Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-21-2008, 11:46 PM   #761
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

dude,

Gangs.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2008, 12:16 AM   #762
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
dude,

Gangs.
Oops...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #763
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

I saw "superbad" over the weekend... there was one scene that made me laugh until I couldn't breathe anymore. Its been a LOOoong time since I had a real belly laugh at a movie.... Good stuff.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #764
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
I saw "superbad" over the weekend... there was one scene that made me laugh until I couldn't breathe anymore. Its been a LOOoong time since I had a real belly laugh at a movie.... Good stuff.

welcome to the darkside. that movie is amazing. It's a Little long, but i love the cussing, and the fat kid, jonah is hilarious
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:44 PM   #765
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
And the vermin of the world inhabit it
And its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit
And it goes by the name of London......
Old 01-27-2008, 12:30 AM   #766
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

double post

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 01-27-2008 at 10:21 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:39 AM   #767
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Evil,

Proposition was the hotness. I'm a huge Guy Pearce fan, so that was cool. It was actually written by Nick Cave (of The Bad Seeds).

Also, just wanted to let everyone know that "There Will Be Blood" is probably the best movie of the decade, and Daniel Day Lewis' performance may be my favorite of all time (definitely top 3). Paul Dano holds his own, although DDL outshines him a bit too much in some scenes, but hey, he's DDL. The direction and cinematography were sublime, echoing Malick, Ozu, and Kubrick all at once. The film definitely had an overall Kubrickian feel, from the shots to the story structure. The score, composed by Radiohead's Johnny Greenwood, was rock-solid as well.

Must-see!
"I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!"

Daniel Day Lewis rocks my world. It was impossible to soak all of this movie in during one viewing. I liked watching Paul Dano, but I had a hard time not thinking of him as "Dwayne Hoover"......not that the two characters were similar or anything.

And I undersand the tone that musical score was supposed to be setting, but it was a bit distracting at times.

Great movie.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 01-27-2008 at 12:40 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:08 PM   #768
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Some pretty great moments in the screen actors guild awards tonight

1. Daniel Day Lewis' acceptance speech was just as gripping as his acting.
2. No Country For Old Men won the ensemble cast and said screw you if you didn't like the ending... I second that.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #769
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

saw Juno yesterday. I liked it. The acting was really good all around (page, cera, simmons and bateman were great). But the script... I know it was nominated for an Oscar, but it was way too "trying to be hip with random pop culture references".

but that's really the only shortcoming - some of the dialogue. but i think the acting was good enough that i didn't focus on those lines too much. overall, it's a really good movie.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #770
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Just bought "The Pursuit of HappYness" today... I really liked it in theaters. I like me some feel good movies.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #771
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Rambo.

Extremely violent. Really good. Some of the lines seemed too forced, but it was on par with the other Rambo's.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:26 AM   #772
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

I saw "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" last night.

I loved it. Great movie.

I have to admit that after my kids were born (3 starting in 2001), I basically stopped watching movies or paying attention to what out there... so I had never heard of this. A very good way to watch it! I had NO idea what to expect, (even genre), which allowed it to set itslef up perfectly without expectations. I wish I could see EVERY movie that way!!

**similar note** one of the last movies I saw in the theaters was "Memento"--- very similar situation. I saw it in an arthouse theatre across the street from the hospital (my first daughter had to stay in the hospital for six weeks before we could bring her home), and had never heard anything about the movie (this was before the hype really hit) and just walked in because it was convienient.

Zero expectations + great movie = best movie going experience ever
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #773
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Hearbreak Kid - oscar worthy.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:42 PM   #774
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
I saw "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" last night.

I loved it. Great movie.

I have to admit that after my kids were born (3 starting in 2001), I basically stopped watching movies or paying attention to what out there... so I had never heard of this. A very good way to watch it! I had NO idea what to expect, (even genre), which allowed it to set itslef up perfectly without expectations. I wish I could see EVERY movie that way!!

**similar note** one of the last movies I saw in the theaters was "Memento"--- very similar situation. I saw it in an arthouse theatre across the street from the hospital (my first daughter had to stay in the hospital for six weeks before we could bring her home), and had never heard anything about the movie (this was before the hype really hit) and just walked in because it was convienient.

Zero expectations + great movie = best movie going experience ever

two great movies. Eternal Sunshine is definitely in my top 5 favorite movies ever.

i actually saw Memento in a similar way! i was on the road in philly the year it came out. Had some time to kill and saw a local arthouse theater down the street. I had a VERY vague iknowledge of the movie, had seen one preview. i had no interest in the other two movies showing at this place, so I stopped in and saw it and really liked it. like you said, almost zero expectations.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:04 PM   #775
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

for those who liked 3:10 to Yuma and The Proposition, take a look at Seraphim Falls (I probably mentioned it somewhere in here before, but it's worth another mention).

I watched the old 3:10 to Yuma the other day. Pretty interesting. pretty different. The ending completely sucked, and was exactly what I thought the new one would be when I was watching the new one.

ON another, "Awesome Movie" hand, ROBOCOP was on tv last night. That might be the best movie ever made in which Dallas plays Detroit.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:29 AM   #776
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

The Last Man on Earth. This was the 1964 version of I am Legend, starring a young (ish) Vincent Price. It was cool, but only to see a bit more of this story in a historical context. Of the three that I've seen (Last Man on Earth, Omega Man, and I am Legend), this is closest to the book. The screenplay for it was actually written by the original story author, but when he saw The Last Man on Earth as the final product, he asked that his name be removed from the film. It was probably a good idea, because the movie itself kinda sucked.

If anyone out there is more of a vampire buff than the average movie goer (me), do you know if the original story "I am Legend" from 1954 was really the first time someone had thought up the idea of the whole world turning into vampires?
Old 02-18-2008, 01:15 AM   #777
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Children of Men

Wow...

The longshots in this film are absolutely amazing, Clive Owen is a brilliant actor, and the plot is downright frightening... Best sci-fi movie I've seen in a long time...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:25 AM   #778
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Jumper.

When you can't find anything else better to do on a saturday night, it'll still suck. The movie really went nowhere. Acting/editing was terrible. Looking at Rachael Bilson is the only good thing, and she's not all that. I hope Sam Jackson doesn't go to these type of movies anymore, although the ending kinda left room for a sequel.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 02-18-2008, 02:17 AM   #779
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I heard it would be a trilogy?

Anyway, I thought Jumper was pretty bland. Good popcorn movie for the masses. But it was quite shallow. Funny unintentional moment: near the end, Samuel L Jackson gives that "oh, you little rascal!" look in his face as the camera zooms out.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:59 AM   #780
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
I thought I heard it would be a trilogy?

Anyway, I thought Jumper was pretty bland. Good popcorn movie for the masses. But it was quite shallow. Funny unintentional moment: near the end, Samuel L Jackson gives that "oh, you little rascal!" look in his face as the camera zooms out.

I know exactly what you are talking about. That got the biggest laugh out of me and my friends, and we kept doing it to each other at work today. And something else strange i thought was the fact they originally offered the lead role to Eminem of all people. That's how you know expectations weren't that high to begin with.

~The Salesman
Old 03-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #781
Nash13
Diamond Member

Michael Clayton- it was alright. Tom Wilkonson and George Clooney were pretty good, that's about it. I like Tilda Swinton, but she didn't deserve no oscar.

Semi-Pro- it was better than i thought it'd be. Still not great, just decent. It'll make you laugh.

~The Salesman
Old 03-03-2008, 03:07 PM   #782
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Children of Men

Wow...

The longshots in this film are absolutely amazing, Clive Owen is a brilliant actor, and the plot is downright frightening... Best sci-fi movie I've seen in a long time...
right on. That was a great movie. The pause in the battle is something that sticks with me.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:00 PM   #783
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

yeah I liked Children of Men too. good movie
Old 03-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #784
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

didn't do it for me.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:49 PM   #785
bernardos70
Diamond Member

I thought the cinematography on that movie was......... amazing. Even if the rest of the movie was kinda meh, which it was. Just couldn't ignore how technically amazing it was. That opening scene with the Coffee Shop Explosion? Amazing. And don't even talk about those long shots. They really were awe inspiring
Old 03-04-2008, 01:21 AM   #786
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Tonight: the final existing version of this "I am Legend" story (that I know of). I've watched "Last Man on Earth" (1964 with Vincent Price), "The Omega Man" (1971 with Charlton Heston), and "I am Legend" (2007 with Will Smith). All of these were pretty interesting, and stuck their own little flavor into it. So I was looking a little forward to finishing it off with a 2007 straight to video version starring who the heck knows called "I am Omega." I was hoping for Toxic Avenger quality. I got through 5 minutes. Ack. Horrid. I'd rather watch the Mavs lose to Utah again. Hopefully sleep will wipe from my eyes the worst 5 minutes of movie that I've seen in quite some time.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:34 AM   #787
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

mr. brooks

not a bad movie at all -- Costner and Hurt were really good together, and Dane Cook is far less annoying as an actor in a fairly serious role than as a comedian. the downside is that demi moore really stunk. as her looks go, so goes her career I think.

Last edited by alexamenos; 03-04-2008 at 10:35 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:57 PM   #788
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Semi-Pro- it was better than i thought it'd be. Still not great, just decent. It'll make you laugh.
if you go watch semi pro, you should love it. its exactly what you should expect. Its right there with anchorman and talledega nights for his best movies.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #789
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Tonight: the final existing version of this "I am Legend" story (that I know of). I've watched "Last Man on Earth" (1964 with Vincent Price), "The Omega Man" (1971 with Charlton Heston), and "I am Legend" (2007 with Will Smith). All of these were pretty interesting, and stuck their own little flavor into it. So I was looking a little forward to finishing it off with a 2007 straight to video version starring who the heck knows called "I am Omega." I was hoping for Toxic Avenger quality. I got through 5 minutes. Ack. Horrid. I'd rather watch the Mavs lose to Utah again. Hopefully sleep will wipe from my eyes the worst 5 minutes of movie that I've seen in quite some time.
Sucker!

'I Am Omega' is an Asylum production - they specialize in straight-to-video copycat titles with less production value than your average porn flick... They're the cinematic equivalent of a Rick Roll...

Other golden nuggets by The Global Asylum:

100 Million B.C. (not to be confused with 10,000 B.C.)
Alien vs Hunter (not to be confused with Alien vs Predator)
Transmorphers (not to be confused with Transformers)
666: The Beast (not to be confused with The Omen: 666)
Snakes on a Train (not to be confused with Snakes on a Plane)
Pirates of Treasure Island (not to be confused with Pirates of the Caribbean)
The Da Vinci Treasure (not to be confused with The Da Vinci Code)

The list goes on...

Last edited by Underdog; 03-04-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #790
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Snakes on a Train lol
Old 03-05-2008, 01:17 PM   #791
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Sucker!

'I Am Omega' is an Asylum production - they specialize in straight-to-video copycat titles with less production value than your average porn flick... They're the cinematic equivalent of a Rick Roll...

The list goes on...
Yeah, I knew what I was getting into. Still couldn't make it through.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:27 PM   #792
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Yeah, I knew what I was getting into. Still couldn't make it through.
You attempted to watch it with eyes wide open, fully aware of Asylum's "film" reputation?

Brave?
Suicidal??
Masochistic???

Why man, why?????

Old 03-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #793
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
You attempted to watch it with eyes wide open, fully aware of Asylum's "film" reputation?

Why man, why?????
Just trying to follow through. Funnily enough, as bad as that 5 minutes were, it wasn't as bad as the 5 minutes I was able to put in on "Last Man Standing" that I watched after watching "Yojimbo" and "Fistfull of Dollars" But maybe that's because those two were just incredible, and all of the other "I am Legend" movies were just pretty good.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:36 PM   #794
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

I am not gonna start a thread for this so here goes my rant.

Why in the bloody f-ing hell are they speaking the english language in this new movie 10,000 B.C? I wanted to see this movie until I heard the famous words uttered "I WILL FIND YOU" Who's the idiot that made this call in the writing department? Things like this make me appreciate the genius of the Coen brothers.
\endrant

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 03-05-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #795
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

ice age 2....I think I like this one better than the first.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:38 PM   #796
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
I am not gonna start a thread for this so here goes my rant.

Why in the bloody f-ing hell are they speaking the english language in this new movie 10,000 B.C? I wanted to see this movie until I heard the famous words uttered "I WILL FIND YOU"
\endrant
how did you want them to speak? ogga booga...?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:47 PM   #797
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
how did you want them to speak? ogga booga...?
come on, preacha. you know it doesn't make any sense. if you are gonna go to all this trouble of making a movie representing a period in time...ahhh you're hopeless.

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 03-05-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:52 PM   #798
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

let me ask you this: Did you like the ending to No Country?
Old 03-05-2008, 11:11 PM   #799
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Finally saw Rushmore. It was pretty depressing besides the funny parts by Bill.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #800
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Saw We Own the Night. Terrible absolutely terrible by force.

Tags
annoying thread title, cadfail goes to work, flash fluff warning, got a bit fluffy in here, inception geeks..., stupidgookisstupid, what the fluff?