Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-22-2007, 11:08 AM   #1
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Maverick-magic Number Watch

pardon me for starting my personal Maverick-magic number watch....

Division -- 7 (any combination of 7 wins by Mavs or 7 losses by Spurs gives mav the division)

Conference -- 11 (any combination of 11 wins by Mavs or 11 losses by Suns gives Mavs the 1 seed)
Old 03-22-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

please don`t jinx the mavs!!!
and don`t dare to say only x wins left until we get 61
Old 03-22-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

only 1 magic number matters.

16 (wins in playoffs).
Old 03-22-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Good post, I have been wondering about the magic number since the suns clinched.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

The magic number watch starts when the playoffs get going and I throw this under my sig and start crossing them off one by one....

Is it April yet??
Old 03-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #6
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i'm gonna start counting backwards now.....and i'll do it again when the playoffs start.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:45 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
The magic number watch starts when the playoffs get going and I throw this under my sig and start crossing them off one by one....

Is it April yet??
well arn't you special?!

I'm glad that I'm not the only that thinks magic number talk is risky...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 03-22-2007 at 02:45 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:49 PM   #8
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I was just bored one day at work.

and yes I am special

and yes magic number talk is risky when you still have to play the suns again...
Old 03-22-2007, 02:51 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I'm pretty sure Magic's number was 32.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:51 PM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRB
ok....lock this thread now
Old 03-22-2007, 03:04 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRB
I hate you...you're not doc are you?

is this THE LRB? The one and the only?

wait...a joke that bad............ITS THE REAL DEAL!!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 03-22-2007, 03:14 PM   #12
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I hate you...you're not doc are you?

is this THE LRB? The one and the only?

wait...a joke that bad............ITS THE REAL DEAL!!!
Can you write shorter posts? I got really bored with this one about half way through
Old 03-22-2007, 03:23 PM   #13
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Can you write shorter posts? I got really bored with this one about half way through
n

Old 03-22-2007, 03:25 PM   #14
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
n
that's still too long.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #15
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Actually, according to Avery the Mavs magic number is 1. That's the only game they need to concentrate on winning, the next one. So long as the Mavs always win the next game, they'll bring the trophy home.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #16
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRB
Actually, according to Avery the Mavs magic number is 1. That's the only game they need to concentrate on winning, the next one. So long as the Mavs always win the next game, they'll bring the trophy home.
boring.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:46 PM   #17
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

weren't we talking about magic or something?
Old 03-22-2007, 03:55 PM   #18
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
weren't we talking about magic or something?
shuuush I'm doing my best to hijack that jinxing talk.

Look, a killer whale!

Old 03-22-2007, 03:58 PM   #19
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Exclamation

Quote:
shuuush I'm doing my best to hijack that jinxing talk.

Look, a killer whale!
Old 03-22-2007, 04:04 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

who would have thought we'd spot a killer whale in this of all threads?

Old 03-22-2007, 04:05 PM   #21
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

They probably shouldn't let us post in the same threads anymore....
Old 03-22-2007, 04:07 PM   #22
alexamenos
Diamond Member

i shall count backwards, and all of the killer whale talk on earth shan't distract me.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:10 PM   #23
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Is it April yet??
That's nice, but don't you want to put the number 1 in there? Otherwise you're presenting the trophy before it's actually won (and then you'd have to cross it out).
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:10 PM   #24
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

thats magic!

to stay on topic *cough* imagine what he could do with a basketball....

Last edited by Lor20; 03-22-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:08 PM   #25
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
/me summons Mensah-Bonsu
Old 03-23-2007, 01:57 AM   #26
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Dont X out the trophy, that means we lost the last game. Add the num 1 then we X it when we win it then put a check mark on the trophy. This is it you guys!! I can finally feel it. This is not a junx, this is fate.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:33 AM   #27
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Only four teams have a mathematical chance of passing the Mavs.

Suns - 10
Spurs - 6
Jazz - 2
Pistons - 1 (HCA in the finals?)

Shut up And1, Mavs have season series tiebreaks over rockettrolls.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:45 PM   #28
alexamenos
Diamond Member

2nd quarter bump....just keeping this handy....

(i do not fear the magic number counting jinx)
Old 03-25-2007, 02:41 PM   #29
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Suns - 9
Spurs - 5
Jazz - 1
Old 03-25-2007, 02:45 PM   #30
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
2nd quarter bump....just keeping this handy....

(i do not fear the magic number counting jinx)
Me either only thing I fear is players (or owners) talking like they've got something sewn up. Hopefully cubes has learned that stupid lesson.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:51 PM   #31
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Me either only thing I fear is players (or owners) talking like they've got something sewn up. Hopefully cubes has learned that stupid lesson.
just to be on the safe side, i may not bump it next time mavs get a 20 point first quarter lead....
Old 03-25-2007, 02:54 PM   #32
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
just to be on the safe side, i may not bump it next time mavs get a 20 point first quarter lead....
Yea during the game everyone should stay in the moment.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:52 PM   #33
alexamenos
Diamond Member

oh yeah...

Suns - 8
Spurs - 5
Jazz - 1
Old 03-25-2007, 05:09 PM   #34
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Suns lost to Kings.

Where does that make the magic numbers now?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #35
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Suns lost to Kings.

Where does that make the magic numbers now?
Old 03-25-2007, 11:45 PM   #36
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Mavericks have now clinched home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs--14 1/2 up on Houston with 13 to play (Houston has 12 left).
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:58 PM   #37
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer
Mavericks have now clinched home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs--14 1/2 up on Houston with 13 to play (Houston has 12 left).
They clinched HCA in the finals as well.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #38
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Pardon me if Im wrong, but when the Mavs get to 62 or 63 wins. That already gives them division championship, right? Since the Spurts have now lost 20 games or if they lose another game.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 03-27-2007 at 11:07 AM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #39
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Pardon me if Im wrong, but when the Mavs get to 62 or 63 wins. That already gives them division championship, right? Since the Spurts have now lost 20 games or if they lose another game.
yeah, mavs magic number over the spurs is 5. five wins gets the mavs to 63 which is more than the spurs can possibly win.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:00 AM   #40
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Oh yeah...

Suns - 7
Spurs - 4