Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-15-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Terrible Call in the Indy Game

Someone's going to have to explain to me how that isn't an interception. He clearly had possession when he landed. If he'd stayed down, it's Steeler ball. Instead, he gets up, and as he's getting up, he loses control, and it's INCOMPLETE??????

The explanation made zero sense. Because he wasn't fully up when he lost the ball it's incomplete? What if he'd caught it, laid completely still on the ground for 5 seconds without being touched, then done the same thing....would they call that incomplete???

I am completely confused, and holy cow has Indy taken advantage now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 01-15-2006 at 03:39 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2006, 03:48 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted about this in the playoff prediction thread. That was the worst replay call that I have ever seen. I am hoping the Colts win, but that was clearly an interception by Pittsburgh. They got jobbed on that call.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 03:55 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

HOLY COWWWWW!!!!!

The Steelers had to just fall on the ball and they fumbled!!!

Colts driving for the win!!!!
Old 01-15-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Good grief. Vanderjagt missed a FG. Steelers win.

That dude had never missed a post season FG. wow.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:47 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

That was a poorly officiated game to say the least. How do you miss that interception call when you have that long to look at it? Plus, there was an absolutely abysmal non call early in the game when a Steeler receiver was interfered with blatantly on an underthrown deep ball. There was another obvious interference call that was missed when Pitt was going for a third down in the second quarter.

Can someone tell me how there wasn't a penalty on the 4th and inch play by the Steelers? The Steeler lineman flinched ever so slightly and then the entire Indy defensive line came across the line of scrimmage with many making contact. Then, all of the Pittsburgh lineman come out of their stances and make contact. How is there no penalty on either side? It should have been a false start on Pittsburgh, but if not that, then it had to be against Indy.

Plus, on second and long on Indy's first scoring drive of the second half, a Pittsburgh DL broke free and had a free shot at Manning for the sack but was dragged down from behind by an Indy lineman. This was right up the middle and extremely apparent. They weren't in alot of traffic at all. It was obvious.

The officiating was horrendous...absolutely horrendous. To make it worse, they were easy calls that they missed. It wasn't that they were missing things that you'd expect to be missed from time to time. These were all easy calls to say the least.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:30 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Several good points murph....that no call on the O-line was awful.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:59 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Irregardless of the horrible officiating that was a fun game. I wish the NFC game would live up to its precursor. I'm fighting off sleep.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:19 PM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't seem so boring to me!
Old 01-15-2006, 07:47 PM   #9
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

the nfc game wasnt that bad..

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 08:32 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I've tried to like P.Manning...I really have. I tried to like him even though I found myself lumping into the same group with the sorriness of his dad and brother... But, I just can't do it. The guy is sorry just like the rest of his family. To call out his offensive line like he did after the game is nothing but sorriness. He took no responsibility for the loss even though he looked pathetic in the first half. He couldn't keep his cool under pressure.

Guess what Manning, that's what the average QB deals with on a weekly basis. You should be kissing the ass of every offensive lineman on the team because you get more time than anyone else in the game... perhaps as much time as anyone else in the history fo the game.

You're a sorry guy, and I wish for nothing but failure for both you and the rest of your family when it comes to football.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:43 PM   #11
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
You know, I've tried to like P.Manning...I really have. I tried to like him even though I found myself lumping into the same group with the sorriness of his dad and brother... But, I just can't do it. The guy is sorry just like the rest of his family. To call out his offensive line like he did after the game is nothing but sorriness. He took no responsibility for the loss even though he looked pathetic in the first half. He couldn't keep his cool under pressure.

Guess what Manning, that's what the average QB deals with on a weekly basis. You should be kissing the ass of every offensive lineman on the team because you get more time than anyone else in the game... perhaps as much time as anyone else in the history fo the game.

You're a sorry guy, and I wish for nothing but failure for both you and the rest of your family when it comes to football.
I liked the fact that he tried to cover up his assheadness by saying "I'm trying to be a good teammate...". If you have to couch your statement with a declaration of being a good teammate, chances are you're about to make an ass out of yourself. It like starting a statement off with "No offense, BUT....".

I have only officially wished failure on Eli. I agree that Peyton was pretty sorry after the game, but for some reason I haven't lumped him in with this brother.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 08:51 PM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the Colts can sign Tee Martin...
Old 01-15-2006, 10:49 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

You can throw John Elway into that group of people that I always wished failure on...
Old 01-15-2006, 11:13 PM   #14
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
You can throw John Elway into that group of people that I always wished failure on...
Please wish failure on Drew Bledsoe too then, because your wishes don't seem to be doing so well with all of the bling on Elway's hand!
Old 01-16-2006, 12:14 AM   #15
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

haha tee martin! good stuff

Contact Me
Old 01-16-2006, 11:33 AM   #16
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

I guess you can imagine how someone from Pittsburgh like me felt after that game...
The refs clearly were absolutely out of this game. It started with that horrible no-call on the pass interference on Randle-El at the beginning of the game. He got tackled from behind while the ball was in the air. 99.9% of the time, in any other game, that's pass interference. Then came Polamalu's first pick which was whistled dead. Then came the encroachment call where every man on Indy's D-Line took a step forward and pointed fingers at our O-Line. The replay showed that Alan Faneca flinched. But the refs came out and clearly said that "nobody moved on either side of the ball" Bull Crap, everybody saw both sides move. Then came the no-call safety, which I'm pretty sure should have been 2 points + possession for us. Then came Polamalu's 2nd pick, which was probably the worst call reversal I've seen in my entire life.

I mean, we won the game, and I'm still frustrated. If the Steelers ended up losing that game, it would go down as one of the biggest officiating travesties in NFL history.

Those refs should be fined. Honestly, if we don't start now, every game is going to be won by whoever the refs are cheering for.

... GO STEELERS!

Last edited by mavsman55; 01-16-2006 at 11:35 AM.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:19 PM   #17
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman55
I guess you can imagine how someone from Pittsburgh like me felt after that game...
The refs clearly were absolutely out of this game. It started with that horrible no-call on the pass interference on Randle-El at the beginning of the game. He got tackled from behind while the ball was in the air. 99.9% of the time, in any other game, that's pass interference. Then came Polamalu's first pick which was whistled dead. Then came the encroachment call where every man on Indy's D-Line took a step forward and pointed fingers at our O-Line. The replay showed that Alan Faneca flinched. But the refs came out and clearly said that "nobody moved on either side of the ball" Bull Crap, everybody saw both sides move. Then came the no-call safety, which I'm pretty sure should have been 2 points + possession for us. Then came Polamalu's 2nd pick, which was probably the worst call reversal I've seen in my entire life.

I mean, we won the game, and I'm still frustrated. If the Steelers ended up losing that game, it would go down as one of the biggest officiating travesties in NFL history.

Those refs should be fined. Honestly, if we don't start now, every game is going to be won by whoever the refs are cheering for.

... GO STEELERS!

Hahaha... I bet you almost shit your pants when Bettis fumbled on the Goalline...
Old 01-16-2006, 01:06 PM   #18
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

what did manning say? I missed that. Did he blame the loss on the O-Line? Pitiful.

great tee martin crack!

as for the officiating... horrible all game. but they did get some right.

they were right on the non-safety call. his feet were outside of the end zone when he was knocked back. And the first troy pick was an incomplete pass.

however, the interception reversal was the WORST call i think i have ever seen. every single person i was watching with (even colts fans) said it was BS.

and to not throw a flag on that "false start/encroachment" play was crazy. although, in replays, it did seem like the colts players didn't touch anyone. that's hard to believe with all those big guys in there, but it seemed that way to me. I'd have to see it one more time to be sure.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 01-16-2006 at 01:07 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:23 PM   #19
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Coming from a guy that DEFINITELY wanted Indy to win, I must also admit that the non-interception call had to be up there with the worst calls of all time. It really did seem to me like the refs wanted Indy to win. Just call after call after call went in their favor.

Wasn't that pick that was reversed called a pick on the field? If so, that makes it even worse... Just unvelievable...
Old 01-16-2006, 04:22 PM   #20
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

The interception call was unbelievable. It was so visibly obvious what had happened. Also, the non-call at the line late in the game was ridiculous.

Not even the referees could save Manning from choking, much like he did for my fantasy team all year long.

I join Murphy in his wish...
Old 01-16-2006, 04:54 PM   #21
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Something I haven't seen commented on....

The incomplete call in the endzone during the Tampa Bay v. Redskins game last week.

As it turned out, the call was correct, but...

The logic of the rule makes no sense. Anyone know the rationale for making the criteria for a catch different in the end zone than in the playing field?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #22
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
Something I haven't seen commented on....

The incomplete call in the endzone during the Tampa Bay v. Redskins game last week.

As it turned out, the call was correct, but...

The logic of the rule makes no sense. Anyone know the rationale for making the criteria for a catch different in the end zone than in the playing field?
I don't think it is different. For instance, if a player is catching the ball near the sidelines and going to the ground, he can have possession and have both feet in bounds, but if the ball comes lose when he hits the ground, it's not a catch...even though he's out of bounds.

Keyshawn lost a catch (I believe in the KC game) because of that rule.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:43 PM   #23
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
Hahaha... I bet you almost shit your pants when Bettis fumbled on the Goalline...
I watched the ensuing drive from outside through the window.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:09 PM   #24
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I don't think it is different. For instance, if a player is catching the ball near the sidelines and going to the ground, he can have possession and have both feet in bounds, but if the ball comes lose when he hits the ground, it's not a catch...even though he's out of bounds.

Keyshawn lost a catch (I believe in the KC game) because of that rule.
You may be right--I don't think I've ever seen the situation on a sideline play.

But I still don't like the rule. It seems inconsistent.

If the ground can't cause a fumble, why can it cause an incompletion when the player posseses the ball on the way down, with knees contacting the ground?

Butch Johnson's Super Bowl catch involved far less possession, IMO.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:48 PM   #25
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
You may be right--I don't think I've ever seen the situation on a sideline play.

But I still don't like the rule. It seems inconsistent.

If the ground can't cause a fumble, why can it cause an incompletion when the player posseses the ball on the way down, with knees contacting the ground?

Butch Johnson's Super Bowl catch involved far less possession, IMO.
I thought about the Butch Johnson catch myself. Haven't seen the highlight in a while but didn't Butch maintain possession?

As an addendum, that Tampa rule only applies when the player is being tackled while making the catch. Here’s a quote from a league exec who oversees the officals:

Under league officiating procedure, an "act common to the game" is defined as controlling the ball long enough to hand it, pitch it or pass it. But Pereira noted that this definition only applies when there is "contact with a defensive player and the ball comes loose, which did not happen here."

So when you look at it in that context, the rule makes a little more sense. They’re basically saying that if a defender is close enough to make a play on the ball or the man then they’re going to give him the benefit by requiring the offensive player to maintain possession even after he hit’s the ground.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:05 PM   #26
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

NFL: Ref Botched Call on Steelers Pickoff
By DAVE GOLDBERG, AP Football Writer
1 hour, 49 minutes ago

The NFL said the referee made a mistake: Troy Polamalu caught the ball. The league acknowledged Monday that referee Pete Morelli erred when he overturned on replay Polamalu's interception of a Peyton Manning pass Sunday in the playoff game between Pittsburgh and Indianapolis.

Mike Pereira, the league's vice president of officiating, said in a statement that Morelli should have let the call on the field stand.

"He maintained possession long enough to establish a catch," Pereira said. "Therefore, the replay review should have upheld the call on the field that it was a catch and fumble."
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:11 PM   #27
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

finally saw another replay of the false start/encroachment non-call.

after faneca flinched, some colts players jumped across, but did not make contact (crazy, i know). then another steeler moved, then another colt jumped across and he DID make contact. no call both ways? crazy.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:28 AM   #28
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I am normally the guy that tries to explain a call. I cant explain that one at all. As I was watching with some friends (I REALLY wanted the colts to win, I hate the steelers with the exception of hines ward) the announcer was saying indy has to challenge because its such a big play. I was like NO they dont because its a waste of a timeout and there is no way it gets overturned. He had the ball for like 2 seconds before he fumbled. Then its overturned and for a split second the cheating idea did slip into my mind. I dont believe they were cheating and I think those theories are bs but that is the first time the idea has ever entered my mind.

About blaming the oline, I think it is crap to blame the oline but he didnt completely do that. He said they put us in situations we hadnt seen. We had some protection problems. Completely true. No average qbs dont see THAT every day. Vince Young or Vick or anyone short of God could have gotten out of some of those plays. He had less than 2 seconds. That said he gets all the credit for recognizing and changing plays so at some point he should have found an answer. My question is when you have one of the best rbs in the league and they are blitzing you to death why the hell does he not have more than 13 carries?? Peyton is beginning to have a chris simms type rep in my opinion. Which means when he loses it is a big game that HE lost but when he wins its not a big game and his TEAM won. Peyton is still the best QB in football and the colts fans who want him gone right now have no clue what they are talking about. I would give pretty much any 3 players on the cowboys for him.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:04 AM   #29
alby
Guru

honestly, peyton is a softie and it doesn't look like he'll ever win a superbowl in his prime.

dont you guys just love polamalu, they show him as the refs were reversing the call and he just puts on his helmet and runs back on the field.. what a class act

Contact Me
Old 01-18-2006, 10:16 AM   #30
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Coaching lost that game. Pure and simple. I am a huge tony dungy fan and Im actually not putting it on him but on their coordinator. How do you stop a team from blitzing? Run the freakin football. THey have one of the best rbs in the league. Give him the ball. Peyton hasnt won the big one but he will. In fact I think they will win it next year.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:17 AM   #31
alby
Guru

I'm picking cowboys and chargers in next year's superbowl, save this post =p

Contact Me
Old 01-18-2006, 10:43 AM   #32
Five-ofan
Guru

Chargers wont be close. Cowboys I could see but Im going in a different direction. Skins and Colts.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:32 PM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

5-0, Peyton completely through the o-line under the bus while failing to take responsibility on his own shoulders. That's a sorry individual.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:51 PM   #34
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
dont you guys just love polamalu, they show him as the refs were reversing the call and he just puts on his helmet and runs back on the field.. what a class act
I pointed that out to my boys. I've never been a fan of his (never really knew much about him) but I certainly respected that attitude. That guy is a good footballer.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:34 PM   #35
mavsman55
Platinum Member

Troy Polamalu is such a calm guy off the field and in between plays. During plays, he's an absolute maniac. It's kind of weird, actually. But he's an incredibly nice man. Him and his wife have made it a hobby of theirs to go to restaurants and find a young husband and wife enjoying a meal, and simply pick up the tab for them. He is an incredibly soft-spoken man, which is why it's so weird to see him doing what he does on the football field.

I think Troy Polamalu and Joey Porter seemingly even themselves out.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:49 PM   #36
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
My friends and i said the EXACT same thing as we watched the game. at MOST, he just kind of shook his head. imagine if TO had a touchdon call reversed? his head would explode.

i haven't had the chance to watch many steeler games these past couple seasons, but after every one, i come away more impressed by polamalu. that guy is a player.

a friend of mine at work said he saw story on polamalu. Apparently, he says a prayer before every play, and has never lifted weights (he sticks to non-traditional exercise).

and since someone brought up Joey Porter... From the Sports Guy:

Quote:
• NFL Films catching Joey Porter going over to Troy Polamalu near the end of the Steelers-Bengals game and dropping the Jeff Daniels line from "Dumb and Dumber" -- "Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this ... and totally redeem yourself!" line. It was funny in the movie and 10 times funnier when repeated by a 250-pound linebacker in Round 1 of the playoffs. You can't put a price on this kind of comedy. You really can't.
can't say i'd ever expect porter to be quoting dumb and dumber.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #37
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

BBL - do you know what his workout regimen is? I remember Herschel Walker being like that and doing something like 1000 pushups, 10,000 situps, 1000 pullups, etc... just wondering...

classy reaction to a terrible call.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 01:46 AM   #38
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

here's an article i found on it... but the name "marinovich" sends chills down my spine...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05220/550403.stm
Old 01-20-2006, 04:48 PM   #39
Five-ofan
Guru

Peyton said that the steelers put them in situations they hadnt been in before and they had protection problems. That is nowhere near the "throwing under the bus" of the Oline that it was made out to be. He shouldnt have said it but its not even as bad much less worse than what tiki said after the giants game and he didnt take nearly this much crap. The people that talk about peyton are the same dumbasses who blamed chris simms for every UT loss when he was at UT but didnt give him any credit when they won.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:05 AM   #40
alby
Guru

the whole bit where he said "i'm trying not to be a bad teammate" or whatever is bad enough

Contact Me