Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-31-2015, 06:49 AM   #361
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
Saw Train Wreck . . . God Awful.

I actually like Schumer's show for the most part and attributed my dislike of the movie to Apatow's writing. Turns out Schumer wrote the movie too.

Then I got to digging. Something that always bugged me was that I often thought Schumer was lifting from Kurt Metzger (very funny comic) on her show, turns out he is the head writer.

I don't think I like Amy Schumer anymore.
She is trying too hard now to be broad appeal. What made her great was her edgy jokes but now she is having to apologize for racist jokes she told like two years ago. Such is the world now where everyone is judged under the social media spotlight.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2015, 08:54 AM   #362
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I really couldn't tell you anything about Schumer other than she's in Trainwreck..is a comedian I suppose..and is a bit chunky. But, I'm ready for her to go away...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:01 PM   #363
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation was fantastic
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:29 PM   #364
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Explain what it is you humans call "sequel"?

Wait, no! Chappie has fears!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:32 PM   #365
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw Southpaw... Gyllenhaal was solid. McAdams lights up the screen. 50 cent was horrific... The script must have been pretty bad as well. It's mildly entertaining.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:16 PM   #366
Murphy3
Guru

Finally saw Ant-Man. I've gotta say... Very pleasantly surprised. I'd place it in my top 3-4 Marvel films.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:45 PM   #367
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Martian was very entertaining. Not Gravity or Apollo 13 great, but good.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:21 AM   #368
Murphy3
Guru

Gravity was extremely overrated....

Went to see Everest last night. The movie was entertaining, but it never once grabbed me emotionally at all.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #369
Murphy3
Guru

Went to see My All American.. It was better than the reviews made it out to be. Use, it was a bit formulaic, but it's such a tremendous true life story...
Old 01-10-2016, 12:53 AM   #370
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointed with The Revenant. Over-produced and too long.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:45 AM   #371
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Disappointed with The Revenant. Over-produced and too long.
No kidding... And what was the deal with the First Order and the Resistance? None of that made any sense.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:47 AM   #372
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
No kidding... And what was the deal with the First Order and the Resistance? None of that made any sense.
It's funny because you'd think a movie like the Revenant would be super deep and full of amazingly original plot that Star Wars just didn't have. And yet, the more I watch other big budget movies, the more I appreciate how good TFA actually was.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:35 AM   #373
Murphy3
Guru

Saw Star Wars again yesterday.. was amazed at how average it was.. The villain reminded me of Marilyn Manson.. poor, poor choice
Old 01-15-2016, 05:32 PM   #374
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I liked Driver as Ren - gotta remember he's playing a young, petulant wannabe vader. I think he showed the right amount of desperation and frustration in the role, which I appreciated. Instead of being some kind of super sith badass.

All the newcomers were great - Ridley, Boyega, Driver.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 01-15-2016 at 05:33 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:55 PM   #375
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from 13 Hours... great, great movie. Easily the best one Michael Bay has ever made (comment not being made in jest).
Old 01-15-2016, 09:43 PM   #376
Murphy3
Guru

Went to see The Revenant... It was good. DiCaprio and Hardy were amazing... But the acting was better than the movie itself. It shouldn't be up for best picture. Mad Max and Creed were both significantly better.

Last edited by Murphy3; 01-16-2016 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:31 PM   #377
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Saw are Revenant... It was good. DiCaprio and Hardy were amazing... But the acting was better than the movie itself. It shouldn't be up for best picture. Mad Max and Creed were both significantly better.
I agree with all of this.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:00 AM   #378
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Just got back from 13 Hours... great, great movie. Easily the best one Michael Bay has ever made (comment not being made in jest).
I thought it was very well done too. Intense movie. I saw it Tuesday night at Jerry World. There were about 30,000 people there for the premiere. Got to see the major actors as well as the people that were there in Benghazi. Lots of emotions.

Last edited by bunkmoreland; 01-16-2016 at 10:03 AM.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 02:00 PM   #379
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

CA: Civil War - pretty damn good. I think I liked Winter Soldier better, just because of the spy elements and mystery... but Civil War is by far my favorite "Avengers" movie (i mean, come on, it's Avengers 2.5).

It has the BEST action sequence in any comic book movie, possibly any movie (the airport scene). Just in awe the entire time (and if you have a real IMAX in your area - go see it there. That entire scene was shot on IMAX film). Fight choreography/effects throughout the movie were top-notch, and like most Marvel films, had a good mix of drama and some light-heartedness.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:22 PM   #380
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
CA: Civil War - pretty damn good. I think I liked Winter Soldier better, just because of the spy elements and mystery... but Civil War is by far my favorite "Avengers" movie (i mean, come on, it's Avengers 2.5).

It has the BEST action sequence in any comic book movie, possibly any movie (the airport scene). Just in awe the entire time (and if you have a real IMAX in your area - go see it there. That entire scene was shot on IMAX film). Fight choreography/effects throughout the movie were top-notch, and like most Marvel films, had a good mix of drama and some light-heartedness.
Saw it, had a really sh!tty movie-going experience, need to re-watch it again when the theaters aren't so packed... Can't wait until Screening Room becomes a more affordable/realistic option -- I wouldn't be sad if I never stepped foot into a movie theater again, just as long as I can see new releases before they get spoiled by the internet.

Black Panther, Ant-Man and Spider-Man were definitely the best part of the movie (can't wait for their upcoming films!), but am I the only one who felt like the ridiculously-enjoyable airport scene was plucked out of a much more entertaining movie? Most of Civil War was a slog to get through -- I definitely noticed the two-and-a-half hour runtime.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-13-2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:28 PM   #381
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Saw it, had a really sh!tty movie-going experience, need to re-watch it again when the theaters aren't so packed... Can't wait until Screening Room becomes a more affordable/realistic option -- I wouldn't be sad if I never stepped foot into a movie theater again, just as long as I can see new releases before they get spoiled by the internet.

Black Panther, Ant-Man and Spider-Man were definitely the best part of the movie (can't wait for their upcoming films!), but am I the only one who felt like the ridiculously-enjoyable airport scene was plucked out of a much more entertaining movie? Most of Civil War was a slog to get through -- I definitely noticed the two-and-a-half hour runtime.

it was definitely more "talky" than most Marvel movies, but it did have some good action sequences to break that up, albeit small scale (Lagos, the Panther/Bucky chase, etc.). But I liked a lot of the exposition. I think it laid out a plot in which you really could side with either guy.

While of course Spider-man was awesome (really the best-filmed version of him in action, quipping/talking constantly), Black Panther was my favorite newcomer. And Falcon continues to grow into his own character, he had some of the best moments of the movie - he's kind of a dud in the comics.

yeah, it was tough to avoid spoilers, but i've had a good track record of seeing movies in week 2. People are polite enough not to reveal huge spoilers in that timeframe.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:32 PM   #382
Underdog

One thing that bugs me about the new Captain America is that the whole "Civil War" thing feels shoehorned in just to take the wind out of Batman v Superman's sails... All this "collateral damage" crap in AoU and CW seems like a calculated reaction to everyone on the internet complaining about the destruction of Metropolis in Man of Steel (even BvS couldn't help itself!).... Please, please, PLEASE, Hollywood -- learn the lessons from Lost and BSG when it comes to changing your plots based on fanboy overreactions. The calculation of collateral damage adds absolutely nothing to a candy-coated action romp where super-powered individuals are pummeling each other while delivering snarky quips.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-13-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:34 PM   #383
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
One thing that bugs me about the new Captain America is that the whole "Civil War" thing feels shoehorned in just to take the wind out of Batman v Superman's sails... All this "collateral damage" crap in AoU and CW seems like a calculated reaction to everyone on the internet complaining about the destruction of Metropolis in Man of Steel (even BvS couldn't help itself!).... Please, please, PLEASE, Hollywood -- learn the lessons from Lost and BSG when it comes to changing your plots based on fanboy overreactions. The calculation of collateral damage adds absolutely nothing to a candy-coated action romp where super-powered individuals are pummeling each other while delivering snarky quips.

Definitely disagree with you there. Collateral damage has been acknowledged/mentioned in Marvel movies for a while. Scenes of Cap specifically trying to get people out of harm's way in Avengers 1, Iron Man feeling remorse for his actions way back in Iron Man 1. And it all culminated in this film. This was not a knee-jerk reaction, i believe this was planned for some time.

The Civil War plotline from the comics couldn't be used here, as that focused on registration and revealing secret identities - secret identities really aren't a thing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. So i thought the change to be more about accountability and oversight really fit well, especially in this day and age of people screaming for less government.

The BvS reaction was super ridiculous -Random guy calling out - "it's ok, guys! that island is uninhabited!"

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-13-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:57 PM   #384
Underdog

Quote:
Definitely disagree with you there. Collateral damage has been a plot item for Marvel for a while. Scenes of Cap specifically trying to get people out of harm's way in Avengers 1, Iron Man feeling remorse for his actions way back in Iron Man 1. And it all culminated in this film. This was not a knee-jerk reaction, i believe this was planned for some time.

The Civil War plotline from the comics couldn't be used here, as that focused on registration and revealing secret identities - secret identities really aren't a thing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. So i thought the change to be more about accountability and oversight really fit well, especially in this day and age of people screaming for less government.

The BvS reaction was super ridiculous -Random guy calling out - "it's ok, guys! that island is uninhabited!"
Collateral damage can always be a plot line in a superhero movie, but I think it was a bad fit here -- especially because the "logic" behind it was fvcking stupid... You're telling me the same government body that was about to *nuke* NYC during an alien invasion is mad about the 164 people who died as collateral damage during the battle? Not only that, but they're mad at the guys who prevented the entire world from being destroyed (or whatever Loki's plan was)??? Nah son, I expect better writing from the people who made The Winter Soldier -- this feels like a studio decision (like when they scheduled CW's release for the same exact date as BvS).

And it's not like the scene in BvS was any worse than the scene in AoU where the Avengers kept talking about saving every single individual in Sakovia while the fate of the WORLD was at hand... Sorry, but collateral damage should probably be expected when the survival of the entire species is on the line. There's a reason why the comic books don't waste their time with this stuff.

Besides, the Netflix shows did a much better job of dealing with the fallout of The Avengers (especially Jessica Jones) -- let's move the F on to something else, this is some well-trodden ground at this point.

**Major Spoilers**

Plus, they had more than enough motivation to fuel the conflict between Captain America and Iron Man without the Sokovia Accords -- Bucky killing Tony's parents... Which is probably why they dropped the whole collateral damage plot halfway through the movie anyway -- because it was ultimately frivolous... I think this movie worked better as Winter Soldier 2.0 than as Avengers 2.5 (even though the Avenger-y parts were the most entertaining).

Last edited by Underdog; 05-13-2016 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #385
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I see what you're saying, but i think Collateral Damage IS something that should be addressed in these movies (makes them more realistic than the comics, which i think is a positive) and I thought AoU and CW did it quite well (and again, previously addressed in some capacity in other marvel movies), where BvS just shoehorned it in as an afterthought because of the backlash against MoS (where there was NO concern AT ALL).

That's what made the central issue at hand so believable. Two people on an internet message board are debating the importance of human lives, don't you think it should mean something to those that are trying to save them?

Personally, I'm Team Cap. Gotta break a few eggs if you want to make an omelette. But if one of my family members were killed in an event involving the Avengers? You better believe my mind would change.

Not only was there collateral damage in Sokovia, Stark was THE reason it happened. He created Ultron. So it's 100000% believable that he should care about collateral damage. That was actually something that bothered me about AoU - there was no accountability for Stark. he kind of felt a little guilty at the end. And that came to light more in this movie. His guilt got the best of him so he was quick to agree with the Accords.

The spoiler you mention would not have been enough to motivate the other Avengers, though. just Cap and Iron Man.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-13-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:16 PM   #386
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

And as an FYI - Marvel had the release date announced first, just no specific movie named - then BvS moved to that date.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-13-2016 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:47 PM   #387
Underdog

Quote:
The spoiler you mention would not have been enough to motivate the other Avengers, though. just Cap and Iron Man.
Which is why I said this would have made a better Winter Soldier 2.0 than Avengers 2.5 -- there was literally zero reason to make this a "Civil War" movie except to shoehorn in a ton of characters... These Marvel movies are starting to become as overstuffed and convoluted as the X-Men franchise.

Hell, you could have not only ditched the entire collateral damage/Civil War thing, but Tony Stark and The Avengers could've been eliminated from the story altogether.... Just continue the Winter Soldier thread, bringing Black Panther's revenge story into the fold, and maybe spend a little more time trying to understand the personality and motivation of your bad guy.... Seriously, Cap/Falcon/Natasha racing against Black Panther to find Bucky while Zemo throws shade could have been a taut thriller in the same vein as TWS... Feels like a missed opportunity in favor of setting up future Marvel movies (again).

Old 05-13-2016, 04:50 PM   #388
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I'm fine with that plot, but that's civil disagreement, not war.

Civil war in the comics was a grand scale (heck, it was hundreds of characters) that they wanted to replicate here. And i thought it worked very well. Everyone's known for a while this was a Cap movie in name only. And I'd take a crappy movie just to have the airport scene - and we actually got a good movie.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:02 PM   #389
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Funny thing is that Deadpool beat BvS domestic. lol.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:22 PM   #390
Underdog

Quote:
Funny thing is that Deadpool beat BvS domestic. lol.
Not sure what that has to do with the conversation we're having, but I'm sure the box office totals were the result of Deadpool being a Deadpool movie, whereas Batman v Superman was trying to be a Watchmen movie... No point in using source material if you're only going to betray it -- especially when you're talking about fictional icons as well-known as Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

BvS also had the same problem as Civil War, Age of Ultron and the Star Wars Remix -- it spent too much damn time setting up future movies and not enough time focusing on the story at hand... Deadpool knew its audience, told its story efficiently, and most importantly, didn't come across like it was written by a goddamn focus group.

Like, seriously, I can lob accusations at Marvel all day for trying to tank BvS and still think that movie was a tone-deaf piece of shit -- at least I cared enough about TFA to rant about it, but BvS isn't even worth my time... That said, I do think it was better than a lot of movies that it's ranked lower than on RT (but the long arm of the Disney Hype Machine is a completely different rant that I frankly don't have the energy to get into right now!)

Last edited by Underdog; 05-13-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:44 PM   #391
Underdog

Quote:
it was definitely more "talky" than most Marvel movies, but it did have some good action sequences to break that up, albeit small scale (Lagos, the Panther/Bucky chase, etc.). But I liked a lot of the exposition. I think it laid out a plot in which you really could side with either guy.
I kinda skipped over this point earlier (because work), but I really didn't have a problem with the "talky" parts that justified the Civil War plot (I can shift back & forth between what "should be" and what "is be")... No, what bored me were all the superfluous subplots added to force a "Civil War" -- like EVERYTHING between Wanda/Vision/Hawkeye.

Sure, they used Scarlett Witch's whole house arrest thing to develop the characters (so I credit the Russos for making the most of unnecessary screentime), but all of that could have easily been cut for narrative's sake... Like, couldn't Hawkeye just stay retired and the Avengers send their hard-hitters on a mission to find Hulk or something? It's not like the plot was dependent on those characters -- Tony could have just as easily pointed out Vision's observations of villainous escalation (which actually would have lent more weight to his guilt).

BUT, if you gotta go all Civil War, then adding Black Panther, Ant-Man and Spider-Man was definitely the way to go... One comic relief for team blue, one comic relief for team red, one neutral BAMF who always lands on his feet.... I didn't like some of the narrative choices in this movie because they felt forced into Marvel's overall arc, but I do think the filmmakers maximized their execution of the studio's notes.

Ultimately, I think they should have split this film into two parts -- all the grimdark should have ended Phase 2 in Captain America 3, and then maybe all the funtime-Avengers stuff could have kicked off Phase 3 with Avengers: Civil War, grown organically from the Winter Soldier's assassination of everyone's parents (including Batfleck's. . . . DIE, MARTHA!)

Last edited by Underdog; 05-13-2016 at 09:26 PM. Reason: typos
Old 12-05-2016, 05:28 AM   #392
spreedom
Diamond Member

Just starting Rogue Nation en route to completing a Mission: Impossible marathon. The first movie is a little too complicated for its own good, the second one is awful, the third is a good template for the rest of the series, the fourth (Ghost Protocol) is one of the best action movies ever, and the fifth (Rogue Nation) is the second best of the series. Thanks for staying with me in that terrible run-on sentence. It's 4:30 in the morning and I'm totally out of it.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #393
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Sad that LA LA Land is a shoe in for best picture since it's easily the most disappointed I've been at the theater all year. Good choreography can't make up for weak music, a weak plot, and thin characters.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:11 AM   #394
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Weird as it is, Lego Batman is in my top 3 of Batman movies. It's silly and over-the-top, but it's compelling and you actually get invested in the character unlike most Batman movies we've gotten.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-02-2017 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:29 AM   #395
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Weird as it is, Lego Batman is in my top 3 of Batman movies. It's silly and over-the-top, but it's compelling and you actually get invested in the character unlike most Batman movies we've gotten.
Not a BvS fan?

Old 03-02-2017, 12:36 AM   #396
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Explain what it is you humans call "sequel"?

Wait, no! Chappie has fears!

Last edited by spreedom; 03-02-2017 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:40 AM   #397
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Sad that LA LA Land is a shoe in for best picture since it's easily the most disappointed I've been at the theater all year. Good choreography can't make up for weak music, a weak plot, and thin characters.
So glad I was wrong about LA LA Land winning. It was close though...phew.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:29 PM   #398
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Logan was really good. Hate the Xmen, but the movie was actually good.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:09 PM   #399
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ryan Gosling is my favorite actor out right now (along with Gyllenhaal), but I cant bring myself to watch this. idk breaking out in song all movie isnt my thing. And I dont think these roles maximize his potential.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:14 PM   #400
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Logan was really good. Hate the Xmen, but the movie was actually good.
Yeah I dont care for Xmen, havent seen one of the movies I think back in 2008 or 09, but wow I was really satisfied with Logan. Exactly what I went to the movies for. Gritty, character development, great paing. Best movie of the year so far along with Get Out.