Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2005, 03:24 AM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Ticket reporting that Drew Bledsoe is now a Cowboy

Sikey, I think they said there was supposed to be a press-y tomorrow (later today, actually, at this hour).

I'm not sure how this will affect Bledsoe's contract, but one interesting note I heard on ESPN radio is that the Cowboys will be able to sign Bledsoe before the March 2 open of free agency since they actually have cap money still from 2004. Perhaps they can structure the contract in a way that preserves maximum space for 2005?

Dirno, it will be revealing to see the details of the contract. If it's for less than the numbers you worry about, would it not be a positive sign that Bledsoe was willing to take himself off the market--apparently a seller's market--so quickly in order to play for a certain coach? Word is that Bledsoe was none too impressed with the Bills brass.

One thing for sure: this will be a make-or-break move for Parcells. His legacy may well be on the line here in Dallas. Either he goes down as the coach who couldn't get his head out of his ass when it came to signal callers, or he goes down as the mad genius whose insight into the position went far beyond that of his would-be peers.

For my money, I'm banking on the latter. I can't forget Jeff Hossteler, Ray Lucas, and Quincy Carter. When you can win with guys who nobody else wants, you just may have a firmer grasp of the overall picture.

On mobility...how mobile is the All-Universe Peyton Manning? How mobile is Tom Brady?

What does Bill Belichik want from a quarterback? What does Bill Parcells want from a quarterback? Do these guys possibly know more about winning football games than the average media hack?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote