Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 02-14-2018, 09:59 AM   #1
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about
Default Players You Like On Other Teams

Since this is just a fan forum, we can get away with tampering. Lol.

The ASB is coming up, so there will be some down time. I figured this could be fun. Just a place to talk about players you like on other teams, irregardless of their contracts and/or whether the Mavericks could ever get them. I'm moreso talking about style of basketball; although, I guess I do have in mind to talk about role players more than superstars because everybody loves Steph Curry, etc., but not as many folks pay attention to say Gary Harris.

I'll start it off...

I really like Dejounte Murray from the Spurs. I like his character. He grew up in a rough neighborhood in Seattle, and even though he had an advantage of the Seattle basketball community kinda reaching out to him, he was smart enough to take advantage of it. I remember reading about how Jamal Crawford was a mentor of his from his middle school days & how they stayed in touch every day. How he would improve his game every summer working with Jamal. I respect his work ethic a lot. It just seems like he wants to be great. I can see why the Spurs picked him.

Not to mention, he's a 6-5 PG, very athletic & active. He's always been a good rebounder. He averaged 6 rpg in college as a freshman. His second year in the league this year he's averaging 5.3 rpb in 19 mpg, and he's only 21. I can see him at 25 getting 35 mpg and averaging 7-8 rpg as a PG. That's pretty sick. He's showing incremental progress each year in every other area too. He needs to improve his shot & work on keeping his TOs low. Passing will probably never be his strongest attribute, but seeing him average 5-6+ assists by the time he's 25 is very reasonable.

I can see him developing into a pretty hellacious perimeter defender too. A guy who can guard the 1, 2, or the 3, if needed.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2018, 04:07 PM   #2
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Pascal Siakam, Joe Ingles, Jaylen Brown, Horford, Conley&Gasol, Steven Adams, Hollis- Jefferson, Brandon Ingram, Jokic, Ginobli, DeRozan are all guys that I enjoy watching for various reasons.

DeRozan has such great footwork, ability to change speeds, can stop on a dime and hit tough jumpers and is a great finisher- very crafty with either hand around the rim. He's added something to his game every offseason and keeps getting better.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:08 AM   #3
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

I'm a fan of DeRozan too. I like his approach to the game. He was on Woj's podcast last month & Wojnarowski called it one of his best episodes of the show ever. Here's a link: https://art19.com/shows/thewojpod/ep...0-25d084ca1749

I think Steven Adams development has been pretty mindblowing. I also really like Brandon Ingram & the Joker.

What do you like about Pascal Siakam? I haven't seen much of him.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote