Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-27-2009, 12:27 AM   #2121
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Pink Floyd - Ummagumma (1969)
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #2122
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Ween - Chocolate & Cheese
Freedom of '76

(EL's avatar reminded me of their greatness!)

Old 09-28-2009, 02:27 AM   #2123
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Boognish!!

Ween is the greatest live band I have ever seen. I saw them a few weeks ago when they came to AZ and it was the best experience of my short life thus far. The Meatpuppets were good and got the crowd going, then Ween came on and it was like Heaven opened up to the entire crowd. It was a mixture of rapture, rowdy cheering and awed silence. They played for almost 3 hours with a 5 song encore including the best version of Fiesta Ive ever heard where the drummer had one of the best drum solos Ive ever heard and its hard to have an 8 minute drum solo that doesnt get boring. Everyone in the crowd knew the lyrics and it was just one of those truly amazing experiences.

I've seen a lot of concerts where its cool to see the musicians live but they sound like crap compared to their albums. Ween sounds EXACTLY like they do on their albums, only their amazing musicianship makes them even better because the songs go on so much longer with deeper grooves, better solos and an amazing vibe. Go see them if they play even remotely close to you and you like their songs.

And BTW

Zydeco punk with traditional influences and a touch of Gogol Bordello and the Pogues. Great stuff. I'm totally addicted.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-28-2009 at 02:30 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:37 AM   #2124
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:06 AM   #2125
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Freedom of '76

BEST album cover EVER. I honestly have never really listened to Ween. But when I worked at Sam Goody in College, i would always make it a point to make sure that album was on the front of the rack in the "W's". Just a nice thing to see when you walk by.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:05 PM   #2126
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Alice in Chains - Black gives way to blue
Old 10-09-2009, 01:02 AM   #2127
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Crack The Skye - Mastodon
Killadelphia - Lamb of God
Wrath - Lamb of God
Old 10-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #2128
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i always liked putting pictures in here... picked up all these cds the other day (yes, i still buy cds, we've discussed this before):

Really liking the new PJ. "The fixer" has just grown and grown and grown on me, along with "Just Breathe" and "Amongst the Waves".

Yes, that's Pete Yorn and Scarlett Johansson. I'm a big fan of yorn, and this is a pretty good cd. Scarlett has a pretty damn good voice. I haven't heard her solo album, and probably won't buy it, but this combo with yorn is good.

I am in love with carlile - too bad i have no chance (she's gay ). But she has one of the most amazing voices in music. Beautiful yet earthy and gruff at the same time. She has a duet with Elton John on here that is a pretty cool song, but the whole album is great.

A texas boy, so some of you may listen to him. I've been a fan of his for years, and this latest cd is another solid effort. i could roll the windows down in my car and drive around aimlessly for hours listening to his music.

I didn't think i was big fan of sister hazel until i looked at my collection and saw i have every single one of their cds, and have seen them in concert a few times. They've just been consistently putting out enjoyable music. This acoustic cd is great - strips down the songs and there's a lot more emotion behind them.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 10-09-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:47 AM   #2129
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Not now, but tomorrow when the new "Rammstein" goes on sale.

Ein Massengraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaab
Old 10-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #2130
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Ellis Paul - The Day After Everything Changed

New CD, won't be available until January. I got it at a concert.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:33 PM   #2131
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Old 10-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #2132
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Freedom of '76

Pure Guava is still one of my all time favorite albums to break out whenever a party happens.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:07 AM   #2133
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

This album just came out 2 hours ago CST here in the states. For anyone who likes something a little different, but still enjoys alternative/pop would like them. They are a fun, semi-trippy band from Denmark.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:30 AM   #2134
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

AlbyĀ“s Jukebox.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:30 PM   #2135
Underdog

Aphex Twin - Rubber Johnny (video by Chris Cunningham /// R-Rated for creepiness, language)

Happy Halloween!

Old 11-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #2136
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

How Ā“bout something baseball related ?

Apetite for destruction

Last edited by GermanDunk; 11-04-2009 at 12:26 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:46 PM   #2137
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Listen to the entire Them Crooked Vultures album on youtube. Album is released next week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfpXf...C1368DF9BDE312
Old 11-10-2009, 03:14 AM   #2138
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

listened to the new john mayer cd (coming out next week)

another 10 out of 10
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:12 AM   #2139
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #2140
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure how many of you have gotten to appreciate the greatness of Continuum and "Where the light is" but everyone neeeeds to get "Battle Studies" by John Mayer. Holy crap.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #2141
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

eyes set to kill. Its kinda like flyleaf plus a screamo band. Its an interesting band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4jL5ZhYl6o
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:37 AM   #2142
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Old 12-11-2009, 06:04 PM   #2143
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

mudvayne - mudvayne
Old 12-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #2144
mavsgirl4134

mavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to behold

I love me some 90's.

Last edited by mavsgirl4134; 12-16-2009 at 12:05 PM.
mavsgirl4134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #2145
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Got a Johnny Cash greatest hits CD for Christmas. It's solid as you'd expect.
Also got a Gary Allan greatest hits CD. He is probably the best that Country Music has had to offer over the past decade.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:24 AM   #2146
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by bernardos70; 01-11-2010 at 02:25 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:39 AM   #2147
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Got a Johnny Cash greatest hits CD for Christmas. It's solid as you'd expect.
Also got a Gary Allan greatest hits CD. He is probably the best that Country Music has had to offer over the past decade.
i really like gary allan but that might be a bit much. George Straight and kenny chesney have both been darn good during that time frame.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #2148
fluid.forty.one

Old 01-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #2149
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:03 PM   #2150
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Been listening to RJD2 - The Colossus

I caught The Goodie Mob at the house of blues last Sunday so I've also been on a Goodie Mob/Outkast kick.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #2151
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
I go with Seppultura
Old 01-27-2010, 11:10 PM   #2152
Five-ofan
Guru

Has anyone heard slipknots new song snuff? I really like the song. Im shocked it wasnt recorded as a stone sour song instead of a slipknot song but still nice.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #2153
Underdog

Fleet Foxes - S/T (2008)
White Winter Hymnal
He Doesn't Know Why

Old 02-17-2010, 06:49 AM   #2154
Frank_Wang

Frank_Wang is on a distinguished road

Fearless - Taylor Swift
Frank_Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #2155
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

My gf got me this for Valentines Day. I love this CD.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:39 AM   #2156
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Frank, is Taylor Swift big in your country?

Last edited by bernardos70; 02-17-2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Had her name backwards. Goes to show ya....
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #2157
Frank_Wang

Frank_Wang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
Frank, is Taylor Swift big in your country?
Yes,she is.album of the year!
Frank_Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:41 AM   #2158
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:

Fleet Foxes - S/T (2008)
White Winter Hymnal
He Doesn't Know Why
Major props, dude. Fleet Foxes have such a unique sound. I totally dig it.

Billy Bragg/Wilco - Mermaid Avenue
Old 02-18-2010, 01:19 AM   #2159
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:

Fleet Foxes - S/T (2008)
White Winter Hymnal
He Doesn't Know Why
I dig FF as well.

In fact, besides the music, the note they have in the liner notes of that album (about music and memories) are some of the truest words ever written, and exactly how i feel about music as a whole.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:50 AM   #2160
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

you should hear this. it is really really great.

Last edited by mkat; 02-20-2010 at 12:50 AM.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here