Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 11-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Korea

Hopefully this thread doesn't end up with too many posts in it, but we could be on the verge of something awful...

North Korea Attacks South Korea's Yeonpyeong Island

North, South Korea exchange fire after attack

President Obama “Outraged” By North Korea’s Attack

World condemns deadly N. Korean artillery attack

South Korea’s won tumbles 2.5%

Wall Street falls on opening as world markets react to European crisis and Korean hostilities

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

And for you fatalists out there...

North Korea attacks: Are we skipping towards a nuclear apocalypse?

Old 11-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
Underdog

Iran Fortifies Its Arsenal With the Aid of North Korea

Old 11-29-2010, 12:13 AM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Is this about their World Cup embarrassment or their tiny penises?
Old 11-29-2010, 04:29 PM   #5
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
And Sarah Palin seems to think North Korea is our ally. I hope she never becomes President.
Mavericks Rockets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
And Sarah Palin seems to think North Korea is our ally. I hope she never becomes President.
I actually think she said that all 57 states needed to have trade agreements with them..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:41 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think I have a WHOLE LOT LESS concern about who Sarah recognizes is our enemy than the dude currently residing in the white house. I don't really have much of a clue about him.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #9
AngieO41

AngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to behold

I'm sure none of us have ever misspoken about anything.
AngieO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:59 AM   #10
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Let's face it...people are not perfect.

The only reality is that all of us are people, be it a common citizen, or a common politician...this includes people of other nations.

At the end of the day, it is people who speak, people who make choices...

Funny, I saw a bumper sticker that was protesting War..."War is not the answer"...I saw this and thought to myself..."Doing Nothing is not that answer either"

We all want peace and we all respond to events in our own individual way. Hey perhaps it's time to send N.Korea some Cyber Messages and force them into submission with a barrage of fluff ;-)
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #11
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
My problem is not necessarily with the gaffe itself, but with her general lack of understanding when it comes to foreign policy. I think this article explains it well:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mitche..._b_788647.html

Of course it is hard to blame her - if only she was able to see North Korea from her house then she would know everything about it!

Like I said before, I believe she is dangerously unprepared to be President and I hope she never sees the inside of the White House.
Mavericks Rockets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:24 PM   #12
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
My problem is not necessarily with the gaffe itself, but with her general lack of understanding when it comes to foreign policy. I think this article explains it well:

Of course it is hard to blame her - if only she was able to see North Korea from her house then she would know everything about it!

Like I said before, I believe she is dangerously unprepared to be President and I hope she never sees the inside of the White House.
Don't worry about it, due to an unwarranted perception, she is unelectable.

Personally, I believe she would make a great President as she has a very good understanding of how to simplify issues into very core concepts. She is clear about her beliefs and values, thus she's pretty clear about how she would lead.

However her views run opposite from those who have a very leftist ideology. These are the same folks who run the majority of the media outlets and thus they have considerable influence over some Americans...namely those who consider themselves independant or undecided.

They did a good job of spinning things in such a way to make Sarah Palin unelectable, thus they accomplished their mission.

Hopefully, we will see someone rise up through the conservative movement who may be a bit more savy in how they handle the media and thus keep themselvs on the electable front. Hopefully they have shared values with Sarah Palin, keep true to their beliefs, while avoiding the pitfalls of media slander.

Gaffs are Gaffs...beit Sarah Palin or Joe Biden...especially in this age of immidiate mass media. Look at sports, look at how Terrell Owens has been painted...much of the negative spin/blame falls on how the media manipulates the message.

So I take these with a grain of salt.

That being said, if Sarah were electable, I would be more than honored to cast my vote for her. I would trust her leadership.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #13
AngieO41

AngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Interesting article. I have a hard time taking her seriously. Mostly because she adds nothing. I have yet to hear her come up with any ideas or solutions to the many problems we have in this country. She always spouts off about how Washington is horrible, the White House is horrible and how they all run the lamestream media. It's all really annoying.
I can say that I don't know much about what's going on in Korea, but even I know that North Korea isn't something to mess with. I know that they aren't a country that you can just have a good ole bar-b-q and talk about how fun it was watchin the mama grizzlies protect their cubs and become the best of buds. That kind of attitude is the very reason why she should not and will not ever lead this country. I'm so over that hockey mom crap.
AngieO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #14
92bDad
Platinum Member

Now that this has spun into a Palin thread, let's see if we can spin it back into N. Korea talk.

After all, wasn't it President George W. Bush who placed N. Korea in the Axis of Evil.

For most of us, N.Korea is a country way over there, while some of us have actually lived in South Korea and understand the magnitude of this neighbor to the North.

To bring it home, North Korea is to South Korea what Oklahoma is to Texas. Picture if you will each state being its own country...now picture having a rogue state as your neighbor.

The problem you have with North Korea and the many other "Evil" nations is not how they govern their own country from within, but rather the influence and desires that they have beyond their boarders.

What's amazing is to hear the left-stream media, when non-liberals are in charge, painting a picture of Ware Mongers and blame the US for fighting wars for oil, but when the Liberals are in charge, they are quiet.

North Korea, like Iraq under Saddam is a threat to Freedom.

My question ... how much talk does it take before you consider raising the bar on taking more persuasive action? While your at it, what other actions would you consider to influence the threat of North Korea, and other nations who threaten freedom throughout the world?
Old 12-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #15
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
...what other actions would you consider to influence the threat of North Korea, and other nations who threaten freedom throughout the world?
I think we should translate all your posts into Korean, and force them to read your posts until they're begging us to hit them with a barrage of Freedom Nukes.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:27 AM   #16
dude1394
Guru

I think wikileaks has shown that the yahoos currently running the joint aren't the brightest bulbs in the box.. Our community-organizer is extremely over-rated in...well just about every department...but particularly in the foreig...well economi...hmm...can't decide really...
Old 12-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #17
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I think wikileaks has shown that the yahoos currently running the joint aren't the brightest bulbs in the box.. Our community-organizer is extremely over-rated in...well just about every department...but particularly in the foreig...well economi...hmm...can't decide really...
That's a big part of the threat of Wikileaks...not that it'll compromise some operation, but that it'll show the folks running the show for who and what they are.

The whole saga is pretty interesting -- not just the stories, but Assange and all that.

(Incidentally...the rape charges against Assange are amongst the most ridiculous politically motivated smear job charges in the history of ever. It seems the *rape* in one of the cases boils down to a question of whether the condom Assange was wearing during a bout of consensual sex busted or whether it's sabatoged by Assange before the act.)

What Assange is doing is making the press do it's job, not as propaganda organs for the State, but as a real watchdog. The State is naturally quite furious over this, but not nearly as mad as the press who will for the time being be forced to work and think for a living.

Last edited by alexamenos; 12-06-2010 at 11:23 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:54 AM   #18
92bDad
Platinum Member

Who's watching the press?

Then again is this simply a circular train, with everyone watching everyone, while secretly hooking up?