Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-19-2005, 10:12 PM   #1
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all
Default Miller Time ends

Reggie Miller just played his final game. He was one of my all time favorite players to watch, from his amazing clutch 3's to his hustle. He went out doing what he does best, shooting as he went 11 of 16. He should be in the hall for sure, considering he was one of the best shooters to ever play the game and probably the most clutch player ever.

It's a sad day in the NBA as Miller Time ends and as the NBA loses a legend.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2005, 10:20 PM   #2
Movie Phone

Movie Phone will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Miller Time ends

This is a sad day. Although he was one of the cheapest and dirtiest players around, I still loved him. Such a great shooter. Thank you Reggie Miller. Btw, what a classy gesture by larry brown.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:42 PM   #3
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE: Miller Time ends

That was very sad watching everyone hug him and the fans chant.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 11:53 PM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I would take exception to the claim of dirty. He worked the game by grabbing and flopping at times, but he has never, ever intentionally hurt someone, which is what I define as dirty.

Reggie Miller is one the classiest guys the NBA has ever seen. He was the ultimate leader and veteran on a team, leading by example and by word.

I will never forget the game he came out in warmup with a Superman T-Shirt on and refused to lose that game.

Reggie's on of my all time favorite athletes, and I will miss him.

Congrats on an incredible career Reggie, and I hope to see you in the broadcast booth soon.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:38 AM   #5
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Now if we could only get rid of Cheryl Miller somehow...
Old 05-20-2005, 09:27 AM   #6
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

17 seasons with the same team. Has that ever happened in any sport?
Old 05-20-2005, 01:41 PM   #7
MFFL41

MFFL41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
17 seasons with the same team. Has that ever happened in any sport?
I don't think it has.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:47 PM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Stockton played 19 years with the Jazz.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:46 PM   #9
Movie Phone

Movie Phone will become famous soon enough

Reggie played 18 years.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:50 AM   #10
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Classy guy. Miller time ends but we have lots of upcoming stars to look forward to now.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:41 PM   #11
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

I loved Reggie and I am glad that he went out in style. What he did for the pacers this year is exactly what I want Finley to proved for the mavs in the upcoming years. They didn't always need his point, but they always needed his leadership ecs[pecially after the brawl and injuries. He was so steady for them all year and stepped up for them when they needed him. I want Finley to become that kind of elder-statesman for the mavs. Reggie will be missed.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote