Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-01-2002, 12:40 AM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I was thinking about who should be on the roster for the playoffs, and I stumbled upon something that puzzled me. Could somebody answer this?

Griffs Rookie Year
Games: 72
Starts:47
Min: 26.8
FG%: 42.4
R: 5.2
A: 2.5
S: 1.6
PPG: 6.7

Last Year
Games: 44
Starts: 0
Min: 8.6
FG%: 39.0
R: 2
A: .6
S: .41
PPg: 2.1

Was Griffin hurt some of last year. Even if he was why couldn't he get minutes on that Boston team. They weren't very good last year. Did he somehow end up in Pitino's doghouse? A rookie season of 7pts/5Rb/1.6st is not to shabby. I can't understand what happenned.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2002, 12:42 AM   #2
MikeFin4

MikeFin4 is on a distinguished road

He was hurt last year!
Old 03-01-2002, 12:49 AM   #3
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

OK, that explains some of it, but even in the 44 games he did play his minutes were down. was it just one of those situations were you can't get your minutes back after coming of of IR, or was there more to it.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 07:28 AM   #4
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

grbh, from the NBA.Com player file:

2000-01:
Played 44 games and averaged 2.1 points, 2.0 rebounds in 8.6 minutes per game....Missed 29 games due to back related injuries (spent 27 on the injured list....Grabbed a season-high 9 rebounds vs. New Jersey (4/15/01)....Scored a season-high 10 points in just 13 minutes vs. L.A. Lakers (4/6/01)....Notched a season-high 4 assists in just 9 minutes vs. Orlando (12/30/00)....DNP-CD nine times

These back problems have been the main problem it appears. Pitino probably couldn't rely on him, it seems.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 07:53 AM   #5
MikeFin4

MikeFin4 is on a distinguished road

Exactly OzMavs, kind of like the situation with Gary Trent here last year. We all know he was the best PF on the team, but he couldn't play because he was unreliable. That IMO was the case with Griff, and once healthy Pitino couldn't trust him.
Old 03-01-2002, 01:22 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

actually, trent showed nothing when he was healthy the past couple of years (although he was injured most of the time)
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote