it up' is freeing up minutes for Green and Moses Brown. We know what DFS, Bullock, THJ, S. Brown, and Powell can do (not much). I actually think there's a solid chance we're better with Luka and a bunch of hungry young guys vs. what we're trodding out there right now.

Also - trade avenue to explore - KP + Brunson for Jaylen Brown.
Old 12-13-2021, 03:41 PM   #57
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I think the most underrated aspect of 'blowing it up' is freeing up minutes for Green and Moses Brown. We know what DFS, Bullock, THJ, S. Brown, and Powell can do (not much). I actually think there's a solid chance we're better with Luka and a bunch of hungry young guys vs. what we're trodding out there right now.

Also - trade avenue to explore - KP + Brunson for Jaylen Brown.
Oh without hesitation I’d do that trade. Instant yes. I think Boston can get better if they want/need to deal Brown though.

Also, I agree about the minutes going to Moses and Green; one of the best things they can do for the franchise is develop our youth (such as it is) and see what they’ve got. I’d actually like to see them both get closer to 25 mins, whereas last night I think it was around 20 for Mo and 18 for Josh.

The bottom line is Mo & Josh couldn’t possibly be worse than the guys they’re replacing and may even be better! Mo, Josh and Frank give us a different physical profile than we get from playing THJ, Jalen, Dwight, Sterling Brown, Bullock. Long, rangy guys with some burst and defensive chops. Honestly it’s a bought the only good thing about watching the games these days.

Last edited by mac222b; 12-13-2021 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-13-2021, 04:00 PM   #58
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Really, the only guys we should want to keep around are Luka, Brunson, Moses, Frank, and Josh. By no means is anyone untouchable other than Luka, both those are the 5 that give the most future value. Brunson might have to go cause he holds the best trade value on our roster and we foolishly don't have a 4th year on him.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 04:03 PM   #59
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I'm happy to be a fan that has never liked Cuban. The guy has always been a smug fool.
I've never been either way on Cuban, but he's worn on me. We can go on and on about mis fires when it comes to the Mavs current and old. But it's the smugness as you put it. I mean, I'm sure he worked hard in his early days, but the dude struck it very lucky with the timing of the tech boom and has leveraged that capital to be a shark, aka an asshole with money who gobbles up smaller businesses and ventures that will of course make money and he takes too big a stake while the others do the actual work. Alas the rich get richer, it's the resulting egos that present the biggest issues.
Old 12-13-2021, 07:46 PM   #60
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
ditto
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 07:57 PM   #61
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Problem with J. Brown is that he is always injured. Would be more of the same if you trade KP.

Old 12-13-2021, 11:24 PM   #62
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Problem with J. Brown is that he is always injured. Would be more of the same if you trade KP.
Sounds like he’d fit in perfectly next to KP, Luka, And the rest of the Mavs roster

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-13-2021 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-14-2021, 04:24 PM   #63
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Mavs interested in Irving.

https://sny.tv/articles/sources-mave...taps-porzingis

Old 12-14-2021, 06:17 PM   #64
saclare
Platinum Member

I guess this is where we do trade and speculations for 2021-2022? Makes enough sense...lol

I just saw, seemingly out of nowhere, Cuban shooting down reports of Mavs interest in trading for Kyrie. Very curious the reactions to this from the board...

To start, for the talent, I would be all for it. Then you start peeling the layers back and I think our energy and focus would be better spent on someone else. There are so many ways you could slice and dice this, and I'd lean stay away.
Old 12-14-2021, 07:25 PM   #65
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I guess this is where we do trade and speculations for 2021-2022? Makes enough sense...lol

I just saw, seemingly out of nowhere, Cuban shooting down reports of Mavs interest in trading for Kyrie. Very curious the reactions to this from the board...

To start, for the talent, I would be all for it. Then you start peeling the layers back and I think our energy and focus would be better spent on someone else. There are so many ways you could slice and dice this, and I'd lean stay away.
I’m staying as far away from Kyrie as I can. We know why KP misses games when he’s injured. Kyrie will miss a week to go to a family birthday party. If we are going to trade what little assets we have Kyrie isn’t the guy I want to use them on.
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 08:52 PM   #66
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post

He has never gone to a city and manage to do well. Even Durant was dumb enough to leave GS because he's insecure, put all his trust in Kyrie, and still got burned.

His peak is so few and far between in terms of how many games you get, not even close to that contract and headache.
Old 12-14-2021, 09:39 PM   #67
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I’m staying as far away from Kyrie as I can. We know why KP misses games when he’s injured. Kyrie will miss a week to go to a family birthday party. If we are going to trade what little assets we have Kyrie isn’t the guy I want to use them on.
If Kyrie was vaccinated, and it didn't cost us KP, then I might be interested.

But I doubt he even shows up here. The guy literally convinced Durant to join him in Brooklyn. And he isn't even playing there.

Unreliable is the last thing the Mavs need.

Old 12-14-2021, 10:36 PM   #68
mac222b
Diamond Member

I think Kyrie contract is up after next season too. I guess that could be a good thing if we are going for cap space. I agree that if we aren’t giving up KP it becomes much more interesting to me. But I doubt Brklyn takes Brunson, THJ, Maxi or DFS pupu platter and picks way into the future for him when they are in win now mode. Not sure if even give up 1st round picks for a flake who might not ever even show up.
Old 01-25-2022, 02:26 PM   #69
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Bump. Given our turnaround and defensive renaissance I look stupid for this thread and want to acknowledge it. Can we make noise in the playoffs? I mean with KP coming into form, I think we’re a true contender if the threes start falling.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:28 PM   #70
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I don't feel bad at all. Mavs were playing totally unmotivated bball. It wasn't until we signed those 10 day guys that the fire was finally lit under their butts.

Old 01-28-2022, 11:39 PM   #71
Heezzi

Heezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Bump. Given our turnaround and defensive renaissance I look stupid for this thread and want to acknowledge it. Can we make noise in the playoffs? I mean with KP coming into form, I think we’re a true contender if the threes start falling.
LMAOOO.
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 06:39 PM   #72
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
I don't feel bad at all. Mavs were playing totally unmotivated bball. It wasn't until we signed those 10 day guys that the fire was finally lit under their butts.
This. And the defense started clicking in January
Old 01-30-2022, 07:49 PM   #73
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
This. And the defense started clicking in January
The defense didn't just start clicking. The biggest move the Mavs made in the off season, the change of coaches, started paying off. Kidd put in a different defense, demanding players fight their way over or under picks, rather than just switching everything. Last year, every time a team ran a pick and roll, they ended up with a big covered by Brunson, or a wing guarded by KP, and the result, for the Mavs, was disaster. Now we have the same guys playing a different defense with a better attitude. Kidd convinced them they could defend, and now those same guys are convincing the NBA.

Certainly, we need better 3 point shooting, but you don't need to take, or hit as many 3's if you are holding the other team to a hundred points.

I'm not sure you can give Cuban credit for getting rid of Carlisle, but you have to give him points for taking a flyer on Kidd. Looks like he learned some lessons after being run out of Milwaukee and coaching under Vogel. Its too small of a sample to declare total satisfaction, but it means a lot to get this far with so few complaints.

Maybe now, it won't be so hard to convince free agents to come here.