Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-09-2002, 11:21 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

or maybe more ...

Clutchcity has a concept where people can donate money to help defray the everyday costs of running a site, hosting it, and generally just keeping it alive. Personally, I would be willing to chip in $5-10 every now and then to help keep this site up.

I understand times are lean economically, but this is the only good place I can turn to for knowledgable basketball info, and I personally would go stir crazy if I couldn't talk Mavs with other intelligent posters.

I'm not saying this would be a regular commitment, but just whenever you have some extra money to spend, maybe think about donating a few dollars here and there. We could forward the money to DJBacklash's account on paypal to make it work, and then maybe have some kind of raffle when the season starts for various Mavs prizes. Maybe I could buy a pair of tickets and we could raffle them off to anyone who donates a minimum of $10.

I know this belongs in the Dallas-Mavs.com section, but I think it would get much more traffic here. Hollah, if you hear me.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2002, 11:52 PM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

what a great idea.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 06:53 AM   #3
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

count me in!

DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 06:59 AM   #4
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Sounds like a great idea. I think DJ should be rewarded in some sort of way for all the hard work he has put in.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 07:05 AM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

A description of how the board is run, financed etc would be illuminating for the uninformed. We are mmostly just internet bums, thinking everything is free.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 08:30 AM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I assume DJ just pays for it.

Perhaps some sort of voluntary patron system can be established.

There is always advertising.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 10:20 AM   #7
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

<< There is always advertising. >>

No!
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 10:43 AM   #8
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I'll pay for it all myself if it means no pop-up ads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 12:07 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

amen Rhylan!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 10:09 PM   #10
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

<< A description of how the board is run, financed etc would be illuminating for the uninformed. We are mmostly just internet bums, thinking everything is free. >>

The board as far as I understand is run by DJBacklash, a college student. Personally financed by him and only him, he pays for hosting, web traffic, and the VBB license as well. It can be very costly to maintain and update the bulletin board with regular software updates and things of that nature.

I'd say he probably will spend $500 out of his own pocket a year on costs associated with keeping this board active. On top of that, when you have an AD-free board he has no source of revenue, and is depending strictly on our generosity to keep it running.

Fighting among board members, spamming, and being rude don't help keep his spirits high in leaving the board up. I am more than willing to pay for a pair of tickets to the Mavs season opener to be raffled off in an auction for anybody who donates a minimum of $10. Sound good?
Old 07-10-2002, 10:11 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a very nice gesture.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 10:13 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

<< Fighting among board members, spamming, and being rude don't help keep his spirits high in leaving the board up >>

before mentioning things like this, it must also be taken into consideration that the members of this board are what have made this into the best mavs board on the web by far.

i too would be willing to contribute to the fund
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 02:21 AM   #13
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Count me in. Sounds like a cool plan, AE.

<< before mentioning things like this, it must also be taken into consideration that the members of this board are what have made this into the best mavs board on the web by far. >>

That goes without saying. I say we don't say it at all.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

edit: smiley trouble [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2002, 07:39 AM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

trust me, it definitely needs to be said
Old 07-14-2002, 12:58 AM   #15
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

I would be more than willing to contribute. As I hold season tics, I would throw a few into the pot as well as some cash, if this is something that is needed.
Old 08-02-2002, 05:27 PM   #16
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

so how should we get the ball rolling?
Old 08-02-2002, 05:30 PM   #17
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate the sentiment aexchange but right now donations aren't necessary. In the coming months I plan on upgrading to vBulletin and adding several more features to the site (I'm tempted to hire a designer to take care of the interface since I'm too picky for my own good when I'm in design mode). The bills will definitely start to roll in so maybe then I'll set up a PayPal donations page.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 08:58 AM   #18
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

*bump*
Old 04-30-2003, 09:04 AM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Just got my income tax back..and didn't get to buy a dog..so sure
Old 04-30-2003, 09:38 AM   #20
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Where the F is DJ?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 09:42 AM   #21
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

i'd imagine busy with finals at med school.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:34 AM   #22
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< I know this belongs in the Dallas-Mavs.com section, but I think it would get much more traffic here. Hollah, if you hear me. >>

Stick it here in the top for a couple of weeks.

Yes, no banners, nor pop-ups!

But donations.

Edit.

<< The bills will definitely start to roll in so maybe then I'll set up a PayPal donations page. >>

Fine.

Old 04-30-2003, 12:30 PM   #23
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Glad to do it....but I'm a bit adverse to talking about &quot;prizes&quot; for obvious reasons. (All's forgiven though)
Old 04-30-2003, 01:25 PM   #24
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Sure, I'm in. Don't have much, being a poor college student, but I'm willing to cough up a few bucks to keep this board going. Tell us how.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:36 PM   #25
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

<< Sure, I'm in. Don't have much, being a poor college student, but I'm willing to cough up a few bucks to keep this board going. Tell us how. >>

hit the make a donation button right below the last message, and let your fingers do the walkin, and wallet do the talkin.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:02 PM   #26
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Upgrade is coming REAL soon..any new donations would be <u>greatly</u> appreciated [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thx
Old 05-14-2003, 12:30 PM   #27
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< Upgrade is coming REAL soon..any new donations would be <u>greatly</u> appreciated [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thx >>

Whatever the Korean girl desires. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2003, 12:40 PM   #28
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

How much does the Guru member Cost? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:44 PM   #29
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

<< How much does the Guru member Cost? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

muhahahahah. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2003, 12:54 PM   #30
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

So for a billion dollars I get to be a guru member? Do I get my own icon as well? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 07:43 PM   #31
Sports Point

Sports Point is on a distinguished road

this is Sporty.

Gonna make ya sweat,
-J
Old 05-21-2003, 08:07 AM   #32
#41_GER

#41_GER is on a distinguished road

Greetings from Good Old Germany!
dirk's fantastic and i'm looking forward to winning the championship.
BUT TONIGHT THERE IS ONLY CELTIC GLASGOW FACING PORTO IN THE FINAL OF THE UEFA CUP
So up the Celts!
#41_GER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 06:20 PM   #33
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Can you spare a brother a dime?

Made my $15.00 payment just now.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:03 PM   #34
djb
Administrator

Default RE: Can you spare a brother a dime?

I was wondering who that was [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thx!