Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 10-13-2005, 06:49 AM   #41
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Connection Time Out Issue

If your computer is crashing I can assure you it is not caused by the site issues. The issues are server side only, not client side (you are the client).

If your computer is crashing you have an issue that you need to deal with that doesn't involve this site whatsoever.

What you will see, because of the issues that exist, is when you post it will seem to never post your response and instead give you a time out page if you let it run it's course (a 60 second timespan). Anything more than that is a problem that you are experiencing and not everyone else. And it is certainly not caused by accessing/posting to the site.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:20 PM   #42
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Connection Time Out Issue

Not that this is my argument, and I hate to jump into water with sharks, but the whole "This is a free country too..." thing you mentioned is also not relevant. First of all, you pay taxes in this country, (if you are old enough to work that is), so this country is not free in a monetary sense. The fact that you pay taxes gives you a right to complain about your country in the various ways Americans do; however, the last time I checked, DJ did not audit anyone here on the lack of paying taxes so you do not get to be as rude about this site as you do about this country! If you do, people will tell you that you are being rude like Mary and LRB have so far in this thread. The "FREE SERVICE" DJ is offering is free to your pocketbook, (which obviously, our great country does NOT offer). I am currently paying 358 per month in taxes for my home so I can understand the difference!

With all of that said, I think everyone is frustrated with this time out problem, but all everyone is trying to tell you is not to be rude about showing your frustration. The fact that DJ is doing this all on his own with the only help coming from donations is something you should let sink in for a minute. This is a wonderful site that has recently had problems. Be patient and let DJ get this fixed in the time and means he can afford. I assure you that he isn't sitting back and laughing at us all while we see TIMEOUT on our screen.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:32 PM   #43
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

.....also, since it's been a couple of days since you have recieved a "site update". The issue is still the same.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:03 PM   #44
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

They didn't tell me I was being rude, they told me off. Far different. But "wow" to anyone who cares enough to tell me off, because of the connection timeout issue I complained about days ago.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 12:09 AM   #45
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

the only thing this argument does is increase the size of the db making it that much harder to transfer everything over to the temp server ha. =P

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 04:51 PM   #46
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I've sent quite a few msgs off to my admin during the last week and a half and have yet to hear back. This is pretty strange considering that he usually gets back to me within a few hours. Anyway, I'll do what I can to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible, but as I said before, there isn't much I can do from where I'm sitting.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:04 PM   #47
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i just want to chime in.

Comparing access to this site with the Cable Company = WORST ANALOGY EVER

and mary, those things aren't ironic, they're just sucky things that happen. you'd think alanis would've looked up the definition before writing the song.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:24 PM   #48
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
i just want to chime in.

Comparing access to this site with the Cable Company = WORST ANALOGY EVER

and mary, those things aren't ironic, they're just sucky things that happen. you'd think alanis would've looked up the definition before writing the song.

Is the fact that she wrote a song about irony that wasn't ironic,...... ironic?

Not to get back on topic.....but E.L. mentioned earlier about using the stop button after you post. This actually works pretty well.

I don't use "stop", but I use the "back" button and then "reload" - and it works just fine, you don't have to wait to be timed out at all. I'm sure alot of people have figured this out already, I'm just pointing it out for those who haven't.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:04 PM   #49
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

or to make it easier, just hit the "Dallas-MavsCom" home button.

Contact Me
Old 10-18-2005, 11:27 PM   #50
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Minor Update:

1. New server won't be ready for at least a few weeks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

2. Time-permitting (our admin is swamped right now), we're going to try a vBulletin port.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:03 AM   #51
alby
Guru

thanks DJ

Contact Me
Old 10-19-2005, 07:00 PM   #52
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstartAnd how am I supposed to know that someone provides a good deal of their own money for this site? I don't. If this site needs some cash, I'd be welcome to lend a hand.

Then how 'bout clicking here.

DJ always appreciates donations, of any size.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 10-20-2005, 12:03 PM   #53
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstartAnd how am I supposed to know that someone provides a good deal of their own money for this site? I don't. If this site needs some cash, I'd be welcome to lend a hand.

Then how 'bout clicking here.

DJ always appreciates donations, of any size.
After the shit you and your cohorts said, my want to help this site out has dimished quite considerably.

Dj Backlash, whom should have been the only one responding in the first place, is one of the only people who hasn't been ridiculous about this. She/he gave me the update and it was over, but no..... you and Big BOy Laroux have to give your two cents. Then you have the audacity to tell me to donate? Haha another "wow" is in place here.

Old 10-20-2005, 12:12 PM   #54
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
After the shit you and your cohorts said, my want to help this site out has dimished quite considerably.

Dj Backlash, whom should have been the only one responding in the first place, is one of the only people who hasn't been ridiculous about this. She/he gave me the update and it was over, but no..... you and Big BOy Laroux have to give your two cents. Then you have the audacity to tell me to donate? Haha another "wow" is in place here.
I didn't tell you to do anything. You were the one that said you were willing to help. While perusing the "Contributing Members" thread, I noticed that you had yet to put your money where your mouth is.

Also, I don't see how our conflict should effect your ability or willingness to donate, as I am in no way officially affiliated with dm.com.

Old 10-20-2005, 12:44 PM   #55
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yeah you didn't tell me to do anything, but you're the last person to remind me to donate. While pursuing contributing members? You're sick. You keepin tabs on me now? Maybe you could find another way to spend your time instead of mouthing off to me. I'm done posting in this section now. I will watch the updates as they are given and thats it. You and whoever else can continue this moot ridiculousness. Have fun.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:15 PM   #56
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
Yeah you didn't tell me to do anything, but you're the last person to remind me to donate. While pursuing contributing members? You're sick. You keepin tabs on me now? Maybe you could find another way to spend your time instead of mouthing off to me. I'm done posting in this section now. I will watch the updates as they are given and thats it. You and whoever else can continue this moot ridiculousness. Have fun.

FYI, you don't really have to post in this section in order to donate (even though I posted a most helpful link in this thread). The paypal/donation button is located at the bottom of the page and is accessible from virtually every page on the site.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:01 PM   #57
alby
Guru

you guys are cute

Contact Me
Old 10-20-2005, 08:14 PM   #58
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

No need to be an arse devin. You were out of line.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:32 AM   #59
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

man, i post one thing and I'm giving my two cents? i think it was more on the one cent level.

and yeah, i checked the contributing members page, too. if someone is complaining, and the problem is that a new server is needed, and the site is free but accepts donations, and the person complaining has never donated... well, i just don't see that person having a right to complain.

seems simple to me
Old 10-22-2005, 12:16 PM   #60
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I think its funny when people argue on the internet.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:52 AM   #61
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Dj Backlash, whom should have been the only one responding in the first place ...
There is a feature on this site called Private Messages where you can send and recieve messages that are only visible to the sender and reciever. I would suggest that you use that in the future when you want to communicate with one and only one person, instead of posting in a public forum.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:59 PM   #62
alby
Guru

[img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]

Contact Me
Old 10-24-2005, 08:56 PM   #63
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
stuff it donkey.

aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:34 PM   #64
djb
Administrator

First vb conversion attempt was a failure. Uhm that is all.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:14 AM   #65
djb
Administrator

Second conversion attempt will be this weekend. Fingers crossed..
Old 11-05-2005, 03:28 PM   #66
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Nice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] can't wait for VB, it's a much better forum software and will process everything instantly since its coded in php which is lightyears ahead of cfm

Can't wait [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:51 AM   #67
alby
Guru

did it not work? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Contact Me
Old 11-08-2005, 11:39 AM   #68
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Dammit, DJ! I deserve an update!
Old 11-09-2005, 11:10 AM   #69
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

and a new hairdo apparently...oh and its spelled Damnit....Good try though.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:12 AM   #70
mary
Troll Hunter

I thought it was spelled "I'm done posting in this section now".

Old 11-09-2005, 12:04 PM   #71
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

yeah but I know that some losers who clearly have no lives are still harping on what I said so its fun to just make fun of them....just killin some time before work....where as people like big boy laroux pratically live on this one topic....so I do it in jest now

Old 11-09-2005, 07:55 PM   #72
djb
Administrator

Weren't able to get it imported using the cracked eval version of vB 3.51. I'm purchasing the $160 license this week so we can get some product tech support.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:25 PM   #73
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Ever looked at SimpleMachines. Its a nice FREE forum software. Much like phpBB.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 02:43 AM   #74
djb
Administrator

I've already purchased the full vB license. I mainly decided to go with vB due to the amount of support it has and the fact that it is _supposed_ to include a fully functional FuseTalk import script.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:54 PM   #75
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Well done on the problem fix

Old 11-21-2005, 06:00 PM   #76
djb
Administrator

Old 11-21-2005, 07:46 PM   #77
alby
Guru

im so happy lol

Contact Me
Old 11-22-2005, 11:02 AM   #78
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Well done on the problem fix
donate some money and help him pay for the site.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote