Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 09-07-2005, 10:52 AM   #1
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Connection Time Out Issue

Since sometime on September 6th, I've been experiencing an issue when posting an article or comment whereby I get a connection time-out message.

I have come to realize that the article or comment being posted goes through, but that I am not being returned to the forum. This has led to a few double posts on my part, and I'm noticing a similar outbreak of double-posts in other threads.

Is there anything browser setting that should be adjusted?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2005, 10:56 AM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Connection Time Out Issue

Forum Error
An error has occurred. If you wish to notify the administrator please click here.

To go back to the main forum page please click here.

ERROR INFORMATION:
Request timed out

The time taken to process your request has exceeded the allowable limit of 60 seconds. Please notify the server administrator (using the mail link below) that this error has occurred.

Note: You can override the request time limit by adding a 'RequestTimeout' parameter to the URL used to request the page (e.g. page.cfm?RequestTimeout=500).
Old 09-08-2005, 10:11 AM   #3
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Connection Time Out Issue

i highly doubt its a browser problem, most likely its the forum servers..

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:09 AM   #4
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I get timed out every single time I post now, regardless of what computer I'm on or what browser I'm using. Hopefully things will be ironed out soon.

Is there anything we can do to help DJ?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:46 PM   #5
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

is it me or has the number of posts been locked during this time as well?

Contact Me
Old 09-09-2005, 11:31 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I get the same thing too.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:39 AM   #7
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I have noticed that I have been on the same number of posts now as well regardless of how many new posts I make... No big deal, but the time out thing is a bit annoying...
Old 09-14-2005, 05:16 PM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is also affecting PM's. The reason I say this is because I have been sending PM's for the last couple of days and never get replies. So when you look at the string of PM's from/to a specific user the new ones you send show up in the string. But none of the PM's I have sent the last couple of days show up.

So either they are not making it, or you guys are just ignoring me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

DJ is the one that will be able to get this corrected. Unfortunately he has not been on since the 7th of September, before this issue happened.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:18 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

and just as I posted this one of my PM's made it through.

So maybe it's spotty at best?
Old 09-15-2005, 02:09 AM   #10
alby
Guru

the connection problems are starting to be a bit annoying and im growing pretty impatient with it, is there anything we can do? has anyone tried contacting dj?

Contact Me
Old 09-15-2005, 08:08 PM   #11
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I just now received this error message while trying to reply to alby's pm. I'll have my admin look into it again and keep you all posted.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 12:57 AM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I've noticed that if you click to reply, and then push stop after about 3-4 seconds, the post already went through and you can go on with your life. I think that means that the message is getting through but some sort of update isnt getting sent to the user.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:47 AM   #13
alby
Guru

thats probably why the number of posts is locked and not updating..

Contact Me
Old 09-18-2005, 11:13 AM   #14
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: alby

I can't believe all this valuable post-padding is going to waste.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 09-19-2005, 06:52 AM   #15
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

test for comparison IE6 v. Firefox.

Edit: same error, but the edit was processed without a hitch.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:57 AM   #16
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Quote:
Originally posted by: alby

I can't believe all this valuable post-padding is going to waste.
tell me about it =P

Contact Me
Old 09-28-2005, 07:14 PM   #17
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anyone NOT experiencing these problems?
Old 09-28-2005, 07:18 PM   #18
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I'm experiencing them.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:14 AM   #19
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: djbacklash
Is there anyone NOT experiencing these problems?
I think it is affecting everyone

Contact Me
Old 10-05-2005, 11:20 AM   #20
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone gonna fix it?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:06 PM   #21
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
Anyone gonna fix it?
Patience.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:33 PM   #22
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

No polls either.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:13 AM   #23
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

My post count has stopped as well. Has everyone's post count stopped? I guess I just wasn't paying that much attention.

Old 10-11-2005, 03:00 PM   #24
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I think I've been patient enough. As a regular poster, I and many others at least deserve an update as to what is going on with this issue. I'm tired of having to keep stopping or restarting posts. It really is getting annoying. Thanks.

Old 10-11-2005, 07:52 PM   #25
djb
Administrator

I have given you all updates as I have received them. If there was something new to report, then I would have done so already. I'm sorry this site has been such an inconvenience to you. Feel free to donate a new server at any time.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:50 PM   #26
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I have recieved no updates on the matter. I only see that you said you would keep us posted on September 15th which was a month ago.

Old 10-12-2005, 02:10 PM   #27
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
I have recieved no updates on the matter. I only see that you said you would keep us posted on September 15th which was a month ago.
Here is DJ's last update on the matter Devin. I am sure that DJ had no idea he was required to give you regular updates on the matter. I am sure he will be diligent now moving forward so that you don't miss out on your regular scheduled site updates.

Quote:
I believe my admin said the problem was with the server itself. At first we thought this could all be fixed by more frequent reboots..then we considered upgrading to the newest version of CF..now I think the only option is moving to a different box. I know it's ridiculously inconvenient and annoying, but everyone please bear with us. Thanks
By the way, this was posted on September 28th. In this thread.

edit: Oh and for your update for today: It's still the same.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #28
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Quote:
Feel free to donate a new server at any time.
To translate, DHWS: Put up or shut up.

Better yet, both.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:10 PM   #29
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
I think I've been patient enough. As a regular poster, I and many others at least deserve an update as to what is going on with this issue. I'm tired of having to keep stopping or restarting posts. It really is getting annoying. Thanks.
I believe this youngin has an overly-exaggerated sense of self-importance and entitlement.

How shocking.

If you find the site annoying, then go start your own, [insert your favorite expletive here].

And while you're at it, go [insert your favorite expletive here] yourself.

Thanks.

Old 10-12-2005, 04:38 PM   #30
djb
Administrator

From where I'm at, all I can do is contact my admin for periodic updates. I pass on the updates to you all as I get them. If I don't post anything, then that means I have nothing new to tell. Last I heard was that the server was dying and we are in the process of having everything transferred over to a temporary box (key word being temporary), which isn't exactly an easy task given the size of the current db.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:04 PM   #31
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

The most hostile people on here. Sheesh. Because it annoys me, I can't complain? So when my tv cable was having problems, was I just supposed to sit there and not do anything about it? If there is anything I can do to help, I would love to. I'm not a huge computer wiz though.

I don't talk to either Mary or Mavskikinyc, so you two can go ahead and give me all the expletives you want. Doesn't bother me a bit.
We all get frustrated folks. Doesn't mean you have to be hostile about it. It only makes you both look like hypocrites.

Thank you DJbacklash, that is all I asked.

Old 10-12-2005, 07:39 PM   #32
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Doesn't mean you have to be hostile about it.
I'm not one for confrontation - but surely if you would reread your original post, you would realize what an ass you are being.

You are not "deserving" of constant updates, and you haven't been "patient enough".

DM.com is not a business, and you are not a customer.

Its a free site. You have no right to complain or make demands.

Its not too difficult to understand.

....and since I spent 20 seconds of my life reading your worthless post, I felt more than "entitled" to respond.

Old 10-12-2005, 07:50 PM   #33
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I have the right to say what I wish within reason on here the same as everyone else. Jesus, I post to complain about one fricken thing that happens to annoy a lot of people, and suddenly I'm a bunch of expletives and tellin me off? Please, talk about maturity. I don't really care about gaining your respect, I'm here to post about the Mavs, that is the point of this site isn't it?

Funny if its so worthless that you keep responding. Ahh the ironies of life. Have a good night. Sorry you're so hostile. Ciao.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:27 PM   #34
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Complaining is one thing, displaying a boorish and rude sense of entitlement that you are owed something from somebody who expends a good deal of their own money to provide this absolutely free site to us is quite another thing. Most people don't appreciate spoiled brattish and immature behavior, and they have every much if not more right to complain that you do. The only one who deserves something is DJ and he deserves to be respected and thanked for his extreme generosity.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:51 PM   #35
mary
Troll Hunter

Well said, LRB.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:52 PM   #36
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:

Funny if its so worthless that you keep responding. Ahh the ironies of life. Have a good night. Sorry you're so hostile. Ciao.

If I lead a thirsty jackass to water, and it jumps in and drowns itself - at least I can walk away knowing that I tried to help.

I would probably characterize the results of our discourse as "unfortunate", but not necessarily "ironic".

Irony is more like when it rains on your wedding day...or you don't take free advice...or at least that's what I hear.

Old 10-13-2005, 12:13 AM   #37
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Irony is when people are telling you to go get a ladder to get out of your hole, and you buy a shovel.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:23 AM   #38
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

And how am I supposed to know that someone provides a good deal of their own money for this site? I don't. If this site needs some cash, I'd be welcome to lend a hand. Is this site one big social club or something? Cause if it is, I could care less. I'm here to talk about the Mavs. So I got frustrated one day about the connection thing? Is it life and death? No people, it isn't. I'm not digging myself a hole Erica. Nobody offered a ladder. I was told to shut the bleep up and all the rest of colorful expletives. Tough. Its a free site everyone exclaims, well the same with the country. I'm gonna speak my mind. You all can choose to differ in opinion all you want. To tell me off so immaturely is ridiculous.

Old 10-13-2005, 04:38 AM   #39
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

You are free to slap your mother too, but I think people would get on you for that too.

Fact is, you are getting a service for free. If you want to whine about the free service you are getting, then go somewhere else. And I can't believe you are continuing the whole "its a free country" thing. Seriously. No one is denying your right to free speech. But if you are an ungrateful a-hole people will speak up, nothing to do with freedom of speech.

In the great words of the dude "G-d damn you Walter! You f**kin' asshole! Everything's a f**kin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that s**t about Freedom of Speech? What the F**K, has anything got to do with Freedom of speech? What the f**k are you talking about? "
Old 10-13-2005, 04:53 AM   #40
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Well I love that movie, but I'm not really sure that has relevance. I have the freedom to vote right? So if I write to my congressman complaining about something I don't like, I sincerely doubt he'll write back telling me off. That is the my point.

I'm not whining about the fact that the service is free anyways. I complained because the connection timeout issue was crashing my computer. I dunno if it was the website or not, but I got frustrated about it. I hadn't noticed any relevant updates. I read that "is anyone NOT experiencing these problems" from Djbacklash. I don't see how that counts?

Me being ungrateful would be me posting 1-10 posts in all on here then getting upset. I have posted here everyday for months. I will continue doing so. At the very least I'm concerned about this issue and want it fixed.