Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-17-2002, 01:10 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Sent down to minors after another blown save last night.

link

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2002, 01:34 PM   #2
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

about damn time!
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 03:23 PM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Rocker is EVER going to be an effective reliever again. When is Zim due back?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 04:24 PM   #4
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Zim is still having trouble with his elbow. John Rocker sucks ass. Just plain sucks. I cant believe he is even on our roster. He sucked last year also. Thats why the braves traded him.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 04:25 PM   #5
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I now put Rocker in the category of people with Bobby Knight and Michael Jackson, where the circus has eclipsed the talent and he'll never see more than moderate success again. Rocker, of course, never reached the level of those two success wise, so he may suck forever.
Old 04-17-2002, 04:29 PM   #6
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I disagree. Remember, Rocker was haveing a pretty decent year last year before he got traded. He still brings heat. This year, people have just been smacking the hell out of his slider. If he's able to get that under control, we may see him return to his previous form.

The rangers really need left handed relief, and Rocker has shown the ability to be a very good left handed closer. There is no doubt he is needed here. If the Rangers show a little patience, he could be back soon.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 05:13 PM   #7
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

You're right about the slider. But then why keep throwing it when it blows save after save for you? I know he has to try to get it back sometime, but I wouldn't say now is the most opportune time.
Old 04-17-2002, 05:56 PM   #8
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Well, its better to get it back in AAA than in the big leagues. I see no harm in letting him get some work in down there, fixing whatever's wrong, and then coming back up. Thats what the minors are for.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 06:06 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

What sucks is we dont have a good candidate for closer. I look for Hart to make some dumbass knee jerk trade now to get a crap ex-closer. This team is imploding....damn.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 06:25 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

what sucks is that there are 4-5 other relievers that should have been demoted before rocker..

they could have basically sent all but a couple of the bullpen pitchers down without a problem
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 11:32 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Geez...the Rangers are saying that Irabu is going to close now? This team has serious problems. I like Irabu a lot as a starter or long reliever...but a closer? We'll see.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 01:08 AM   #12
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

<< Well, its better to get it back in AAA than in the big leagues. I see no harm in letting him get some work in down there, fixing whatever's wrong, and then coming back up. Thats what the minors are for. >>

Oh yeah, I'm with you on that. That's where it has to happen. I just would have liked to have seen it earlier. He hasn't had his slider yet, but they kept putting him out there. If I was Narron or Acosta, I'd be saying &quot;either throw straight shit or you're not throwing.&quot; Ya know? Oh well, he's in AAA now, so hopefully he can right the ship.