Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 11-05-2006, 02:44 PM   #41
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs Rule
Just curious, why has Spurs vs. Cavs not settled yet? Does the software automatically settle or is it done manually? Thanks.
The person who started the thread sets the time of when it gets settled. Thiggy didn't realize this at first so the settling time for this particular game will be slightly longer than most.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2006, 03:12 PM   #42
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Thanks Nashty, you just got some extra rep.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 03:13 PM   #43
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thanks Nashty, you just got some extra rep.
Your welcome, and thank you

Edit: I haven't received rep from you yet

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 11-05-2006 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #44
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

You got it, sorry it was delayed.

Old 11-05-2006, 03:26 PM   #45
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
You got it, sorry it was delayed.
Haha, it's fine. I was jw cuz you said you did and it hadn't shown up. Thanks

Old 11-05-2006, 05:09 PM   #46
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I suck at this game.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:11 PM   #47
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Same here

I have 50 left, with 50 riding on the Pats. If they win I'll have 150 which I'll put all on the Mavs over the Warriors. If the Pats win I should be in ok shape.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:10 AM   #48
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Same here

If the Pats win I should be in ok shape.
lol, sorry man.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:13 PM   #49
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

After the Mavs were installed as such a serious underdog at home to the Warriors, vBookie now just seems tainted to me.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:31 PM   #50
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Dear heavens.... I know vBookie is such a serious thing.

I'm sooooo sorry you have been so hurt by this atrocity.

Heaven forbid anyone try to have fun with it.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #51
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

There should be some sort of crown at least - a la the arcade. Can we distinguish the top 5 or top 10 or whatever a good percentile is of the top vCash growers?

As well as the numerous 25 and under donuts?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:32 PM   #52
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

I win.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:15 AM   #53
Windmill360
Diamond Member

so if i bet 80 and win i only get my 80 back?
Old 11-17-2006, 10:27 AM   #54
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

in this threat are some thoughts that should be considered when you open a vbookie threat.http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27526
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #55
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

in vbookie threats with uneven odds you shouldnt be allowed to bet more then once or on both teams. You can gamble with no risk if you bet 100 on S.A. and 50 on CHI. You stay even or win 50 but where is the fun without risk.
So please dont do it like this.
I think there should be a rule or something on dallas-mavs com to avoid threats like this.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:08 PM   #56
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
I suck at this game.
Now you have 1081 vCash.... nice
Old 11-18-2006, 12:39 PM   #57
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
so if i bet 80 and win i only get my 80 back?
No, when you bet 80 with 1/1 odds you get your 80 back plus 80 more.

Old 12-02-2006, 12:18 AM   #58
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
You can already do that. Click on vBookie, then click on bet statistics and the list of top money and bets are listed. It probably own't change much until someone starts winning.

I lost $500 on the spurts tonight so it won't be me.
I was so excited when I saw this post. I ran over to the vbookie section thinking I would see my name in first place. now I'm completely bummed. I'll NEVER catch Julius. oh well. 3rd will do for now I suppose.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:41 AM   #59
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Im kind of getting the hang of this. And Im betting smartly too. Good for a start.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:04 AM   #60
Windmill360
Diamond Member

So can someone post a step by step on how to set aup a vbookie event cause i have no idea. All that i've tried is clicking the checkmark where it says "post as vbookie event" and have no clue what to do afterwards.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:51 PM   #61
Windmill360
Diamond Member

nobody?
Old 03-19-2007, 08:02 PM   #62
Julius

Is this vbookie thing going on forever or will it be reseted at one point, maybe after the season?

Last edited by Julius; 03-19-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:35 PM   #63
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Why, you don't want to be king forever?

Old 03-19-2007, 08:46 PM   #64
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

It will probably be reset at the beginning of next season.... but DJ can confirm.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:03 PM   #65
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

yes lets start fitting julius for the first ever vBookie championship ring
Old 03-19-2007, 09:13 PM   #66
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
It will probably be reset at the beginning of next season.... but DJ can confirm.
That sounds good.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:39 PM   #67
Julius

Talking where is the competition?

Obviously it's getting kind of boring, you know
And you all know that I'm the original king, thats enough
I'm allready thinking about which goal I should reach next. 50 million, a billion
Old 03-21-2007, 09:06 AM   #68
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius
Obviously it's getting kind of boring, you know
And you all know that I'm the original king, thats enough
I'm allready thinking about which goal I should reach next. 50 million, a billion
Hold your horses!!!!! Take a look and you will see that I am right on your trails

PS: Ignore the vCash number right next to my name. It does not mean a thing, I know I got robbed a few times this year, but the vPolice assured me that they would replace what I lost when they catch up to the vCrooks who took my vCash....Until then, be very careful on how you bet. You may look up and I will be king
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:07 AM   #69
Julius

The winner is PENTATWIRL!! Congratulation
Here are the top 5 of the first Dallas-Mavs vBookie season.

Richest People
pentatwirl has a total of 24600
ZueriMav has a total of 20000
VivaNajera has a total of 16212
Big Shot Rob has a total of 14420
syrian fan has a total of 7385

I blowed it, like the Mavs
Old 07-11-2007, 01:17 PM   #70
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Woah, where'd all your vCash go?!

Old 07-11-2007, 03:09 PM   #71
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Woah, where'd all your vCash go?!
All-in, Game 6.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:59 AM   #72
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

U2, i have a request. Maybe i'm the only one, but i thought i'd ask....

Often times I can't tell what the newest vBookie thread is. Like what the current mavs game is. I could look at the schedule. Sometimes 3 or 4 vBookie threads are bolded, and it's a real hassle. Sometimes one's that are a week old pop up. I was hoping maybe you could put the date in the title of the thread. I don't know if it is because i log in at d-m.com at work, and at home. I clear my cache and browsing history every few days. Maybe those thingss are messing it up?

Anyway, i was hoping you could just throw in the date from now on, on vBookie threads.

Here is a title for instance.

vBookie: Over/Under - New Jersey @ Dallas (7:30PM CST)

If instead it said something like

vBookie: Over/Under - New Jersey @ Dallas 3-10-2008 (7:30PM CST)

Or something like that. Could that work? Plus it might help if we ever want to go back to that thread in the future.

thanks
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:02 AM   #73
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

^ Word

Good idea!

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:38 AM   #74
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

If you click on the vBookie link at the top of the forum page it will take you to a page showing all of the open vBookie's. From there you will see the days games vBookie and you can click "thread" to be taken straight to that thread.

The problem with the bumped O/U was my fault because I got busy at work/life and didn't make totalling the O/U a priority. I got caught up yesterday. And I apologize for that. I try to only do that when the Mavs are on an off day (get caught up that is).
Old 03-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #75
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
U2, i have a request. Maybe i'm the only one, but i thought i'd ask....

Often times I can't tell what the newest vBookie thread is. Like what the current mavs game is. I could look at the schedule. Sometimes 3 or 4 vBookie threads are bolded, and it's a real hassle. Sometimes one's that are a week old pop up. I was hoping maybe you could put the date in the title of the thread. I don't know if it is because i log in at d-m.com at work, and at home. I clear my cache and browsing history every few days. Maybe those thingss are messing it up?

Anyway, i was hoping you could just throw in the date from now on, on vBookie threads.

Here is a title for instance.

vBookie: Over/Under - New Jersey @ Dallas (7:30PM CST)

If instead it said something like

vBookie: Over/Under - New Jersey @ Dallas 3-10-2008 (7:30PM CST)

Or something like that. Could that work? Plus it might help if we ever want to go back to that thread in the future.

thanks

NO. quit your job, and memorize the entire maverick schedule, then you won't get confused.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #76
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
The problem with the bumped O/U was my fault because I got busy at work/life and didn't make totalling the O/U a priority. I got caught up yesterday. And I apologize for that. I try to only do that when the Mavs are on an off day (get caught up that is).
Work/life is overrated - the Mavs are not...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:54 PM   #77
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

*sobs* It's gone....it's all gone....

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #78
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
*sobs* It's gone....it's all gone....
Not all of it, FIN.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #79
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

That's true, thank you PTB for leaving me 5k. You know, it's kind of like when you find a purse full of money, return it to the owner, and they give you a $10 bill as a reward. But at least you feel good for doing the right thing.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #80
FINtastic
Diamond Member

By the way, I've noticed a trend that whenever I bet for a team, they seem to lose. Maybe it was too much for the Cowboys to overcome when I plopped down 100 million on them to cover. Probably a good thing I'm not a real-life gambling addict.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson