Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 02-11-2009, 09:33 AM   #201
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
You could also get sportacular, which has all the major sports. Gives you schedules, scores, stats, news and other stuff.
Of course I have sportacular...I just thought the "Mavericks" app was cool. Not to mention it loads faster if I'm just after the schedule.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:35 AM   #202
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I think I've discovered just about the coolest possible use of the iPhone--using the Pandora app to stream custom radio stations over the cell network while the phone is plugged into my car stereo through the Aux input. It's especially nice for longer drives, like Austin to Dallas or back.
I've been using an app called "FStream" to stream The Ticket in Dallas when I go for a run. I don't know why Apple couldn't put a damn FM tuner on this thing, but at least there's work arounds.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:39 AM   #203
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Of course I have sportacular...I just thought the "Mavericks" app was cool. Not to mention it loads faster if I'm just after the schedule.
In Sportstacular you can add teams to your favorites...and then if you select on the future tab..it shows all the games they will be playing in the next week or so. This is helpful when I don't want to know the scores of like The KC Royals v DC Nationals or something.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:32 AM   #204
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've been using an app called "FStream" to stream The Ticket in Dallas when I go for a run. I don't know why Apple couldn't put a damn FM tuner on this thing, but at least there's work arounds.
Yea that's the only thing missing from the ipod/iphone is an fmtuner. That's what I have my zune for, but how hard is it to put one in there? Must be patented by Microsoft or something lol.

How do you put the ticket on FStream?

Last edited by Windmill360; 02-11-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:36 AM   #205
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

longshot, but there was a remote for the iPod that basically had an FM tuner. It still works on my 5th gen Classic.
P.S.: It was an apple product.:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/01/10/a...s-fm-to-ipods/

Last edited by bernardos70; 02-11-2009 at 11:40 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:36 AM   #206
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you search apps for "Mavericks" there is a neat little program that just has the Mavericks schedule. It's very simple, just date and times. Nice presentation, and kind of handy to have.

There's a "Stars" app as well, which has been all kinds of useful lately when planning around our season tickets.
Cool tip, I actually think that Mavericks app is pretty damn cool.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #207
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Yea that's the only thing missing from the ipod/iphone is an fmtuner. That's what I have my zune for, but how hard is it to put one in there? Must be patented by Microsoft or something lol.

How do you put the ticket on FStream?
I found it here:

http://www.theunticket.com/iphone-streaming/

Quote:
longshot, but there was a remote for the iPod that basically had an FM tuner. It still works on my 5th gen Classic.
P.S.: It was an apple product.:
I have one of those for my nano. I actually haven't even tried to plug it into the iPhone because I was told it wouldn't work. I wish it did...Mavs and Stars games are broadcast on 97.5 fm in the AAC so you can listen from your seat. I used to use it for that a lot.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-11-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:56 AM   #208
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

I got this program call iheartradio and it broadcasts a lot of clear channel radio stations from several big city markets (there are about 8 stations in dallas you can listen to) for free. I love the app and it is free to download.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:56 AM   #209
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Can one of yall buy this BSG Cylon detector iPhone app and tell me how it is?

http://www.watchingbsg.com/who-do-yo...thats-a-cylon/
Old 02-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #210
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

fstream has been a godsend since it's allowed me to listen to The Ticket in the office again. I would have paid whatever they charged but the fact that it's free makes it even better.

The only downside is that streaming radio seems to tax the battery more than anything else that you can do on the phone.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:58 PM   #211
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX425 View Post
I got this program call iheartradio and it broadcasts a lot of clear channel radio stations from several big city markets (there are about 8 stations in dallas you can listen to) for free. I love the app and it is free to download.
I have iheartradio, i use it every morning to get lex and terry on KEGL.

I think iheartradio is one of the best apps out there.

Also got the IFanDal of the Dallas Mavericks, its $0.99 and its a great app for the mavs. And also got the free schedule for the mavs the first day i got my iphone.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:15 PM   #212
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think I've discovered just about the coolest possible use of the iPhone--using the Pandora app to stream custom radio stations over the cell network while the phone is plugged into my car stereo through the Aux input. It's especially nice for longer drives, like Austin to Dallas or back.
Yeah, that's one I've been looking at getting for a while but I never get around to using it. So many aps, not enough time.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:17 AM   #213
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Yeah, that's one I've been looking at getting for a while but I never get around to using it. So many aps, not enough time.
It's so worth it. The fact that it works even without WiFi (and even over the EDGE network) is nothing short of amazing.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:28 AM   #214
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
It's so worth it. The fact that it works even without WiFi (and even over the EDGE network) is nothing short of amazing.
I wish it would stream sports radio. Living in Houston..although it is fun hearing them bash T-mac / Texans etc...it sucks. I want to listen to AM 1300 in Austin & ESPN 103.3 in Dallas.

anyone know of an app that does that? besides podcasts?
Old 02-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #215
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm switching to at&t and getting an iPhone later this week!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:15 PM   #216
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you enjoy it!
It's a pretty amazing toy.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:54 PM   #217
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... I'm looking through the apps right now. This is going to be awesome.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:20 PM   #218
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Seriously there is a ton of aps...fun and resourceful.

I just bought the Yo Mama one tonight, hilarious. It's worth the 99 cents.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:00 AM   #219
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

So i got the fstream app but have been unable to find the 'real' 1310 the ticket.

Help?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:09 AM   #220
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
So i got the fstream app but have been unable to find the 'real' 1310 the ticket.

Help?
post #207
Old 02-18-2009, 12:20 AM   #221
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Quote:

Help?
Did you try that? That's the only way I know how.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:41 AM   #222
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Flaco, once again you do serve a purpose in this world! Thank you!
Old 02-18-2009, 02:01 AM   #223
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It totally is. It comes clutch when i'm bored in class.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:03 AM   #224
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
as someone who loves his iPod....I'm intrigued. Shoot me.

I'm sure as hell not going to buy one. I'm the kind of guy who signs a new phone contract every year and takes whatever phone is free!
I'm reading through the thread and this made me laugh
Old 02-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #225
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Oh I admitted it. I caved. I caved huge. And I heart my stupid iPhone.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #226
fluid.forty.one

haha I understand bro. I feel the same way about getting mine.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:27 PM   #227
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

i really don't know how I functioned without one now. it's ridiculous. if it only cured herpes.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:34 AM   #228
Rick41
Diamond Member

There's no point in living life without my iphone.

Ok a little dramatic, but the point is out there.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:37 AM   #229
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
i really don't know how I functioned without one now. it's ridiculous. if it only cured herpes.
Surely there's an app for that.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:41 AM   #230
Windmill360
Diamond Member

There's an app that wards off mosquitoes.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:02 AM   #231
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

let me let me let me upgrade ya!!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #232
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
I'm switching to at&t and getting an iPhone later this week!
Tomorrow is the big day. I feel like a little kid getting ready to go to Toys-R-Us.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:13 PM   #233
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Tomorrow is the big day. I feel like a little kid getting ready to go to Toys-R-Us.
Congrats! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #234
fluid.forty.one

I'm watching Dirk highlights on my iPhone right now

Old 02-23-2009, 01:46 PM   #235
BGMaverick9
Guru

What size did you get?
Old 02-23-2009, 01:52 PM   #236
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

size doesn't matter. It's how you use it
Old 02-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #237
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Old 02-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #238
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's what the wee-men say...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #239
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

You got me.

I have a small

iPhone. I got the 8 gig one.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-23-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #240
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I got the 8 gig one.
Is this where I make a joke about your deprived wife?

(nah - there are certain lines you just don't cross...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-23-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote