Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-30-2004, 09:35 PM   #81
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Mavericks vs. Spurs Gameday Thread

Total BS call at the end of the half. Parker extends his arms out and pushes Devin and devin get the foul call. Embarrising bad for the refs.

Mavs dominate the 2nd quarter, but then dont close it.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2004, 09:35 PM   #82
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Mavericks vs. Spurs Gameday Thread

are we giving the ball away?!?!

12 turnovers at the half is pretty disgusting
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:38 PM   #83
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

The Mavs are beating themselves now. They are having success inside the paint and for once they are actually hitting the gimmie shots but they would rather shoot jumpers? Dirk's getting to the rim at will. Why shoot another jumper? Why are we running our offense through Stack? This Spurs team is a good team but we definately are the reason why we are down 10 points now. This game should be alot closer than it is.

Also, whose assignment is Nesto? It's like no one is assigned to him. I've seen Dirk and Damp guard him at different times but i'm assuming that it's Dirk's assignment being we don't want Damp out there at mid range.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:39 PM   #84
PepperTheMavsFan41

The Mavs only took one 3 in the half.

Wow.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:39 PM   #85
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I love Harris' defense. But his court vision could use some work. The boy rarely passes to anyone.

Here's a wild idea: once you blow by the defender and get into the paint... kick it out to an open player.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:40 PM   #86
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

SA leads 50-40 at the half:

Howard (21) 3-8, 6pts, 1rb, 2tos

Dirk (21) 4-8, 4-4, 12pts, 6rbs, 3as, 3tos

Dampier (20) 2-3, 0-2, 4pts, 4rbs, 3tos

Daniels (18) 3-4, 2-2, 8pts, 3rbs, 1as

Harris (11) 1-3, 2-2, 4pts, 2tos

Terry (13) 2-4, 0-1, 4pts, 1rb, 3as, 2tos, 1stl

Stackhouse (12) 0-4, 2rbs, 1stl

Henderson (4) 1-2, 0-1, 2pts, 3rbs
Old 11-30-2004, 09:41 PM   #87
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

why are the Mavs allergic to passing? I don't get it, but we've gotta be one of the worst passing team in the league.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:42 PM   #88
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
I love Harris' defense. But his court vision could use some work. The boy rarely passes to anyone.

Here's a wild idea: once you blow by the defender and get into the paint... kick it out to an open player.
I think that's Nellies doing. So far i've seen this same exact thing with Josh and Quis and I don't think it's a coincidence. I think to get the pressure off the rookies Nellie encourages them to shoot and gives them the green light. Harris has been in a funk lately and I don't see why we can't bench him and start Terry. I don't believe Terry is that "spark" off the bench like Nellie wants. IMO, you should start your best players and Terry is our 2nd best player on this current team.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 09:43 PM   #89
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

oh yeah, and I won't mind seeing less and less Stack as Finley gets back.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 11-30-2004, 09:43 PM   #90
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

The refs have made a couple of calls a high school ref wouldn't make. The lean in by Ginobili was especially bad. That push off that was called on Devin was horrible too.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:43 PM   #91
PepperTheMavsFan41

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Crippler
why are the Mavs allergic to passing? I don't get it, but we've gotta be one of the worst passing team in the league.
Simple they dont have a point guard who knows how to play the position.

How many different ways can Bob say this without actually coming out and saying it?
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:44 PM   #92
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
I wouldn't argue that. Terry isn't that bad of a passer IMO. Actually if you look at the stats he's passing pretty well today. One thing that made us a pretty good passing team in the past was our passing on the break. This year we aren't pushing the ball up the court like in previous years. With Terry's speed, there are so many easy buckets we are missing out on it's ridiculous.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 09:46 PM   #93
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
The refs have made a couple of calls a high school ref wouldn't make. The lean in by Ginobili was especially bad. That push off that was called on Devin was horrible too.
That's not the reason why we are not winning. And to be honest we have gotten some freebies from the refs tonight also. The calls have been bad on both sides.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 09:48 PM   #94
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Also, I really hate the Mavs facsination with Stack. He's playing poor. We are trying to force him out of this slump by playing him more. Josh and Daniels deserve the pt over him tonight.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 09:48 PM   #95
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Terry is not a pg. He is a damn good player, but he's not a great pg. Neither is Devin Harris either at this point...
Old 11-30-2004, 09:51 PM   #96
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Terry is not a pg. He is a damn good player, but he's not a great pg. Neither is Devin Harris either at this point...
You don't need a great pg. You just need someone who can pass and Terry can do that. I wouldn't necessarily call Parker a great pg either but he's definately getting the job done. IMO, Terry hasn't even been given the opportunity to be a pg for this team. It's not like Terry has been shoot first pass second this season. He's been playing like a pg it's just he's been given limited minutes. This guy should be starting and get the chance to play with the starting guys. Not playing alongside Stack and Alan Henderson.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 09:51 PM   #97
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

It would be great if Stackhouse just made every 2 out of 5. If he can't do that... albiet shoot 40%... he isn't much good on offense.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:52 PM   #98
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Why in the hell are we starting Stack this quarter? We are rewarding him for his play? Damn.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 09:52 PM   #99
cheesestar
Golden Member

mavs kick off the quarter with....you guessed it, a turnover
Old 11-30-2004, 09:54 PM   #100
The Crippler
Diamond Member

of course, they start Stack to start the second half...wow.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:55 PM   #101
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Bayliss, Quis scoring in the post enough for you tonight? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 09:58 PM   #102
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Is Dirk ever going to shoot again???
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:59 PM   #103
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Damn nice block Stack.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 10:02 PM   #104
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Damn how can that be a foul on Parker but not one on Stack at the other end?

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 10:03 PM   #105
Bayliss

The Mavs come so close, then **poof** the Spurs back up by 10.

The Mavs need a spark defensively and stop committing turnovers.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:03 PM   #106
PepperTheMavsFan41

The Spurs arent doing anything ground breaking here.

Double Dirk every time he touches it, Zone the weak side, Force someone to hit a jumper. No other Mav can shoot, so they drive it into the lane and 2 7fters are waiting.

BAMMMM with no shooters All of a sudden were an avg team.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:07 PM   #107
cheesestar
Golden Member

NOWITZKI!!!
Old 11-30-2004, 10:08 PM   #108
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk's been f'ed over twice on the offensive end with bogus TO's. Why doesn't he get respect from the officials?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:11 PM   #109
Bayliss

Dallas is definitely some weird calls tonight.

And Dampir and Howard are shooting free throws like Walka.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:12 PM   #110
PepperTheMavsFan41

Dirk gets called for traveling

Josh absolutly butchers 2 fts, Devin Brown comes down gets an easy 6 fter.

TP gets away with sliding about 3 feet before calling the timeout.

That 90 secs right there HUGE.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:12 PM   #111
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

We have all watched many Mavs games, but wouldn't you agree this one is blatantly poorly officiated?
Old 11-30-2004, 10:12 PM   #112
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

I take it back Bookit. The refs are out to get us tonight. Not sure why but they are definately having a say who wins this game. It's amazing how many calls the fans can see all outside of the but the refs are on the court and can't see a damn thing. Amazing.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 10:12 PM   #113
cheesestar
Golden Member

it is impossible to make a run with this team. coming back from big deficits against the spurs is tough
Old 11-30-2004, 10:13 PM   #114
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

As bad as the Mavs passing has been, it doesn't nearly compare to blatant and consistently terrible calls or lack thereof. If this is the NBA's new and improved officiating, we'd be better off with Euro refs.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:13 PM   #115
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Why do the Mavs refuse to pass the ball to Dirk on the switch when he has a guard on him?
Old 11-30-2004, 10:15 PM   #116
cheesestar
Golden Member

nowitzki has 9 shots. thats not enough for the third quarter. the mavs have to do anything; picks double picks triple picks, quadruple picks, pick and rolls, give and go's dirty fouls while the ref's arent looking (jk) any play that gets dirk free
Old 11-30-2004, 10:17 PM   #117
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: cheesestar
nowitzki has 9 shots. thats not enough for the third quarter. the mavs have to do anything; picks double picks triple picks, quadruple picks, pick and rolls, give and go's dirty fouls while the ref's arent looking (jk) any play that gets dirk free
There's been at least 4 times that Dirk has had a guard on him begging for the ball but couldn't get a pass.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:18 PM   #118
Bookit
Diamond Member

Damn.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:19 PM   #119
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Now that's what I like to see from Stack. I've never seen a player that can get to the line anytime he wants but he would rather shoot a jumper.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 10:20 PM   #120
Bookit
Diamond Member

That run show you how much the Spurs need Duncan.