Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light
Default Varejeo wants a sign & trade

His adjusted plus-minus numbers last season said he was the 22nd-best player in the league.

Thoughts?

Good interior defense.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Cleveland wouldn't take back the junk we would want to send. IMO, he isn't worth Terry, and that is the money you are talking.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, from what i understand, they're supposedly pretty stubborn.

might be nice if they could work a deal around Damp + filler somehow. with the cutting of Mbenga, kind of leaves that out.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:44 AM   #4
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Varejao wants to be Rashard Lewis, one level down.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:54 AM   #5
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Terry's offense vs Varejeo's defense. We also could use an energy guy. Man that's almost worth considering. Terry is so hot and cold.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:42 AM   #6
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Wow....some people are truly sad on here

Terry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Varejeo

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:47 AM   #7
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Varejao wants to be Rashard Lewis, one level down.
Or Eduardo Nájera, one level up.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:10 PM   #8
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Terry's offense vs Varejeo's defense. We also could use an energy guy. Man that's almost worth considering. Terry is so hot and cold.

he's only hot when he plays the spurs
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:29 PM   #9
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Wow....some people are truly sad on here

Terry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Varejeo
Terry is a streaky shooter. What else makes him so great?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:32 PM   #10
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I'd trade Damp and filler for him all things considered. Would that work out? Might be overpaying a little.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:39 PM   #11
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin
he's only hot when he plays the spurs
He scored 35 points in a game against the Suns last year in Dec. Try again.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:40 PM   #12
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He's one of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA and is the only guy on our team that really helps us to stretch defenses.

Go look at quotes from Poppovich during the SA series two years ago--he himself said that Terry, not Dirk, is the Maverick who gives the Spurs the most problems in regard to game planning.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:52 PM   #13
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Varejeo has not done a thing IMO tht would even put him close to the same level tht Jet is on as a player. How mny games do u think he would help us win or how many series?? IMO none, but with Jet we have made it to the finals won games tht we wouldn't have won with some1 else in his place.

**Wht has the guy done tht is tht impressive, just some1 fill me in. Because rite now I wouldnt give a single player other thn George or Fzeka (w/e his name is) for tht talented flopper.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 11-28-2007, 02:34 PM   #14
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Varejeo has not done a thing IMO tht would even put him close to the same level tht Jet is on as a player. How mny games do u think he would help us win or how many series?? IMO none, but with Jet we have made it to the finals won games tht we wouldn't have won with some1 else in his place.

**Wht has the guy done tht is tht impressive, just some1 fill me in. Because rite now I wouldnt give a single player other thn George or Fzeka (w/e his name is) for tht talented flopper.
While I'm not a big fan of Jet, I have to agree.

Varejao wouldn't start for the Mavs. He'd be a more-experienced, possibly less-skilled version of Bass. He just doesn't offer anything that would be a significant upgrade over what they already have.

Terry is doing what he should be doing--coming off the bench--and he's more valuable in his role than Varejao would be in whatever role they could carve out for him.

Pass.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:09 PM   #15
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

What's the difference between Varejao and say Najera aside from Varejao probably costing a ton more?
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:30 PM   #16
muzak

if you can get him without giving up anyone greater than Damp or Diop, i don't think it's a bad deal.

terry would be more valuable for us than varejeo would be for sure.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:30 PM   #17
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I watched a lot of Cavs games in the playoffs last year....that guy is a certified spare.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:00 PM   #18
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These are not the droids you're looking for - move along...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:15 PM   #19
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are smoking some good sh*t to think of trading of our centers for Varejão. Terry even less.

And I'm Brazilian and I'd love to have a Brazilian play for the Mavs. But not Varejão, not at this price.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:11 PM   #20
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
You guys are smoking some good sh*t to think of trading of our centers for Varejão. Terry even less.

And I'm Brazilian and I'd love to have a Brazilian play for the Mavs. But not Varejão, not at this price.
Considering his youth, energy, defense, and scoring ability I don't see what Damp provides that he doesn't besides a little muscle (which is no good/won't be any good when he's injured and aging anyway). I would take Diop and Varejao at center, we'd be set for a while with that youthful combination. And the best part would be that they have very different styles. Gotta love versatility, and at the center its very difficult to find.

But the Cavs would have to be dreaming if they think he's worth Terry.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:14 PM   #21
muzak

i think he's a forward, but at 6-10 i suppose he could be a small center.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:41 PM   #22
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see Varejão in Dallas, but maybe in a three way deal I could see Dallas involved.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 11-28-2007, 11:22 PM   #23
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i like his hair.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:47 AM   #24
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

All he is is a warm body. I hate, hate, hate players whose primary skill is taking charges. The guy isn't a good passer or scorer, doesn't run the floor particularly well, and disappears whenever a game is close in the 4th quarter (when it gets a little tougher to draw charges).

Gee, who wouldn't pay $9+ mil a year for that sort of a spare?
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:50 AM   #25
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
i like his hair.

Yes. But the question is, does his hair like you?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:14 AM   #26
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

In Soviet Russia it does.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:17 AM   #27
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Anderson would fit well here, we would rank first in most flops with him and Devin. However, he is not worth the loss of JET.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:56 AM   #28
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Just say no.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:22 PM   #29
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Wonder if Dallas could get into a Terry + to Cleveland, Varejeo + to Sacramento, and Artest + to Dallas situation.

I like Terry, but he is the #1 trade bait right now for the Mavs, and I think he would have to be in on any trade that would bring the Mavs an upgrade in the starting 5.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:24 PM   #30
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

NO...if anything happens with this guy he will end up going to Sac for Bibby

........GO MAVS
Old 11-29-2007, 03:38 PM   #31
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

TERRY FOR ARTEST ANY DAY

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:52 PM   #32
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
TERRY FOR ARTEST ANY DAY
+1!

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 11-29-2007, 06:26 PM   #33
ballin_boi
Banned

ballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the rough

Dallas Sends:
Terry
Stack
Hassel
Damp

Dallas Receives:
Artest
Hughes
Varejao

Cleveland Sends:
Varejao
Hughes
Gooden

Receives:
Stack
Hassel
Damp
Bibby

Kings send:
Artest
Bibby

Receive:
Terry+Cash+Picks
Gooden (expiring, + solid big man)
Snow (expiring)

I think all three teams get some kind of incentive with a deal like this.

Dallas

C - Diop/Varejao/Bass/Howard
PF - Dirk/Bass/Varejao/Howard
SF - Artest/Hughes/Jones
SG - J-Ho/Hughes/Jones
PG - Harris/JJB/Jones

Sacramento

C - Miller/Thomas
PF - Gooden/SAR
SF - (free agent) not like it matters cause if they pull the trigger they'll clearly be rebuilding
SG - KMART
PG - Terry/Snow

Cleveland

C - Big Z/Dampier
PF - Free Agents
SF - LeBron/Stack
SG - Pavlovic/Stack/Hassell
PG - Bibby/Boobie

Dallas - Improves significantly on both defense and offense, and get younger in the process as well.

Cleveland - Unloads Hughes horrible contract, the problem children that are Gooden and SideShow Bob. And they get that PG that they've wanted for a while in Bibby. Also they get deeper at the swing positions. The hole at pf can easily be remedied by a FA, or by moving LBJ there and going Z,LBJ,Stack,Pavs, Bibby (Would be extremely effective in a princeton type offense, specially with Z and LBJ's passing.)

Sacramento - Begins rebuilding.

Last edited by ballin_boi; 11-29-2007 at 06:27 PM.
ballin_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:49 PM   #34
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Umm yee sorry but is it just me tht this makes no sense to?? Wht r the Cavs left with?? and would we really be improved??

LBJ at pf???

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 11-29-2007 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:34 AM   #35
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin_boi
Dallas Sends:
Terry
Stack
Hassel
Damp

Dallas Receives:
Artest
Hughes
Varejao

Cleveland Sends:
Varejao
Hughes
Gooden

Receives:
Stack
Hassel
Damp
Bibby

Kings send:
Artest
Bibby

Receive:
Terry+Cash+Picks
Gooden (expiring, + solid big man)
Snow (expiring)

I think all three teams get some kind of incentive with a deal like this.

Dallas

C - Diop/Varejao/Bass/Howard
PF - Dirk/Bass/Varejao/Howard
SF - Artest/Hughes/Jones
SG - J-Ho/Hughes/Jones
PG - Harris/JJB/Jones

Sacramento

C - Miller/Thomas
PF - Gooden/SAR
SF - (free agent) not like it matters cause if they pull the trigger they'll clearly be rebuilding
SG - KMART
PG - Terry/Snow

Cleveland

C - Big Z/Dampier
PF - Free Agents
SF - LeBron/Stack
SG - Pavlovic/Stack/Hassell
PG - Bibby/Boobie

Dallas - Improves significantly on both defense and offense, and get younger in the process as well.

Cleveland - Unloads Hughes horrible contract, the problem children that are Gooden and SideShow Bob. And they get that PG that they've wanted for a while in Bibby. Also they get deeper at the swing positions. The hole at pf can easily be remedied by a FA, or by moving LBJ there and going Z,LBJ,Stack,Pavs, Bibby (Would be extremely effective in a princeton type offense, specially with Z and LBJ's passing.)

Sacramento - Begins rebuilding.
I actually like this trade a lot and I think it would really turn the Cavs into a competitor in the east. I'm just not sold Sacramento would want any part of it.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:44 PM   #36
Tokey41
Platinum Member

We make out like bandits in that scenario, I doubt the Kings would do it... although if I was them I would start rebuilding as soon as possible. I think they are in denial.

As for the Cavs... maybe. I think they would still be in the same boat but at least they dumped Hughes contract. Hughes on the other hand would be valuable to us (when he's healthy) despite that contract.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #37
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not interesting in trading for Varejao unless it's in a package with LeBron. Otherwise, that entire team is complete trash.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:54 PM   #38
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Bobcats sign Varejao to offer sheet
By MIKE CRANSTON AP Sports Writer
Article Launched: 12/04/2007 11:01:55 AM PST

CHARLOTTE, N.C.—In need of a big man, the Charlotte Bobcats reached agreement Tuesday on a three-year offer sheet with Cleveland restricted free agent Anderson Varejao, giving the Cavaliers a week to match the deal or lose him.

The deal is for the Bobcats' midlevel salary cap exception, worth just over $17 million. Varejao could opt out of the deal after the second season and become an unrestricted free agent.

The 6-foot-10 Varejao has been in a prolonged contract dispute with the Cavaliers, which has kept him sidelined this season. He said last week that he would prefer to play for another team.

Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry said in an e-mail they wouldn't decide whether to match the offer until they received the document from the Bobcats.

"It will probably arrive tomorrow and then we will make the appropriate decision," Ferry said.

The 25-year-old Varejao averaged a career-best 6.8 points and 6.7 rebounds last season in helping the Cavaliers reach the NBA finals for the first time.

Bobcats coach Sam Vincent has been asking for a big man since the beginning of the season. The Bobcats lost Sean May to season-ending knee surgery in training camp. Starting center Primoz Brezec has been ineffective and was replaced in the starting lineup by rookie Jared Dudley on Monday night in Toronto, the Bobcats' sixth straight loss.

"We're excited about the opportunity to add a player of Anderson's caliber to our team," Vincent
Advertisement
said. "We feel like he's a guy who can come in and give us some immediate help in the post."

Before training camp opened, Varejao turned down Cleveland's one-year, $1.2 million qualifying offer. If he had signed that deal, the former second-round pick could have become an unrestricted free agent after this season.

In late October, the Cavaliers rejected a six-year, $52 million package presented by Fegan.

Varejao is known for his energy and defense, and the move comes a day after Vincent questioned his team's focus and preparation following the 98-79 loss to the Raptors.

The Bobcats, with 15 guaranteed contracts, would have to release a player to add Varejao if the Cavaliers don't match the offer.

"Anderson has established himself as a very good young player in this league," Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins said. "We look forward to the opportunity to add him to the core of our franchise as we continue to grow and improve."

Before joining the Cavaliers in the 2004-05 season, Varejao spent three seasons in Spain playing for F.C. Barcelona. He's also a member of the Brazilian national team, and the Bobcats said he could play for the team in the offseason, a point of contention with the Cavaliers.

———

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/...nclick_check=1
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote