Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-08-2016, 10:23 PM   #121
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Reverse of the year in GDT's tbh.
u are welcome
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2016, 10:40 PM   #122
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Anderson better be starting next season. That is all. His value is through the roof right now.
That wingspan tho
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:51 AM   #123
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@espn_macmahon: Raymond Felton on Dirk Nowitzki: "The way teams play Dirk, to me, is crazy. A guy that's 18, 19 years in the league, the superstar that he is, Hall of Famer that he's going to be, and he just gets beat up. Guys play him real physical. In my opinion, he should get more calls. Regardless of who don't like it, who don't like what I'm saying, I really don't care. In my opinion, he should get more calls. But it don't work that way, so whatever. If it was me, I'd probably have about 10 or 15 techs right now."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:00 AM   #124
TheSportyChannel
Banned

TheSportyChannel will become famous soon enoughTheSportyChannel will become famous soon enough

Justin Anderson - 19 points 10 rebounds
Mavs 6-0 with JA as the starter

Mavs don't need Parsons anymore. Parsons MAX is 23 million offered by the mavs but I would rather use that money to bring in 2 good players.

Plus Anderson plays DEFENSE unlike Parsons. Dirk has always played his best when he had a small forward who played defense next to him and could get rebounds.
AKA SHAWN "THE MATRIX" MARION

Last edited by TheSportyChannel; 04-09-2016 at 02:03 AM.
TheSportyChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:24 AM   #125
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Its a smallball game right now...just look at the Warriors...its awesome to have Wes, DA AND Parsons...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:36 AM   #126
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

Anderson may develop in some kind of Matrix Player.

I like it, especially his rebounding ability.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:15 AM   #127
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSportyChannel View Post
Justin Anderson - 19 points 10 rebounds
Mavs 6-0 with JA as the starter

Mavs don't need Parsons anymore. Parsons MAX is 23 million offered by the mavs but I would rather use that money to bring in 2 good players.

Plus Anderson plays DEFENSE unlike Parsons. Dirk has always played his best when he had a small forward who played defense next to him and could get rebounds.
AKA SHAWN "THE MATRIX" MARION
I agree, especially regarding Parson's poor defense. That's one of the major reasons that I don't think he should be resigned for max. A couple of people criticized me yesterday for suggesting we not sign Parsons because they were concerned about lack of offense. Personally, I prefer wing span, athleticism, defense, and rebounding, aka Anderson. Oh yeah, that double double wasn't too bad last night in only his 6th start. Bite me critics. :-P

Last edited by turin; 04-09-2016 at 08:17 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:54 AM   #128
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully what Carlisle has learned is that Anderson is a better option at the 3 than Wes. If Parsons returns he can slide over to the 4 when Dirk sits and Justin can come in as a sixth man. Parsons + Anderson could be a potent combo.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:01 PM   #129
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Hopefully what Carlisle has learned is that Anderson is a better option at the 3 than Wes. If Parsons returns he can slide over to the 4 when Dirk sits and Justin can come in as a sixth man. Parsons + Anderson could be a potent combo.
No thanks. For the money, I'd prefer Lee over Parsons at 4 and have Powell or another athletic defender in his spot.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 05:44 PM   #130
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
No thanks. For the money, I'd prefer Lee over Parsons at 4 and have Powell or another athletic defender in his spot.
Although I tend to agree when factoring money Anderson is the economical choice, I think having both of them is even better. I see Anderson as an Aminu next season (and even in the POs this year). If Dirk was 32 I'd be right with you but I think Parsons can give us as much production or more as Dirk at the 4 next season and will immensely help limit Dirk's minutes. In fact I think Parsons and Anderson will get most of the minutes. I also think Howard/Parsons/Anderson would be similar to Tyson/Dirk/Marion in 2011.

Anderson/Dirk/Parsons rotation at the 3-4 could be really special next season and something I'd love to see.
Howard/Mejri/Powell at center could be pretty awesome as well.

Last edited by rimrocker; 04-09-2016 at 05:49 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:28 PM   #131
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Anderson/Dirk/Parsons rotation at the 3-4 could be really special next season and something I'd love to see.
Howard/Mejri/Powell at center could be pretty awesome as well.
Agree with this. I really wish we could have seen Wes/JA/Parsons/Mejri on the floor at once. Instead we were still stuck in midget ball and running Zaza into the ground. I think you can get away with Parsons at the 4 against a lot of teams in today's nba with guys like Wes JA and Mejri around him. Much like we are hoping to surround Dirk with defenders to help him.

We just need a PG who is aggressive at getting in the paint-
http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...t=DRIVES&dir=1

JJ drives as often as Dwil does but he does it with 10 less minutes per game. IMO that is why the offense scores so well with JJ. If only there was a way to get Teague or Bledsoe. Just seem to be the perfect kind of pg for us with aggressive play and quality 3pt shooters. Some players on that list you have to look at the team's style of play as a factor also though. Like Conley would probably have more drives in our system than in Memphis.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:38 PM   #132
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...gular%20Season

I guess depending on how low his value is Lawson could be the had for a bargain flyer. His stock has never been lower but before this season he was tops in the league in drives per game for a crappy Denver team. I'm not a fan personally but for a 1 year bargain if Dwill opts out we could do worse.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote