Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-09-2018, 12:32 AM   #1
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I dont want Bagley at all. That defense is unfixeable....

I think the Mavs board is
Ayton/Doncic
Bamba
Porter
JJJ

Bamba has so much unicorn potential. If they really think that he can improve to a solid jumper and add enough muscles (he has the frame) then you just have to pick him, even over a healthy Porter. But i think thats the two guys the Mavs are locked in right now, Bamba and Porter (both high ceiling gus)

If they are all gone i think they are picking JJJ as first 3&D center over Bagley...
I agree I think they’d love to see Luka fall and then when he doesn’t, take whoever is left between Bamba and MPJ. I’m hoping for one of those two. Bamba the Unicorn or Porter the born scorer. JJJ and Wendell Carter and Mikal and Miles will all be nice players but not franchise guys
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:03 AM   #2
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I agree I think they’d love to see Luka fall and then when he doesn’t, take whoever is left between Bamba and MPJ. I’m hoping for one of those two. Bamba the Unicorn or Porter the born scorer. JJJ and Wendell Carter and Mikal and Miles will all be nice players but not franchise guys
Just not sure where you are drawing the conclusion that JJJ isn't a capable franchise guy but Bamba is. I haven't been his biggest fan, but I do see the insane potential. His floor is low, his ceiling is incredibly high.

I would encourage you to rewatch his film. Seeing him put the ball down at the 3 PT line, dribble through the lane, and finish with either hand is wild for a guy with his size. Not to mention his shooting and defensive impact. His only knock was overall production and lack of discipline (fouls). Both of which are easily counter argued.

Adding this video to further illustrate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7yQ7wmPzC0

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 06-09-2018 at 09:27 AM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:07 PM   #3
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=hayth.james.g;1436681]Just not sure where you are drawing the conclusion that JJJ isn't a capable franchise guy but Bamba is. I haven't been his biggest fan, but I do see the insane potential. His floor is low, his ceiling is incredibly high.

I would encourage you to rewatch his film. Seeing him put the ball down at the 3 PT line, dribble through the lane, and finish with either hand is wild for a guy with his size. Not to mention his shooting and defensive impact. His only knock was overall production and lack of discipline (fouls). Both of which are easily counter argued.

Adding this video to further illustrate: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7yQ7wmPzC0

My main criticisms: he doesn’t look fluid to me. Not a ton of burst. Even his strengths are funky- low set-shot release on his jumper and while he looks good shadowing smaller guards on switches he has a sort of gallopy hitch about it. I saw him put the ball down twice and looked like a decent handle for a big but didn’t see him finish with either hand as dunking wide open wouldn’t count for me.

In the weakness section he seems to have a hard time finishing when it isn’t a dunk- not a ton of burst or touch. And not much in the way of passing or court vision. No mid-range game. He seems more Ibaka than Horford to me. That said, he’s super young and long and may already have more off the bounce game than Serge ever did. And Horford took awhile to develop 3 point shooting. I assume he’ll never be as skilled as Horford- few bigs are.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote