Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 08-27-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Partisan Advertising ABC and NBC

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...lth-care-plan/

How can they put ads the promote Obama Care, even run a special from the White House with Obamapropoganda, and refuse to air any debate or advertising that speaks out against it?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

did you even read the article? the answer is right there:
"The ABC Television Network has a long-standing policy that we do not sell time for advertising that presents a partisan position on a controversial public issue," spokeswoman Susan Sewell said in a written statement. "Just to be clear, this is a policy for the entire network, not just ABC News."

NBC, meanwhile, said it has not turned down the ad and will reconsider it with some revisions.

"We have not rejected the ad," spokeswoman Liz Fischer told FOXNews.com. "We have communicated with the media agency about some factual claims that require additional substantiation. As always, we are happy to reconsider the ad once these issues are addressed."
sheesh.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...lth-care-plan/

How can they put ads the promote Obama Care, even run a special from the White House with Obamapropoganda, and refuse to air any debate or advertising that speaks out against it?
Cause they can. Hardly worth the effort to bitch about it. If it was the days of 3 networks and two wire services maybe. Of course, you wouldn't know the difference then.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #4
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Old 08-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #5
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

First off I think people saying that ABC is bias is laughable... I can definitely see why people think that of NBC, but for a conservative to complain about a major network being the least bit bias while they are not shamed at all to be watching Fox News, then they are being a bit hypocritical IMO. I myself watch ABC for the most part, they do a very good job of covering truth to the story without bias and being equally hard on people in interviews.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #6
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Who owns the media?
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #7
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Question: How many anti-democrat threads can exist on one forum.

Answer: ?

Tune in and find out.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #8
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

I'd like to add that while I consider myself "middle of the aisle," I still generally lean right. That being said I still think that both parties are the cancer of this society and that this "ZOMG DON'T READ LEFT PROPAGANDA, instead always read right propaganda" is hilarious.

I'm surprised I haven't seen any threads proving that Obama is, in fact, the AntiChrist.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #9
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
I'd like to add that while I consider myself "middle of the aisle," I still generally lean right. That being said I still think that both parties are the cancer of this society and that this "ZOMG DON'T READ LEFT PROPAGANDA, instead always read right propaganda" is hilarious.

I'm surprised I haven't seen any threads proving that Obama is, in fact, the AntiChrist.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/122684...he_antichrist/

There you go, if you want to run with it. And just for balance. This has been edited to take the gory stuff out for the queasy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzMvu0CBKhs

Last edited by aquaadverse; 09-02-2009 at 09:46 PM.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter