Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-13-2001, 08:42 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Worst Movie that a girlfriend/wife has beaten you down and made you watch again and again
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2001, 08:43 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The #1 biggest whip is...
Steel Magnolia's/Fried Green Tomatoes.

same movie, different actors
Old 05-13-2001, 08:44 AM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Titanic and Interview with a Vampire
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 08:45 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

haha, i liked titanic ok.
i'll agree with interview with the vampire. that may be my girlfriend's favorite movie...it drags and drags and drags
Old 05-13-2001, 02:53 PM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I had to watch Interview twice. The second time is chinese water torture.
Old 05-13-2001, 11:56 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

it's kinda like meet joe black.
one time didn't suck, but the second time was painfully slow and tortureous
Old 05-14-2001, 12:01 AM   #7
MFFL
Guru

Never saw the movie. I guess I lucked out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2001, 12:09 AM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

like i said, didn't suck the first time, but the second time was painful
Old 05-14-2001, 12:12 AM   #9
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

The only time I actually fell asleep during the movie and then walked out before it ended was when I was dragged to see that Tim Allen/Kirstie Alley movie where they played rich people diguised and hiding among the Amish. I think it was called "For Richer or Worse" or some crap like that. Titanic also blew chunks because we walked in during the last 20mins, and then stuck around for the next showing.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 09:53 AM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

yeah, the tim allen movie was rather gay.
why did you walk in the last 20 minutes of a movie?

i fell asleep in one of the last couple james bond movies..
just tired, don't know if it was a bad movie or not
Old 05-14-2001, 11:45 AM   #11
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I was living in a dorm and my gf at the time was living at home. She liked going to late movies so she could get freaky on me in the back. So we hardly ever checked showtimes..just went in whenever [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm not completely sure why we walked in during the end of Titanic, but that's probably the reason.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 12:07 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

ah, ok, well, that's excuseable then
Old 05-31-2005, 09:42 AM   #13
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default RE: Worst Movie that a girlfriend/wife has beaten you down and made you watch again and again

In love & war (I think that was the name with Sandar Bullock and Chris O'Donnell)
Old 05-31-2005, 11:55 AM   #14
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Worst Movie that a girlfriend/wife has beaten you down and made you watch again and again

Moulin Rouge, Chicago.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:09 PM   #15
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of
Default RE:Worst Movie that a girlfriend/wife has beaten you down and made you watch again and again

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Moulin Rouge
This is a fantastic movie. Sorry you couldn't enjoy it.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 12:11 PM   #16
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Worst Movie that a girlfriend/wife has beaten you down and made you watch again and again

Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy
Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Moulin Rouge
This is a fantastic movie. Sorry you couldn't enjoy it.
Oh, I know Moulin-Rouge is a well-made good movie, but at least for me, it began to lose it's charm after the 7th or 8th mind-numbing viewing...

Old 05-31-2005, 01:15 PM   #17
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to end my life 10 minutes into Moulin Rouge the first time.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:35 PM   #18
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

At this point, no one has complained about the movies I like to see repeatedly: Laura Croft - Tomb Raider & Blue Crush. So far, I do not have to feel like a failure as a gf. (Perhaps it's because I USUALLY watch these movies when I don't have company).

A guy insisted my friend and I watch Moulin Rouge with him back when it first came out on video/DVD. It was kind of icky. I liked one of the songs at least, and I always support fellow red-heads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I've never seen Titanic - the previews were enough of a beating for me. Leonardo Decaprio is revolting.

Once, last fall, I got a little tired of watching football. It was on all day long, and the audio was way over stimulating after several hours. I had to go into another room and turn on the Oxygen channel in order to add some levity. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2005, 02:01 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Smiles is the perfect woman.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:58 PM   #20
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Moulin Rouge is a great movie. I, scarily, just watched it again last night. I'm astonished that it basically got no buzz and Chicago did. Chicago. OMG. Someone please gouge my eyes out!
Old 05-31-2005, 05:07 PM   #21
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Where the Heart Is

The fact that Natalie Portman and Ashley Judd are in it was the only thing that kept me from suicide.

Wife's also big into period pieces: Everafter, Sense and Sensibility, Emma...*ugg*

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:00 PM   #22
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
OMG, you made my day!

Sometimes I'm a little too full of myself though. Somebody reign me in! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

I used to watch Everafter a lot with my mom. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] My dad deserved it though - we've seen his John Wayne movies hundreds of times over the years. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2005, 09:16 PM   #23
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Where the Heart Is. By FAR the hottest Natalie Portman has ever looked was in that movie.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:06 AM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: Smiles
Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
OMG, you made my day!

Sometimes I'm a little too full of myself though. Somebody reign me in! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

I used to watch Everafter a lot with my mom. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] My dad deserved it though - we've seen his <u>John Wayne movies</u> hundreds of times over the years. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smiles' dad is the perfect man. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:58 PM   #25
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a female-counterpart-forced-viewing, but Mission Impossible 2....... I had it for 2 or 3 years before I was finally able to finish it. At one point I used to play it when I had trouble sleeping.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:21 PM   #26
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Great Expectations. Wasn't the worst movie i've ever seen, but certainly the most unrealistic movie for a movie that was suppose to be realistic.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 11:25 PM   #27
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Talented Mr. Ripley. I was dragged into that piece of crap however long ago it was and I still use it for insurance that I get to pick the movie. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2005, 12:22 PM   #28
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Legally Blonde 2 - so, SO bad! i was ready to shoot myself in the face 15 minutes in...
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:06 PM   #29
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

The worst movie I've ever seen in the theatres is Stepmom. I also got dragged into Two Week's Notice, but thankfully that movie was so bad that my girlfriend couldn't even stand it, so we left 30 minutes in.

HBO is where the worst offenses in my life occur. I've probably seen Center Stage, a movie about a sassy new-age ballet group, about half a dozen times. The same for Girl, coming of age story about an adolecent teenager who gets screwed over by a Kurt Cobain look-alike local rock-star. Both are in regular rotation on pay cable that my girlfriend can't resits turning on EVERY TIME IT'S ON.

Fuck you HBO.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Talented Mr. Ripley. I was dragged into that piece of crap however long ago it was and I still use it for insurance that I get to pick the movie. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
The Talented Mr. Ripley....great movie
Old 06-05-2005, 03:32 PM   #31
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
The Talented Mr. Ripley....great movie
Proof positive that intelligent people sometimes do prefer crap.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2005, 05:22 PM   #32
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Ripley was very good.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:27 AM   #33
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
I thought Ripley was very good.
I thought it was very good at stinking.

Part of my animosity towards it is because the other option was Fellowship of the Rings... I lost and we saw Ripley. I hated it. She hated it. We almost never get to see movies at the theater because we have children.... and it just worked out that I never got to see Fellowship on the big screen. I blame Ripley for that... well, all the good reviews of it that caused my wife to persuade me to see it instead of Fellowship.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:31 AM   #34
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

ahhhh, now I now how you pronounce u2: "W-h-i-p-p-e-d" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:38 AM   #35
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

Purple Rain. My wife would probably leave me for Prince.
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:53 AM   #36
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

sike: Of the two of us, one of us does but I am NOT the one that either gets whipped or "enjoys" being whipped. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] (just kidding)

flip: I loved Purple Rain, do you not like it because of your wife's infatuation.... or are you truly beaten down by the movie.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:27 AM   #37
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

Right now after going to two Prince concerts and seeing almost every video/concert on tape and my wife made a Prince purse and has posters of Prince in our closet and in the Wash room and also has every cd he made. I am truly beaten. Damn what run on sentence. Long road trips are a major beating although I have gottn her to listen to sports talk radio until we get out of the area on road trips.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:01 PM   #38
Smiles
Diamond Member

Edit

Last edited by Smiles; 03-07-2021 at 12:25 PM.
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 03:49 PM   #39
Flip41

Now you feel my pain.